Things I'd Like to see for PFRPG

Sylrae

First Post
I like paizo alot, and I have abandoned WotC because I've decided I don't like 4e, or how they killed FR (part 2 would have just made me stop buying FR products). Why I do or don't like 4e is not the purpose of this thread, however, the point is that I now buy almost everything from Paizo (with a small amount of White Wolf and 3rd party OGL stuff).
That said, I have alot of pathfinder path books and the PFRPG rules and Bestiary.
That being said, there are a number of things I would like to see from Paizo at some point, and maybe if they see these, they may say to themselves: "Hmm that might be a good Idea! Lets make it!". Then I can spend my money buying them. :)

Below are a list of things I would LOVE to have paizo put out.

Some of them are things I feel I need enough that I've been making bits and pieces of them myself as I need them for my home games.

Setting Neutral
1. > A Steampunk book: give me gadget making, and airships, and rules for building robot constructs, and a techmage of some sort, and base and prestige classes matching the concept, and firearms no newer than the revolver (Flintlocks are very nice).
OGL Steampunk (3.0) by Mongoose Press is the best one I've seen, but it was still lacking in alot of ways and I think that the nice people at Paizo could do better.
2. > I'd like a monstrous characters book, but I have savage species, and it was a disappointment. I'd say a PF one would be good, but it would all depend on how they approached it. Unless they were set up in a way like Arcana Evolved Races (or World of Warcraft RPG races). I'd be looking for everything from lizardfolk to djinn to solars (everything with hands, and an int higher than 6, basically). I'd also be interested in similarly done templates, with templates ranging from no level change, through template levels until you have the whole template. I'd be willing to get it in periodic installments too, but I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't done right.
3. > Numbers PDF: Something like UK's CR rules, for how you did things in pathfinder. A book explaining why you designed things the way you did, with numbers weighing the value of things to explain what theyre worth, and that sort of thing. I'd especially like some kind of feat-point system, wherein less valuable feats are assigned smaller point costs, and more valuable feats more point costs, so if you take a less powerful feat, you'll have extra points when you go to take your next feat.
4. > Animals: Monster Manuals, possibly just 32 or 64 page installments, with animals in them. Maybe sort them by climate. I know some were in the bestiary, but there were alot that were not. I ran a game last week and needed a viper, and had to search for my 3.5e MM after realizing there were no medium vipers in the Bestiary. But I'd love a 32 page book of different wild cats, from bobcats to tigers to smilodon. Another one on dinosaurs. Another one on domesticated animals (3-4 dog breeds, etc). Apes, Herd animals, whatever. Situations come up where animals are useful.
I'd prefer the animals separate from the monsters, honestly. I don't want to wade through animals to find monsters. Likewise I don't want to wade through monsters when I need a Rhino. Feel free to include dire animals with regular animals, theyre close enough. Or things like blink dogs, winter wolves, wargs, shadow mastiffs, Or 15 foot spiders. That's fine. Just separate them from trolls and demons and whatnot.

Golarion Specific
1. > Adventure Paths & Other Setting-Specific Crunch Details updated to PFRPG (Would save me a hell of alot of work, even just as errata documents, I'd appreciate just stat blocks updated for NPCs and Monsters)
~Yes I can do it myself, but a Level 6 NPC takes me like, 4-5 hours, if you count the document formatting, and the time it takes to update.
So Far I've done Lavender Lil. We're running Second Darkness. As mentioned, it would save me alot of prep work.
3. > Adventure Path Creature Folios. Like the Map Folios. Put each NPC or Monster on it's own page, separate from the modules, with the same pretty picture, the same fluff, but the crunch in the PFRPG ruleset not in 3.5e. Don't put multiple monsters on the same page, or multiple non-generic NPCs on the same page. Riddleport thief and Riddleport thug can obviously be the same page.
2. > Monsters of Golarion: Just the occasional 32 or 64 page issue filled with the monsters from adventure paths and modules.
3. > Traits: It would be nice if they weren't so spread out and hard to find. It's like, every book has one or two, which, while it works for adventure path specific ones, the more generic ones, or the racial ones or religious ones, etc, would be nice to have together. Saves me from either listing the pages/books or compiling them myself.
4. > Something I'd love that isnt likely to happen:
Encyclopaedia Golarionica: A "Campaign Setting", with all the detailed information from basically everything you guys published, from creatures, to important living NPCs, to All the Detailed cities, to Country and racial stuff, to gods and planes, basically everything except for the actual plots, though have a history of Golarion timeline which lists important events from the adventure paths and such (as well as novels if you do novels).
Yes, I want the big 2000 Page Golarion Bible (when there is enough stuff to put in it). I'm aware that it would likely cost 200+ Dollars. If you make it, I will buy it. If you make it as a website/computer program, I will use it/buy it. If you have a PDF, I'll get the pdf, but if I paid 200+ $ for the hardcopy (which I would cause I'm like that) I'd want a key in the book to get a pdf(charge a lil extra and basically give the pdf away to people who bought the hardcover, make each key attach to a user account)) to

(I'd buy an FR one, or Ravenloft too if it covered 1e, 2e and stopped at the end of 3.5e ~ lol) > but Hasbro isn't going to do that one.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases