LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Yes, the ability to ride would mainly be for RP/ visuals and to not need to have a stable of dinosaurs. In combat I imagine I would charge in on the mount, then do a flashy acrobatic dismount and we'd fight as normal.

For now I'm not sure I'll have the cash for a fasteith, since I have 3 weapons (Talenta tangat, off-hand shortsword, and boomerang) to upgrade. I'm building a ranged/ melee skirmisher with high STR and DEX. The good news is I can leave the boomerang non-magical for now and it will still return to hand. It looks like it will be a fun character.

Hello, and Happy New Year.
I'm new to these boards and I'm trying to create new character Drow Dark Warlock.

It's essentialy ready for approval request, I just need to type out his history...

I have a question: there is Eldritch Strike that uses weapon. There is Pact Blade enchantment with that blade serving as both implement and melee weapon.

The question is: can I tack on implement enchantment on pact blade. For example: there is bloodcurse ROD, 4th level item (base implement +2). There is pact blade, 3rd level item. Is it possible to have Bloodcurse DAGGER (pact blade) for implement by being 5th level (base pact blade +2)?

It would allow me both to have free utility power (I took Fast Hands for free switching) and to use another parcel (since 5th level would be level +4 at some point and I could use level +1 and level +2 for something else.

Right now, I took 3rd level gold parcel and purchased Talon amulet along with lowest level magical dagger I could (and I am still left at only 2gp - so just barely enough to avoid having non-magical dagger for Eldritch strike)

renau1g

First Post
First off, welcome to the boards and happy new year as well.

1) Fast Hands isn't availabe, unfortunately. Skill Powers from PHB3 are still in playtest, therefore aren't eligible skills
2) I'm not aware of any way to combine enchantments, however you can hold the rod in one hand and the dagger/blade in the other, so there shouldn't be anyhting stopping you from using them both

It's kind of powerplay from me: bloodcurse rod triggers my pact boon when I bloody an enemy and Darkspiral Rod deals aura level damage along with power damage...so, I'd like to have both attacking with one to pump the aura and then unleashing some area attack with another. If I have to change to dagger without such power then it's fairly useless implement since no synergy comes off it.

I'll still use it in case I get attacked, but no longer would I SEEK melee...

And it's too bad I have to change the power :( since I'll have two rods and a weapon. I'll do it tomorrow.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
- Pact Blade is in enchantment for light blades. You can't add another enchantment
- While you can have a rod in one hand and a dagger in the other, only one is the active "implement" (i.e., the one you can use powers from). Properties, however, can be used regardless (unless the property says something like "when using this implement").
- But, as you figures, you cannot be wielding two rods and a dagger at the same time.

Yes, I thought of that, but it was much better with simple at will :) I get to use an extra feat and utility powers aren't that great. Two teleport ones have short range, others are even less usefull.

When should PHB 3 be approved? Should I simply wait it out?

Kalidrev

First Post
The PHB3 is slated for release in March, so approval should be shortly after the product is released!

In general terms, it's pretty safe to assume that we have approved it if it has both been released physically, and has been updated in the Character Builder. If you don't have the character builder, then you can be safe to assume that if there are no anti-material proposals spamming back and forth about something in a new or upcoming book that the material is approved once it has been released physically.

CaBaNa

First Post
one month from physical release being placed in the CB and on the Compendium is the official date of approval for a source, I think...

Let me go look that up.

EDIT:

Ok I can't find a source for this, and it's probably somewhere on the L4W side, and I'm confusing it.

Can someone clear this up for me?

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
I'm pretty sure that both sides have adopted the ruling that if it is WOTC material, it is instantly approved upon release, baring anything that is under proposal discussion. I've been wrong before though, so I may be forgetting the 1-month thing. If that's the case, then it's 1 month after release; honestly, I now can't remember which it is. Other judges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases