LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Are we allowed to play 2 characters yet?
Yes. Have been for a while.
Are all the attacks for the encounter of creatures summoned with daily powers considered to be "Daily Attacks"?
The power that summons them a daily attack power. The creature itself uses attacks that are granted by the daily power, but are not "daily powers" in and of themselves. I assume there is a reason for this question?

Vertexx69

First Post
Yah. the long battle tattoo "of the heart" says when you make an attack with a Daily Attack Power you gain a bonus to dmg = to the # of HS you have used since the last extended rest. Since you use your standard action to command the summons to attack, I was wondering if the tattoo would work with every attack? Or would it just be the first attack you command it to make on the turn you actually summon it?

evilbob

Explorer
Neither, I'm afraid. I don't think it would work with any summoned creature attacks.

If you have the specific daily power in question people can take a better look.

Velmont

First Post
How I see it, summon have an Effect that allow you to summon a creature, and you can use the creature attack at-will as long as the creature is not killed or the summoning end. In other word, I don't think it would apply.

But that's an interpretation and I cannot give you some RAW that is clear and would confirm out of any doubt that interpretation.

renau1g

First Post
If it was something like "Summon Abyssal Maw" I would lean towards yes as the power is a Wizard daily attack 5, but only when you summoned the creature. Say something like the "Golden Lion" Wondrous item doesn't have anything about Attack in its wording.

Vertexx69

First Post
From what I read in the Summoning Description (PHB2 pg221) its the summoner making Implement Melee Attacks through the creature as a standard action (effectively using the summons as his weapon/origin square), using the summoner's stats and all of their non temporary bonuses, (bonuses that only last "until start/end of next turn" wouldn't apply) but bonuses from gear, feats, etc. would.

I'm making my 2nd character a druid. All the druid summoning powers say; "issue an attack command as part of the same action used summoning this creature". So since its my druid attacking through this daily summons, would the long battle tattoo apply to these attacks? I would say it probablywouldn't work on the summons instinctive effect, but it should work when the summoner issues a command (using his own standard action).

But if nothing else it should work on the turn the creature is summoned, as to remain balanced with any other class using a daily attack power with the tattoo.

-

On a completely different topic - more questions!

Should the Siberys Shard of the Mage be changed to an implement augment instead of a weapon augment?

Would the 3rd lvl Druid power "Roar of the Unbowed Beast", used through the deadfall totem, deal its extra 1d6 dmg when it slides the enemy it hit? It is an effect from an implement attack.

Does the implement bonus apply to the damage dealt by an ongoing effect like the one cloud of flying daggers creates? (for instance if you used a +2 implement would the cloud deal wisdom mod +2 dmg?)

Would the staff of corrosion or the serpents' properties work with melee implement attacks made with the staff? Like when a druid is in beast form? The staff descriptions don't say melee "weapon" attacks.

Can we remove the word "wizard" from the tomes properties? There are several ways of getting access to the tome implements now but if the properties will only work specifically with wizard powers, what's the point?

What do ppl think about a Primal Weapon Crystal, that makes any 1handed weapon its attached to count as a totem? It would be permanent once attached (barring enchantment alteration) and would let that weapon be enchanted with any totem power, or that type of weapon power. The only 2 classes that use totems (druid and shaman) don't actually have any weapon powers, so it would mainly be usable when they made OAs or with multiclassing feats.

renau1g

First Post
But if nothing else it should work on the turn the creature is summoned, as to remain balanced with any other class using a daily attack power with the tattoo. - I would say this makes sense and doesn't allow abusive situations for classes that have summons.

-

On a completely different topic - more questions!

Should the Siberys Shard of the Mage be changed to an implement augment instead of a weapon augment? No, there are superior implements though in PHB3. It says in its description "This orange dragon shard crystal enhances a weapon when it is used as an implement." so its pretty clear

Would the 3rd lvl Druid power "Roar of the Unbowed Beast", used through the deadfall totem, deal its extra 1d6 dmg when it slides the enemy it hit? It is an effect from an implement attack. I believe you're talking about Earthfall? I think it would work.

Does the implement bonus apply to the damage dealt by an ongoing effect like the one cloud of flying daggers creates? (for instance if you used a +2 implement would the cloud deal wisdom mod +2 dmg?) No, only if there's a dice roll involved

Would the staff of corrosion or the serpents' properties work with melee implement attacks made with the staff? Like when a druid is in beast form? The staff descriptions don't say melee "weapon" attacks. As long as it has the Melee keyword I believe it should yes.

Can we remove the word "wizard" from the tomes properties? There are several ways of getting access to the tome implements now but if the properties will only work specifically with wizard powers, what's the point? I'd say no

What do ppl think about a Primal Weapon Crystal, that makes any 1handed weapon its attached to count as a totem? It would be permanent once attached (barring enchantment alteration) and would let that weapon be enchanted with any totem power, or that type of weapon power. The only 2 classes that use totems (druid and shaman) don't actually have any weapon powers, so it would mainly be usable when they made OAs or with multiclassing feats. "I'd also lean towards no on this.

horvagab

First Post
It's me again with character ideas. Thanks for all the input you guys have given me, I'm back for some more :p.

A Dragonborn barbarian from Argonessen, sent by his Blue dragon master, to find out more about dragonmarks and the prophecy. How does that sound? The barbarian seems fairly straightforward, you hit stuff until it stops moving :D. Should suit a newbie like me.

Mezegis

First Post
Barbarian’s are fun, and can be straight forward if you go the charging route. Thaneborn, (Which your +Cha from race helps) can be a bit trickier, but in the end, you still smash stuff. I’m a big fan of Barbarian, and have one going the charging route in the L4W side.

Charging, usually a Rageblood Barbarian, generally focuses on Howling Strike, and stacks as much stuff onto his charge as possible, Vanguard weapon, Horned Helm, Iron armbands, Badge of the berserker, Powerful charge feat, etc… They then charge around the battlefield like a pinball. Thaneborn can act like a quasi-leader type with some of the group buffs they can provide. Very useful, but less damaging than the charger. Whirling Barbarians can do some amazing things, but can be tricky to keep track of when you can shift where and what bonuses it will give you. I have never seen the 4th type ?Thunderstomp? in action, so alas, cannot offer any aide on that.

I think you picked well going Barbarian, now you have to chose a style!

horvagab

First Post
Either Thaneborn or Thunderborn probably, first supports the race build, while the latter seems fun and I can think of a good story for that. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases