Goliath Warden Build Help

Thatwackyned

First Post
How is this done?

Thunder Ram Assault (PHB 2)

Ok, I wasn't sold on this power, but now I am. With a Controlling weapon you can swap a push/pull for a slide. This means you can bring one guy to you and push the others away, thus isolating the enemy from his allies, while simultaneously surrounding the poor bastard with your allies.

Sanzuo

First Post
How is this done?

Thunder Ram Assault (PHB 2)

Ok, I wasn't sold on this power, but now I am. With a Controlling weapon you can swap a push/pull for a slide. This means you can bring one guy to you and push the others away, thus isolating the enemy from his allies, while simultaneously surrounding the poor bastard with your allies.

As a warden I don't really like any push effects at all, since you basically want enemies on all sides of you giving them as much incentive to attack you as possible. You are literally a meat shield with your hit points and bonus saving throw at the beginning of the turn, so one of your best abilities (if not the best) is getting hit and liking it.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
I have found that much of the bread-and-butter of getting rid of opponents in 4E relies on push effects (less on pull and slides are always better, but harder to get). A good DM puts in lots of terrain features to make use of, so pushes help.

Additionally, my warder has used pushes to drive opponents away from the wizard and cleric, who tend to be at the rear of the party. My warden is usually 6 to 10 suqares in front of the wizard, so driving the enemies further away ensures that the wizard won't see a melee attack for a while. Also, with push I can knock opponents back into the wizard's cloud and other zone effects.

Sanzuo

First Post
Is Gail Strike a better encounter power than Thundering Ram Assult? I'm an Earth strength Warden.

I think Gale Strike is absolutely a better power. Since your Nature's Wrath mark lasts until the end of your next turn you can potentially have two groups of enemies marked before you use this power, dealing decent damage to a group of enemies and even auto-killing minions when the power hits. Since you're Earthstrength you have a good constitution.

Personally, I retrained to Roots of Stone. It's a burst, which I like, and it gives good incentive for the enemies to stay next to you.

Sanzuo

First Post
Huh, if you're a D&Di subscriber you should be able to see it.

Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage, and each enemy marked by you, other than the target, takes damage equal to your Constitution modifier.
Stormheart: You also slide each enemy marked by you 1 square.
First published in Primal Power.

Remove ads