3.5E Nehaschimic Dragons

I don't know, I'd feel wrong ascribing an alignment to any of my Eternals, their actions and idealogies are simply beyond such things. For example, Eriahim, my creator-demiurge, is a wellspring of chaos and savagery in the void, obliterating nothingness with existence, attempting to smother death by giving rise to life. I see nothing Good, Evil, or even Neutral in his actions. He simply is;

Well, then yes, he should probably be unaligned (though that description could fit Chaotic Neutral too).

But I don't want that to be a "rule" for Eternals in general -- I have a currently-Demiurge/formerly-High Lord who is pretty clearly Chaotic, and another Demiurge who is definitely Lawful. (Yes, there probably shouldn't be two Demiurges in one multiverse, but they're two divisions of the same Time/High Lord, and it's not a "natural" situation anyway - being due to an insanely powerful epic spell ritual cast by millions of Time Lords.) I'll post more of this on the "Great Wall is Broken" thread when my RL calms down a bit.

Belzamus

First Post
Well, then yes, he should probably be unaligned (though that description could fit Chaotic Neutral too).

But I don't want that to be a "rule" for Eternals in general -- I have a currently-Demiurge/formerly-High Lord who is pretty clearly Chaotic, and another Demiurge who is definitely Lawful. (Yes, there probably shouldn't be two Demiurges in one multiverse, but they're two divisions of the same Time/High Lord, and it's not a "natural" situation anyway - being due to an insanely powerful epic spell ritual cast by millions of Time Lords.) I'll post more of this on the "Great Wall is Broken" thread when my RL calms down a bit.

I'm interested in seeing the mentality of an aligned Demiurge. I figured it would just logically follow that since Sidereals are embodiments of alignment, anything above them would also be above alignment.

I'm not saying you're wrong at all, though. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. :)

Oh, and I've never been one myself to play by UK's cosmic delineations. I mold the templates to fit my setting and they work great. I have two demiurge in mine, along with a Time Lord and his demiurge-equivanlent avatar, and 4 First Ones who can stand toe-to-toe with weaker demiurge.

I'm interested in seeing the mentality of an aligned Demiurge. I figured it would just logically follow that since Sidereals are embodiments of alignment, anything above them would also be above alignment.

In the 'standard' cosmology that is probably true -- but Teteoinnan is too closely based on myths of primal Chaos and primeval chaos-monsters for her to be anything but Chaotic. The other Demiurge (Kadmon) is her opposite and her guard, and the organizer of the universe, and is thus too order-aspected to be anything but Lawful.

In addition to the 2 Demiurges there are 4 First Ones (Cipactli and Quatahin, Axos and Kalanas) - two 'related' to each Demiurge; all are at least semidormant. Below that level it is much less organized.

In the 'core' part (where campaigns would happen, at least until the PCs got to really high divine levels) there is only one active Sidereal, the Sun -- he keeps away other Sidereals by being too dangerous to face. He's an Old One technically, but he has been empowered by *both* Demiurges (the only being in all history to gain the favor of both the cosmic opposites) and is thus generally above his weight class due to lots of extra Cosmics (and a Transcendental or two) granted by the two stacked 'Chosen of the Demiurge' templates.

Every other active being in the 'core' world is Greater Deity or below. If the First One (Cipactli) who *is* the Material Plane ever woke up, though, it would be bad...

paradox42

First Post
Also what thread is the Brane Dragon in?
The Brane Dragon and Starshadow Dragon (the one Adamic I've created to date) can both be found in the "Design an Epic Monster" competition thread, fairly close to one another. In the same thread you can also find Alzrius's Superior Half-Dragon template, which uses them in addition to all the dragons in the Epic Bestiary. He may or may not have updated the template on his own to take into account the two Nehaschimics that were my reason for starting this thread; if he has, he's kept the changes under wraps so far (as far as I know).

If I do make my own versions of the missing Adamic Dragons (Lunar, Solar, Stellar, and Terrestrial) I'm inclined to make a new thread for them, since they're not Nehaschimic as this thread's title would otherwise suggest.

There was one super-dragon idea I had which has not yet been turned into a completed monster, that being a Superstring Dragon. I started to make one during the Epic Monster competition, but never finished it. If I do, I'll probably post it here shortly afterward, since I was going with a suggestion UK had made for it (making it nehaschimic but from a micro-universe). Partly for my own edification and partly for people who haven't been reading this forum for years as some of us have, here's a serious blast from the past from before we even had a working version of Ascension to look at and all that existed was the Bestiary. The post linked to there is the one where UK made the suggestion regarding the Superstring Dragon. The "Quantum" Dragon mentioned in that post of course became the Starshadow Dragon, and the Brane Dragon kept that name but added Firmament as its primary title.

Last edited:

Hi guys! :)

Brainstorming again recently after seeing a very interesting documentary about black holes and so forth. Came up with an idea that I might incorporate into 4E, specifically regarding a rejigged tier making Space Dragons all 'star' based.

What struck me was that the more dense a star, the smaller it is, and how neatly those sizes parallel my simplified 4E size guidelines.

For instance...

1. Nebula sized...Hypergiant (or Nebula itself I suppose)
2. Star sized...Typical Star
3. Planet sized...White Dwarf (or various dwarf star variants), which is essentially orichalcum
4. Mountain sized...Neutron Star/Pulsar
5. Castle sized...Quark Star
6. Standard size...Preon Star
7. Special size...Black Hole

paradox42

First Post
Just to let readers know, I have now added adventure ideas to the Singularity and Quasar Dragon posts. Of course, if anybody else has adventure ideas, feel free to share them!

paradox42

First Post
After typing in that previous post about the fact that the Superstring Dragon was started but never finished, I went back to my old notes to revisit the beast and see what needed doing. As it turns out, my biggest problem at the time- and this time around- was the breath weapon; I had the basic "hook" for it already and so once I had the breath I could proceed with plugging in the actual numbers. But you people aren't really interested in the background details of what I did to make this, are you? Enough chatter- enjoy the

Mirrorwarp Dragon
Superstring Dragon

Dragon (Extraplanar)
Environment: Any (usually deep space)
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 320; Very Young 344; Young 368; Juvenile 392; Young Adult 416; Adult 440; Mature Adult 464; Old 488; Very Old 512; Ancient 536; Wyrm 560; Great Wyrm 584
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: Wyrmling 321-343 HD (Macro-Diminutive); Very Young 345-367 HD (Macro-Diminutive); Young 369-391 HD (Macro-Diminutive); Juvenile 393-415 HD (Macro-Diminutive); Young Adult 417-439 HD (Macro-Diminutive); Adult 441-463 HD (Macro-Diminutive); Mature Adult 465-487 HD (Macro-Diminutive); Old 489-511 HD (Macro-Diminutive); Very Old 513-535 HD (Macro-Tiny); Ancient 537-559 HD (Macro-Tiny); Wyrm 561-583 HD (Macro-Tiny); Great Wyrm 585-607 HD (Macro-Tiny); Great-Great Wyrm 608-631 HD (Macro-Tiny)
Level Adjustment: Wyrmling +160; Very Young +172; Young +184; Juvenile +196; Young Adult +208; Adult +220; Mature Adult +232; Old +244; Very Old +256; Ancient +268; Wyrm +280; Great Wyrm +292

At first the creature is apparently just a distortion of the sky behind it, but as you approach you notice that in fact you were seeing a distortion of the sky behind you: the creature's scales are almost perfectly reflective. It seems to be an enormous snake or dragon, with a mouth and head that look too big for its body, which sports six vast wings arranged in radial fashion. But getting still closer, you notice that the tail is a true oddity, seemingly getting smaller like some version of trick perspective until it vanishes in a point- because surely this creature can't be infinite in size. Can it? But then it continues to grow larger, even after you first stop your drift towards it, and then pull away: somehow it is still approaching! Or growing! Or maybe you are somehow shrinking now! Maybe it is a nightmarish combination of all three...

<table style="font-size: small;" title="Mirrorwarp Dragons By Age" border="1"><tbody><tr><th colspan="11" align="left">Mirrorwarp Dragons By Age</th></tr><tr><th align="left" valign="bottom">Age</th><th valign="bottom">Size</th><th align="left" valign="bottom">Hit Dice (hit points)</th><th align="left" valign="bottom">AC</th><th valign="bottom">Base Attack/Grapple</th><th valign="bottom">Attack</th><th valign="bottom">Fort Save</th><th valign="bottom">Ref Save</th><th valign="bottom">Will Save</th><th align="left" valign="bottom">Breath Weapon</th><th valign="bottom">Mind Warp DC</th></tr><tr><td valign="top">Wyrmling</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-D</td><td valign="top">320d1000+4,800 (324,800 hp)</td><td valign="top">473 (-64 size, +80 deflection, +64 gravitic mastery, +64 luck, +319 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+320/
+512</td><td align="center" valign="top">+420</td><td align="center" valign="top">+305</td><td align="center" valign="top">+290</td><td align="center" valign="top">+370</td><td valign="top">1 copy (DC 303)</td><td align="center" valign="top">378</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Very Young</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-D</td><td valign="top">344d1000+7,224 (351,224 hp)</td><td valign="top">535 (-64 size, +86 deflection, +80 gravitic mastery, +80 luck, +343 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+344/
+572</td><td align="center" valign="top">+480</td><td align="center" valign="top">+355</td><td align="center" valign="top">+334</td><td align="center" valign="top">+418</td><td valign="top">1 copy (DC 353)</td><td align="center" valign="top">428</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Young</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-D</td><td valign="top">368d1000+9,936 (377,936 hp)</td><td valign="top">597 (-64 size, +92 deflection, +96 gravitic mastery, +96 luck, +367 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+368/
+632</td><td align="center" valign="top">+540</td><td align="center" valign="top">+405</td><td align="center" valign="top">+378</td><td align="center" valign="top">+466</td><td valign="top">2 copies (DC 403)</td><td align="center" valign="top">478</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Juvenile</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-D</td><td valign="top">392d1000+12,936 (404,936 hp)</td><td valign="top">659 (-64 size, +98 deflection, +112 gravitic mastery, +112 luck, +391 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+392/
+692</td><td align="center" valign="top">+600</td><td align="center" valign="top">+455</td><td align="center" valign="top">+422</td><td align="center" valign="top">+514</td><td valign="top">2 copies (DC 453)</td><td align="center" valign="top">528</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Young Adult</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-D</td><td valign="top">416d1000+16,224 (432,224 hp)</td><td valign="top">721 (-64 size, +104 deflection, +128 gravitic mastery, +128 luck, +415 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+416/
+752</td><td align="center" valign="top">+660</td><td align="center" valign="top">+505</td><td align="center" valign="top">+466</td><td align="center" valign="top">+562</td><td valign="top">3 copies (DC 503)</td><td align="center" valign="top">578</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Adult</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-D</td><td valign="top">440d1000+19,800 (459,800 hp)</td><td valign="top">783 (-64 size, +110 deflection, +144 gravitic mastery, +144 luck, +439 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+440/
+812</td><td align="center" valign="top">+720</td><td align="center" valign="top">+555</td><td align="center" valign="top">+510</td><td align="center" valign="top">+610</td><td valign="top">3 copies (DC 553)</td><td align="center" valign="top">628</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Mature Adult</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-D</td><td valign="top">464d1000+23,664 (487,664 hp)</td><td valign="top">845 (-64 size, +116 deflection, +160 gravitic mastery, +160 luck, +463 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+464/
+872</td><td align="center" valign="top">+780</td><td align="center" valign="top">+605</td><td align="center" valign="top">+554</td><td align="center" valign="top">+658</td><td valign="top">4 copies (DC 603)</td><td align="center" valign="top">678</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Old</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-D</td><td valign="top">488d1000+27,816 (515,816 hp)</td><td valign="top">907 (-64 size, +122 deflection, +176 gravitic mastery, +176 luck, +487 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+488/
+932</td><td align="center" valign="top">+840</td><td align="center" valign="top">+655</td><td align="center" valign="top">+598</td><td align="center" valign="top">+706</td><td valign="top">4 copies (DC 653)</td><td align="center" valign="top">728</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Very Old</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-T</td><td valign="top">512d1000+32,256 (544,256 hp)</td><td valign="top">905 (-128 size, +128 deflection, +192 gravitic mastery, +192 luck, +511 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+512/
+996</td><td align="center" valign="top">+836</td><td align="center" valign="top">+705</td><td align="center" valign="top">+642</td><td align="center" valign="top">+754</td><td valign="top">5 copies (DC 703)</td><td align="center" valign="top">778</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Ancient</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-T</td><td valign="top">536d1000+36,984 (572,984 hp)</td><td valign="top">967 (-128 size, +134 deflection, +208 gravitic mastery, +208 luck, +535 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+536/
+1056</td><td align="center" valign="top">+896</td><td align="center" valign="top">+755</td><td align="center" valign="top">+686</td><td align="center" valign="top">+802</td><td valign="top">5 copies (DC 753)</td><td align="center" valign="top">828</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Wyrm</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-T</td><td valign="top">560d1000+42,000 (602,000 hp)</td><td valign="top">1029 (-128 size, +140 deflection, +224 gravitic mastery, +224 luck, +559 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+560/
+1116</td><td align="center" valign="top">+956</td><td align="center" valign="top">+805</td><td align="center" valign="top">+730</td><td align="center" valign="top">+850</td><td valign="top">6 copies (DC 803)</td><td align="center" valign="top">878</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Great Wyrm</td><td align="center" valign="top">Ma-T</td><td valign="top">584d1000+47,304 (631,304 hp)</td><td valign="top">1091 (-128 size, +146 deflection, +240 gravitic mastery, +240 luck, +583 natural)</td><td align="center" valign="top">+584/
+1176</td><td align="center" valign="top">+1016</td><td align="center" valign="top">+855</td><td align="center" valign="top">+774</td><td align="center" valign="top">+898</td><td valign="top">6 copies (DC 853)</td><td align="center" valign="top">928</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

paradox42

First Post
<table style="font-size: small;" title="Mirrorwarp Dragon Abilities By Age" border="1"><tbody><tr><th colspan="12" align="left">Mirrorwarp Dragon Abilities By Age</th></tr><tr><th align="left" valign="bottom">Age</th><th align="left" valign="bottom">Speed</th><th valign="bottom">STR</th><th valign="bottom">DEX</th><th valign="bottom">CON</th><th valign="bottom">INT</th><th valign="bottom">WIS</th><th valign="bottom">CHA</th><th align="left" valign="bottom">Special Abilities</th><th valign="bottom">Damage Reduction</th><th valign="bottom">Caster Level</th><th valign="bottom">SR</th></tr><tr><td valign="top">Wyrmling</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">82</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">40</td><td align="center" valign="top">170</td><td align="center" valign="top">171</td><td align="center" valign="top">170</td><td valign="top">Alter Reality, Extradimensional, Gravitic Mastery, Luck, Mind Warp, Paradox, Replicate, Supremacy</td><td align="center" valign="top">320/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">288th</td><td align="center" valign="top">458</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Very Young</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">90</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">52</td><td align="center" valign="top">178</td><td align="center" valign="top">179</td><td align="center" valign="top">182</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="center" valign="top">340/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">332nd</td><td align="center" valign="top">514</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Young</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">98</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">64</td><td align="center" valign="top">186</td><td align="center" valign="top">187</td><td align="center" valign="top">194</td><td valign="top">1 total Virtual Size Category</td><td align="center" valign="top">365/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">376th</td><td align="center" valign="top">570</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Juvenile</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">106</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">76</td><td align="center" valign="top">194</td><td align="center" valign="top">195</td><td align="center" valign="top">206</td><td valign="top">1 total Virtual Size Category</td><td align="center" valign="top">390/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">420th</td><td align="center" valign="top">626</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Young Adult</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">114</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">88</td><td align="center" valign="top">202</td><td align="center" valign="top">203</td><td align="center" valign="top">218</td><td valign="top">2 total Virtual Size Categories</td><td align="center" valign="top">415/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">464th</td><td align="center" valign="top">682</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Adult</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">122</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">100</td><td align="center" valign="top">210</td><td align="center" valign="top">211</td><td align="center" valign="top">230</td><td valign="top">2 total Virtual Size Categories</td><td align="center" valign="top">440/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">508th</td><td align="center" valign="top">738</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Mature Adult</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">130</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">112</td><td align="center" valign="top">218</td><td align="center" valign="top">219</td><td align="center" valign="top">242</td><td valign="top">3 total Virtual Size Categories</td><td align="center" valign="top">460/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">552nd</td><td align="center" valign="top">794</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Old</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">138</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">124</td><td align="center" valign="top">226</td><td align="center" valign="top">227</td><td align="center" valign="top">254</td><td valign="top">3 total Virtual Size Categories</td><td align="center" valign="top">485/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">596th</td><td align="center" valign="top">850</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Very Old</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">146</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">136</td><td align="center" valign="top">234</td><td align="center" valign="top">235</td><td align="center" valign="top">266</td><td valign="top">3 total Virtual Size Categories</td><td align="center" valign="top">510/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">640th</td><td align="center" valign="top">906</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Ancient</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">154</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">148</td><td align="center" valign="top">242</td><td align="center" valign="top">243</td><td align="center" valign="top">278</td><td valign="top">4 total Virtual Size Categories</td><td align="center" valign="top">535/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">684th</td><td align="center" valign="top">962</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Wyrm</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">162</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">160</td><td align="center" valign="top">250</td><td align="center" valign="top">251</td><td align="center" valign="top">290</td><td valign="top">4 total Virtual Size Categories</td><td align="center" valign="top">560/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">728th</td><td align="center" valign="top">1018</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">Great Wyrm</td><td valign="top">Superluminal</td><td align="center" valign="top">170</td><td align="center" valign="top">10</td><td align="center" valign="top">172</td><td align="center" valign="top">258</td><td align="center" valign="top">259</td><td align="center" valign="top">302</td><td valign="top">5 total Virtual Size Categories</td><td align="center" valign="top">580/natural</td><td align="center" valign="top">772nd</td><td align="center" valign="top">1074</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mirrorwarp Dragons live between universes that relate to each other by means of ancestry: they leave one host universe and burrow their way into the child universes of that host, working their way in between Space and Matter. They then continue their life processes by exchanging matter and energy between the parent and the child, eventually laying eggs in the child universe which eventually hatch and burrow their way into that universe's children to continue the cycle. To the Time Lords, they are vermin similar to barnacles or viruses; to inhabitants of the affected universes, they are something altogether different and more terrifying.

Within a universe it is presently infesting, a Mirrorwarp Dragon appears to be rising from some infinitely deep hole or well in nothingness, growing from out of something far too small to see into a bloated monster of tremendous size (and continuing to grow as it is observed, thanks to its Extra-Dimensional ability). Mirrorwarp Dragons can actually see the deepest, most fundamental particles which comprise any given form they encounter, since they themselves exist on that same level in a way, and they take advantage of this to create the havoc they do. Though relatively small and weak by the standards of nehaschimic dragons, Mirrorwarp Dragons have unique abilities allowing them to turn the powers of those who oppose them back upon those opponents, and are accordingly not to be trifled with.

Combat
Mirrorwarp Dragons are typically very cautious opponents, gathering as much information as possible on a given enemy before actually entering combat. A dragon's first move in any combat is nearly always using its Paradox ability on the most dangerous-looking opponent; most Mirrorwarp Dragons spend feat slots on greater abilities such as Seventh Sense or Eighth Sense so as to bypass attempts to disguise which opponent (in a group such as a party of PCs) is actually the most dangerous one. Combining these future-sense abilities with Replicate also allows the dragon the opportunity to copy abilities the opponents haven't even used yet, which means it may start a combat by using the enemy's most dangerous power against it before it even has the chance to use that same ability on the dragon. Mirrorwarp Dragons typically have the same ultimate goal (in combat) that other nehaschimic dragon types do; that is, they fight as a delaying tactic until their Extra-Dimensional granted virtual size categories render the enemy irrelevant.

Alter Reality (Su): Mirrorwarp Dragons can manipulate matter and energy at the smallest, most fundamental level, and know exactly how to structure those changes in fundamentals to cause greater changes at macroscopic levels of reality. Once per round, as a free action, a Mirrorwarp Dragon can duplicate any spell of a level equal to or less than its number of Automatic Metamagic Capacity feats + 9. This ability can even duplicate Epic spells of a DC up to the dragon's Spellcraft skill modifier + 20.

Breath Weapon (Su): A Mirrorwarp Dragon's breath weapon is a line of fundamental particles in an indeterminate state, which react with the auras of the dragon's opponents in such a manner as to produce the strongest effect from those auras upon the entities generating them. In other words, the breath weapon effectively turns each opponent's most powerful attack upon the opponent itself. For the purposes of this breath weapon, "most powerful attack" means the one capable of producing the most damage, in theory, if absolutely all the dice fall exactly the right way, and if the attack were to be used upon the opponent rather than by the opponent. The attack is assumed to hit with the best possible rolls, so that effects such as possible decapitation by a Vorpal Sword are automatically brought to bear. This need not mean hit point damage necessarily, but usually will. Furthermore, as a Mirrorwarp Dragon ages, it produces more of these particles in its breath weapon, allowing it to force an opponent to experience its own worst attack more times (as indicated on the table). A victim of this breath weapon is allowed a Will save (rather than Reflex) to avoid its full effect; if the save succeeds, then each "attack copy" is rolled normally instead of being automatically maximized (as well as being treated as though it simply hit with an average successful roll rather than the best possible one- in other words, not a critical nor bringing extras like Vorpal into play). If an opponent has no damaging attacks, then this breath weapon creates (for each "attack copy") an effect dealing 1d10 hit points of divine damage per hit die of the opponent.

As examples of this in action, a spellcasting opponent whose best spell is an Epic spell called Megaton (a stronger Kiloton which Disintegrates victims within 1300 feet, deals 120d6 Fire damage and 180d6 blast damage, as well as 18 points of damage each to STR, DEX, and CON) would be treated as if standing at the epicenter of a Megaton explosion, if the save against the dragon's breath fails, as well as taking maximum damage (720 Fire, 1080 blast). If the save against the dragon's breath succeeds, then the damage for the Fire and blast portions is rolled normally. (In either case, the immortal rolls a save vs. disintegration normally.) By contrast, that spellcaster's fighting ally deals his best damage with his Macro-Small Vorpal Universal Energy Blast Orichalcum Greatsword: since he has Unearthly Weapon Specialization, Perfect Weapon Specialization, and Perfect Critical Multiplier, his best possible hit deals 115,200 slashing damage, 648 Acid, 648 Cold, 648 Electricity, 648 Fire, and 648 Sonic damage, decapitates the target if it has a head to cut off, and adds his STR bonus damage to that. If he fails the save against the Mirrorwarp Dragon's breath, all of the above effects hit him (possibly killing him if he isn't immune to decapitation). If he succeeds, the damage instead becomes 19,200 slashing, 108 each of the five energy types, and does not decapitate him.

Damage Reduction (Ex): A Mirrorwarp Dragon's Damage Reduction is only penetrated by natural weapons. No manufactured weapon (even something that just enhances a natural attack, such as a spiked cestus) can penetrate this Damage Reduction.

Extra-Dimensional (Ex): Starting after the first round it is encountered, a Mirrorwarp Dragon begins to expand to fill its opponents' perception of their universe. This bestows an additional Virtual Size Category each round on the dragon.

Energy Absorption (Ex): Mirrorwarp Dragons are healed by Cold-based attacks.

Energy Immunity (Ex): Mirrorwarp Dragons are immune to Electricity effects.

Energy Reflection (Ex): Mirrorwarp Dragons reflect Acid attacks.

Gravitic Mastery (Ex): Mirrorwarp Dragons have incredible control over gravity and other fundamental forces. A Mirrorwarp Dragon gains a gravitic mastery bonus to: armor class, attack rolls, checks (ability checks, caster level checks, skill checks, turning checks), difficulty class (for any special abilities, spell-like abilities, or spells), initiative, saving throws, and Spell Resistance. The value of this bonus is equal to 48 + 16/age category of the dragon.

Luck (Ex): A Mirrorwarp Dragon can control how the universe near it evolves from moment to moment by altering the trajectories of fundamental particles, changing the waveforms of energy pulses, and so on. A Mirrorwarp Dragon gains a luck bonus to: armor class, attack rolls, checks (ability checks, caster level checks, skill checks, turning checks), difficulty class (for any special abilities, spell-like abilities, or spells), initiative, saving throws, and Spell Resistance. The value of this bonus is equal to 48 + 16/age category of the dragon.

Mind Warp (Ex): A Mirrorwarp Dragon produces an aura of insanity-inducing rips in spacetime that extends to 2560 feet per age category. Creatures within this radius failing their Will saves against the listed DC go permanently insane, as their minds lose the ability to distinguish different objects or entities from one another.

Paradox (Su): As a standard action, a Mirrorwarp Dragon can use its ability to copy patterns in fundamental matter and energy to construct an exact duplicate of any one opponent within range of its senses. This works essentially like a Summon spell, except that the dragon's control over the duplicate opponent can not be stolen or broken, and it can only have one copied opponent active at any given time. If the copied opponent is killed or destroyed, or otherwise removed, the dragon can create another (even of the same opponent previously copied) on the next round, but while a copy exists the dragon cannot create another.

Replicate (Ex): Mirrorwarp Dragons use their ability to analyze and copy patterns in fundamental particles and energy pulses to duplicate the powers their opponents use against them. As an immediate action, a Mirrorwarp Dragon can copy any Cosmic or lesser ability that any creature within range of its senses uses; once it decides to copy an ability, the dragon can exactly duplicate that ability as if the original creature were using it (except that the dragon chooses any target or targets, as well as any "modal" choices such as what kind of curse to use). Once the dragon picks an ability to copy this way, it keeps the ability to use that copy until it decides to change which ability it's copying. A Wyrmling Mirrorwarp Dragon can copy only one ability at a time this way, but as the dragon ages it gains the ability to copy more. Each age category grants the dragon the ability to retain one more copied ability at a time, so a Mature Adult Mirrorwarp Dragon can keep up to seven copied abilities at a time.

Supremacy (Su): By copying its opponents' aura structures, a Mirrorwarp Dragon can actually duplicate the divine bonuses those opponents have (if any). Whenever an opponent comes within range of the dragon's Mind Warp ability, if the opponent has a higher divine bonus than the dragon, the dragon's own divine bonus is increased to match the opponent's. (Mirrorwarp Dragons do not normally have a divine bonus, so any creature with a divine bonus of any kind triggers this ability if no greater deities are near the dragon.) When the dragon gains a divine bonus this way, it is copying the opponent, not taking from it, so the opponent keeps its own divine bonus as normal.

Adventure Ideas:
Low-Cosmic: An advanced civilization appears in your cosmos, apparently out of nowhere; early investigation reveals that the beings are refugees from a threatened universe who entered yours along the path of a Mirrorwarp Dragon.

Mid-Cosmic: One of the PCs is accused of a crime he didn't commit, but while the party is in the process of dealing with that false accusation, another one arrives from a completely different source- proving that something out there is copying the PC in question (apparently in a deliberate attempt to cause trouble). Where has this "evil twin" come from, and how is the copy so exactly like the real PC in every detail (including even favorite powers, attacks, and spells)?

High Cosmic: A clan of Mirrorwarp Dragons chooses your star system as its new lair for laying and incubating eggs. The fact that this will shorten the lifespan of both the local sun and all of the local inhabited worlds doesn't seem to concern them much (if at all).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases