Playing Cards, Tarot Style

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
I know classic card games aren't one of the listed topics for this forum, but screw it, I want help!

I have a deck of tarot cards, beautifully illustrated in the art nouveau style. I only use them occasionally to fortune-charm one of the fairer sex, but I'd like to show them off more often. To that end, I want to create a unique game I can play with them.* I like rummy, blackjack/21, BS and other games that require attention and thought and don't involve sudden slapping motions that might damage my babies. *cough* I mean, cards. Right now I'm thinking of a rummy-type game, where major arcanas are conditional wild cards (can act as any numbered card of half its own value), but I want the game to have some unique dynamic to make it memorable. I'd like each of the four suits to interact with one of the others somehow, but I haven't thought of anything interesting.

Any ideas?

*Incidentally, someone once told me that playing cards were originally used to tell fortunes while tarot cards were originally used to play games. I don't know whether it's true but I think it's an interesting bit of rumor/trivia.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases