LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Question: how does one track time in living worlds? If for example my character leaves for the race and returns to the tavern in the same day (but adventure takes 5 moths) and at the same time there are those who had 5 days (extended rests) in hack&slash adventure that also took 5 months...how does that synchronize?

and also, if one party does something withing the city (which I understand is undesireable, but still)...how do others know about it? and in which order things happen?
Time is swept under the rug for the most part. Its pretty much near impossible to have anything reasonable when games take different times and go to different locations. Example: One game is currently set in the Marches (a good bit of travel). That means that it hasn't even "started" by the time the Race does.

Generally, big events will be reported IC in the Sharn Inquisitive and bragged/bemoaned about by players to other players in the Tavern or in the Discussion thread. What is considered "big" enough for the Inquisitor is usually up to the DM.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Personally, in LEW, I always have played that if an adventure was played in 5 months, my character was absent 5 month, even if the adventure itself took more or less (generally less).

Tell yourself that your character, unless being an adventure junkie, will probably want to relax between adventure, see family or girlfriend, see some show, do some business, etc...

stonegod

The main problem here comes with interacting timelines: Folks from two different addys enter the tavern at the same time. So, I tend to just sweep that under the run and ignore it. :)

renau1g

First Post
Here's a list of the outstanding PC's to be reviewed (if anyone wants to help out)

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Oh, I didn't even think that. Now I feel pretty silly. I still want to try and get in on it though it would be my first 4th Edition experience.

Enworld DOES have a 3.5 Living setting as well, though it is not the Eberron Setting, it's Enworld's own homebrew. LEW, you can find it among the Living World's. It generally does not allow the Complete series, but one may propose various specific things within certain parameters(which I can't recall)

It would be lovely to get more activity there, as it's been rather... DM starved.

stonegod

It generally does not allow the Complete series, but one may propose various specific things within certain parameters(which I can't recall)
You can only propose homebrew and OGL material in LEW; nothing closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads