Divine Guidance

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Someone pointed out to me that I may have been using Divine Guidance (the avenger ability to let an ally reroll) incorrectly.

I've been using it whenever an ally misses my OoE target to give them another chance but apparently I'm supposed to do this before they roll.

Who's right?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I can understand how someone could have the interpretation that it occurs before the roll since the attack roll is the trigger.

However, I don't think that's how it works. I think it works after the roll. For example, in order for an immediate interrupt to interrupt a hit, the hit has to occur first.

By the same logic, in order for an immediate interrupt to interrupt an attack roll, the attack roll has to occur first.

The interpretation (or results) of the attack roll are interrupted, but the roll itself is not.

The interrupt itself does not remove the trigger that interrupts it. It only does so if the interrupt is successful and states that it does. But, the trigger itself has to occur in order for the interrupt to fire off.

mneme

Explorer
However, I don't think that's how it works. I think it works after the roll. For example, in order for an immediate interrupt to interrupt a hit, the hit has to occur first.

++

Yes, that's how I play it, and yes, it's very strong. But that's OK -- particularly, since it actually makes it an -interesting- choice whether make an Avenger of Tempus (and get a better CD -- only, not -that- much better, since the reroll is so good), and avenger of a deity of skill (and get a big upgrade on basic attacks), or whatnot.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
The Tempus CD isn't that great. I'd rather a companion get two rolls on a big hitting/effect daily or encounter power than it. The Strength domain is great IMO at lower levels because you're using Overwhelming Strike with a Pursuit Avenger so much.

I lament the Skill Domain being the best option and it is, by a long shot, but who wants to have an Avenger of Sune or Oghma? Sigh.

Akaiku

First Post
I lament the Skill Domain being the best option and it is, by a long shot, but who wants to have an Avenger of Sune or Oghma? Sigh.

Sometimes, you can re-flavor god choices.

For some reason, that is more unlikely than any other re-flavoring I've ran across.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Sometimes, you can re-flavor god choices.

For some reason, that is more unlikely than any other re-flavoring I've ran across.

Most of the games I play these days are LFR and they don't allow aspects or pantheons. The Skill Domain is one of the best, if not the best, feat an avenger can get. And given one can easily justify a god like Tempus requiring an avenger to be a highly skilled combatant who focuses on the challenge of battle and honing their skills in conflict, it's a tad frustrating to not be allowed to use it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases