The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Theroc

First Post
Pyre would have blinked, had he eyelids or typical eyes. The woman seemed to have an affinity with wind. He supposed it might be similar to his connection with fire, but obviously not on the same level as his connection with fire. And the woman's note of not meaning to harm him was more confusing still. Where did he say he felt she intended him harm?

"I did not think you intended harm... but light without direction can blind. If you wish to know more, you should decide what precisely it is you wish to learn, to avoid losing sight of it. If you are curious about me, what is it that makes you curious?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Metliz seems to ponder the question. She twists her mouth in a thoughtful expression. "Ahm... What are you made off? Are you made from flesh like all of us? Or something else? Do you bleed? Do you eat or consume something? Why are you so afraid of water? Can you die? Are you alive? Can you urinate? Can you feel pain? Can you feel tickles? Can you feel a soft caress? Can you feel fear? Love?" Metliz shot a thousand questions without even breathing between them.

Willette

First Post
"I awoke in the mouth of a cave about 2 days walk to the East of here. I got to know the lay of the forest around there during my first few waking days and could lead us back.", suggested Elldar. "Although a wolf pack calls that area home so if we go we must be prepared to confront them."

"Given the distance it will be to our new camp, should we even find a suitable one, it might be wise if we all went so there is no need to come retrive those left behind."

"Come to think of it, I could speak to some of the animals in the area and try discover if they can provide us with some information regarding the surrounding area or threats we may encounter."

Would some kind of gather information roll be required here i assume? How do i use the little OOC hidden box thing as i'm new to using this? :p aaaaand what do we use for rolls?

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Wilette, just 'quote' my post and take a look at the coding used here. It should tell you how to create an 'sblock'.[/sblock]

"Ahm... What are you made off? Are you made from flesh like all of us? Or something else? Do you bleed? Do you eat or consume something? Why are you so afraid of water? Can you die? Are you alive? Can you urinate? Can you feel pain? Can you feel tickles? Can you feel a soft caress? Can you feel fear? Love?"

The volume of questions being barraged at the being made the elemental blink and shift slightly away from the girl. Not so much as to appear frightened, but enough to give Pyre the illusion of having more time to consider.

"Made of? I do not believe I am 'flesh' like the rest of you... judging from the appearance of my hands, I would guess my 'flesh' is more akin to stone than yours... though perhaps you could give a better assessment? My flames won't touch you at the moment." Pyre paused a moment, realizing the answer was longer than the question, giving a moment to let her digest the answer, and a moment for him to think of the next answer. "Do I bleed? Bleeding is when your flesh is damaged and liquid flows from the damage? No... I do not believe I bleed... though I am not certain... I am certain that I do not eat nor sleep, however." Pyre had to wonder how much of a handicap needing to eat and sleep would be. The sheer amount of time taken from the pursuit of knowledge. It must be why this female was in such a hurry to learn. "From what I understand, fleshling, the simplest comparison could give you is that my fire is like your blood. Water extinguishes fire. Imagine if you could be covered in a something which took away all of your blood. Would that thing not frighten you? From this, you should now understand that I can both feel fear and have my existence snuffed out... possibly more easily than you." So many questions, and some of which Pyre was not even certain of entirely. He tilted his head briefly before turning it back to it's normal state. He had realized he was different from the others, but the girl's questions only further made him realize that he had very little in common with the others.

"I can feel emotion in the same way you do, as far as my experience tells me. I do not believe I can urinate, but perhaps that is because I do not consume anything. I also know I can feel when I am holding something, and sense the strength of my grip. I would not know whether or not I can feel the things you mention..."

The living flame replied, pausing for a moment to think on the vast number of differences separating him from the others, and also to the similarities, whilst simultaneously waiting for the human's responses.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well then, you are an indeed strange creature Pyre. I thank you for your patience, my curiosity is satisfied." Metliz states, smiling lightly as usual. "Oh, another question: Why don't you go with Angrboda and the others? I can tell you want to. You really want to go."

rangerjohn

Explorer
"I agree it should be a large group", Falryn says between bites of rabbit and fruit. Then he thinks back on the previous night and the other elf trying to interest in music. While he found her and music entrancing, they obviously had different patrons. Still he tried for her sake.

Arkhandus

First Post
In response to Elldar's suggestion, Theris repeats "I ain't movin' yet. We just started gettin' situated here. If ya find a better spot, I'll consider it. But not t'day."

The tiny bronze-colored man with fiery hair, who usually floats around Seshani, when he's around at all, now zips over to Pyre and hovers next to the flamekin. Patting his shoulder, Hassad says in his peculiar accent "Do not be worrying, Pyre. Eating and drinking and sleeping are not so great, though pleasant to try once in a while. Frankly much of what these people must do is gross, yes? A waste of time. Such things, we do not need. Displaced we are, but no less normal. In fact, better! I must take you, yes, to see City of Brass someday.....love it, Hassad thinks you will, sayyid."

[sblock=OOC]Yes, a Gather Information check would be most appropriate. Mind you, the forest animals can only communicate simple concepts to Elldar.

Spoiler blocks are made by putting (sblock) at the start of a section, then (/sblock) at the end of whatever block of text you're putting in the spoiler block. Simply use square brackets instead of parentheses, [like this]. To give a title to the spoiler block, you can start it with (sblock=OOC) or (sblock=This is a spoiler block) for example, but the closing tag is always just (/sblock).

Also, do you use Orange or Sandy Brown for Angrboda, GlassEye? I ran out of suitable text colors for Hassad, Seshani's fire gen familiar.....Metliz uses yellow, Pyre a dark red, Elldar a bright red, Tianulien a cream color apparently called lemon chiffon, and Jaegar a brownish color....[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak nods. "Aye, settin' up to move so soon, when we don't even know if we're goin' ta find a place be a poor idea. 'Sides, with a camp here, ya'll can leave some heavier things behind, seein' as we're only goin' for a short trek. 'Less, that is, we want to take a coupla days to the mountains. Caves're likely up 'round there... But I'd think a larger group would be in order fer that."

Theroc

First Post
"Well then, you are an indeed strange creature Pyre. I thank you for your patience, my curiosity is satisfied. Oh, another question: Why don't you go with Angrboda and the others? I can tell you want to. You really want to go."

Pyre would have blinked were he able. "You are as strange to me as I am to you, Metliz. Though, most of the others have a... counterpart. I seem to lack one." He observed, before Seshani's 'familiar' appeared.

"Do not be worrying, Pyre. Eating and drinking and sleeping are not so great, though pleasant to try once in a while. Frankly much of what these people must do is gross, yes? A waste of time. Such things, we do not need. Displaced we are, but no less normal. In fact, better! I must take you, yes, to see City of Brass someday.....love it, Hassad thinks you will, sayyid."

"City... of Brass?" Pyre's voice piqued in curious confusion as the being spoke. "I have not yet found much to occupy my time that would interfere much with sleep or consumption, though I am thankful I need not urinate. It does not seem to provide any real pleasure or function..."

Remove ads