Swamp Trek III: The Search for Ter-raen

covaithe

Explorer
Fewtrell's brow furrows. "The contract? I was under the impression yours was a verbal agreement with Master Thorne. I certainly have notes on that. Was something signed, and I not given a copy? I've told him a dozen times not to go signing contracts me present to file them properly, but he just can't help himself, can he?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Can he nae? Weel, he wis quite stubborn oan th' maiter whan we askit, an' wadnae sign onything, so aw Ah hiv is his wird, an' whitever ye put in yer jottins. Ane an' a hauf thoosand gowd, Urn aw nae, is whit he said."

covaithe

Explorer
Fewtrell's shoulders droop slightly. "I take it ye've nae -- you've not found the Urn, then? Let's see..." He rummages through his papers for a moment, then pulls one to the front of the pile. "Here we are: full amount to be paid on recovery of urn, or on statement under truth magic that urn or house not found after thorough search. Shall I call for a mage, then?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Och, we fund th' hoose richt enow," Gildrim says, scowling. "A mage? Ah've an honest f- aye, aye, ye'd best."[sblock=OOC]Mage? not priest? :confused: [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Priest, mage; whatever. Guy in a funny robe who wiggles his fingers. :p Ah, well; that's what I get for not looking the spell up before posting, I guess. [/sblock]

Fewtrell nods. "I'll send a runner. It may be an hour or two; even with the ridiculous fees they charge us, the Temple can't always send someone immediately. And we'll need to schedule ten minutes with the boss; he'll want to hear this. You folks wait here. Anything we can bring you? Tea? Fresh water?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ye wadnae hae onythin' a wee bit stranger?" Gildrim asks, then reconsiders. "Ach, nae, mebbe it wadnae mell sae weel wi' magic. Watter wad be walcome."

Remove ads