[OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ok, so, Ariwalkr, your character has been introduced. You are with 1 hp currently.
I'll give you some background information later today

Voda Vosa

First Post
Half. Information about your background is as follows:

[sblock=For airwalkrr only]
After falling in the Sword for hires category in search for some gold, you enjoyed some easy jobs, until a particular individual came to the mercenary establishment office searching for as many mercenaries as he could get. The pay promised to be ransom, and you got some in advance, which incentives you to take the job.

This man, named Alkante, was the messenger of one powerful mage, who wished to secure an ancient artefact from the lone forgotten prison of Spellhold. He had arranged a ship to sail from Baldur's gate with all of you, himself and his colleagues and apprentices, all of them wizards of sorts.

Days after your caravan reaches the docks of Baldur's Gate, and the ship is already there. Your captain orders you all to board. You notice this powerful mage standing at the top of the higher deck. His sheer presence pushes your nerves to the edge.

During the trip you never see him again, although you sort of feel him, somewhere in the ship.

As the ship touches land in Spellhold many days after, you and the mercenaries lead the way into the prison, that looms over the entire island. The first encounters are against all sort of undead creatures, skeletons mostly, but spectres and shadows also lurk this long abandoned place. The puzzling wizard moves in the rear, surrounded by other mages, they assist you with their spells as the battle unfolds in your favour.

For what you can make out, the wizards discuss about a lich, or several liches, since this was an arcane users prison, the presence of undeads points out in that direction. As the wizards argue in the spacious room you are in, the undead attack, surprisingly, being teleported right amidst the company. In the chaos of the battle, many of your comrades are slain, if not all. You are one of the only left, and the wizards have also lost many off their ranks, several apprentices are dead, along with their masters.
As you blast one spectre, a sneaky skeleton surprises you from behind, sliding his rusted sword from your back. You see the point coming out through your abdomen, covered in your blood, and then you fall unconsious.
For some miracle, you were considered dead, but your connection with the feywild granted you a second chance. You are awaken by footsteps coming in your direction.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tomorrow finds me out of town (yeah, out of town from being away from home already), driving 18 hours to attend my brother's wedding. I will be a tad scarce during the weekend until returning on Tuesday.

tiornys

Explorer
No worries perrinmiller, VV's going to be away longer than you are. For those who missed it, he's basically without internet for the rest of the month. Link.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
You weren't the only one. I missed it myself. I rarely actually visit the Talking the Talk page. I just check on my subscribed threads most of the time and post to those that have recent activity.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases