LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornedturtle

First Post
It's like 9.95 for one month, and I don't think I would use it enough to justify the 70 something for a year subscription. This is the only 4ed campaign I'm in.

Vertexx69

First Post
Ok if you crit while using an attack that does more than 1[W] (2[W], 3[W] etc.) with a magic weapon, do you get to roll the crit die for each 1[W] the attack does or just once?

example: Crack the Shell (2[W]) with a +1 Flaming warhammer (+1d6 fire on crit per plus). Would a crit do 20 (2d10) + 2d6 fire +2, or 20 (2d10) + 1d6 fire +2?

I'd say you roll the number written (1d6) per crit not per [W]. Higher level weapons do more damage. If you roll as you suggest with +3 weapon dealing +3d6 on crit with 3[W] attack you'd get +9d6 bonus which seems overkill esp with powers and class abilities with higher crit chance.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ok if you crit while using an attack that does more than 1[W] (2[W], 3[W] etc.) with a magic weapon, do you get to roll the crit die for each 1[W] the attack does or just once?
Nope. You maximize all the normal damage (so sneak attack die would get maximized) and then roll the given critical amount.

Another question: If warlock teleports using move action (ethereal stride) or eladrin uses fey step, does that count as movement for purposes of warlock shadow walk?

Vertexx69

First Post
I'd say you roll the number written (1d6) per crit not per [W]. Higher level weapons do more damage. If you roll as you suggest with +3 weapon dealing +3d6 on crit with 3[W] attack you'd get +9d6 bonus which seems overkill esp with powers and class abilities with higher crit chance.
Its not overkill when you come up against a wizard with 130hp and a 26 AC like we just did at lvl 4! :eek: When they have 400hp at lvl 8, and when we have a whopping 3 more magic items and 20 more hp? those kinds of extra dmg could be the difference between life and death or a 2 month long fight (which can kill almost any game) :p

EvolutionKB

First Post
Its not overkill when you come up against a wizard with 130hp and a 26 AC like we just did at lvl 4! :eek: When they have 400hp at lvl 8, and when we have a whopping 3 more magic items and 20 more hp? those kinds of extra dmg could be the difference between life and death or a 2 month long fight (which can kill almost any game) :p

I never said it would be easy! :D

Question: how does one track time in living worlds? If for example my character leaves for the race and returns to the tavern in the same day (but adventure takes 5 moths) and at the same time there are those who had 5 days (extended rests) in hack&slash adventure that also took 5 months...how does that synchronize?

and also, if one party does something withing the city (which I understand is undesireable, but still)...how do others know about it? and in which order things happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases