Second Darkness [Pathfinder] IC

jkason

First Post
Nakeb Gutterik, dwarven ranger

Astrid looks the dwarf over carefully before replying.

"I might know something . . . but I'd need to know who's asking and for what purpose. I'd not like to be pointing folks to the likes of Angvar's gang only to find out they've taken it over and I have to fight them as well."

Nakeb smiles. "I'm Nakeb, this is Lyra, and the last thing I want is having to run a gang. Truth to tell, I sort of miss my caves. But anyway, for now we're working for Saul Vancaskerkin. Looks like Angvar decided he wanted a cut of Saul's tournament money, and we're trying to track back from the rabble we took care of down there earlier."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Another long, searching look, and then:

"Very well Nakeb, Lyra, nice to meet you. I'm Astrid and this is Quenilias. We've been sort of . . . at odds . . . with Angvar's gang for a little while now. You're looking for the wrong person. Angvar is the gang leader, sure enough, but you captured him (OOC: her? I can't remember for sure and don't have time to look right now) in the fight at Saul's. I don't know who hired him and his gang for the burglary, but that's the sot you want to find, I think."

jkason

First Post

Another long, searching look, and then:

"Very well Nakeb, Lyra, nice to meet you. I'm Astrid and this is Quenilias. We've been sort of . . . at odds . . . with Angvar's gang for a little while now. You're looking for the wrong person. Angvar is the gang leader, sure enough, but you captured him (OOC: her? I can't remember for sure and don't have time to look right now) in the fight at Saul's. I don't know who hired him and his gang for the burglary, but that's the sot you want to find, I think."

"Word travels fast," Nakeb says. "Well, yeah, we have Angvar, but we couldn't get any kind of name out of him, so it was the only one we had ta drop. You're right, though, we're trying to figure out who hired him, move up the chain as it were.

"There's more of us downstairs,"
he says, nodding in the direction of the stairs. "But since we didn't know anything about you, thought it best if only a few came up. Maybe you two'd like to meet the others?"

Leif

Adventurer
Quenilias Sorfenais, Elf Cleric2 of Cayden Cailean, AC:20, hp:14

Astrid looks to her companion at Nakeb's query. "Well, Quen? Sounds like they're on the right side after all . . . shall we meet the rest?"
"I shall trust your judgment in this matter, my dear Astrid." But he adds in elvish, speaking softly so that only Astrid can hear, "Let us remain wary of them until they have proven themselves by actions rather than mere words, though." Quen re-seats his rapier in its sheath.

jkason

First Post

Nakeb brushes his hands off and grins.

"Right this way, then," he says. "We'll just have to leave this ... er, lovely setting and head on downstairs."

Barring objections, the lanky dwarf leads the new folk and Lyra back to the party.

Leif

Adventurer
Quenilias Sorfenais, Elf Cleric2 of Cayden Cailean, AC:20, hp:14

Quen will, likewise, follow along with the group.

jkason

First Post

Moving down the stairs, Nakeb leads the small group back to the party's table.

"Folks, we have ourselves and Astrid," he says, indicating her, "Along with a bonus patron: Quenilias. Now, let's get something more to drink and see what there is to learn, yeah?"

((OOC: Since I'm not entirely sure which characters are active and which are being moved about by others, I figured I'd just let folks introduce themselves and / or use this as the opportunity for the leaving characters that are just being puppeted to take their leave.))

Remove ads