Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

LadyLaw

First Post
Azryah nods and smiles at Cyr in acknowledgment.

"Well met indeed, Cyr. It is always interesting to be in the presence of other Deva. Please, won't you join us?"

Then she turns her attention back to Jynxx as he speaks enthusiastically of the tales he can tell. It seems clear to her that he has real passion for his profession. She raises an eyebrow in interest when he speaks of his name.

"Pardon if I am intruding in things best left alone, but your name is Jynxx yet your friends call you Lucky? That is a thing which would make Merkari himself smile. I do hope that one day you will be able to show me how you earned that name.

As for tales, my journey these past months has been long and mostly boring. Perhaps something uplifting?"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx laughs, wondering why no one before this lady has managed to catch the oxymoron that he is. "An uplifting tale you should have milady."

[sblock=Jynxx's Story]

"It was not long ago, not too far from here. A man of no noble birth had a life that was ordinary. Brach was his name, by trade a farmer and cattleman. He spent many years of his life struggling to survive." Jynxx lets a small amount of emotion creep into his voice.

"The man had barely enough to satisfy the hunger of his family, and often times did not eat himself so that his young children could. It would seem that he was poor at his trade, but it was not so. He was one of the best of his profession!"

"You see, the man lived near a village that could not support itself, small though it was. And so Brach toiled all year, to simply give away his harvest. He was loved by all, though the years of such practice made him weak indeed. He was strong in spirit, and held his own against death for nearly a year after his sickness came."

"Sad the day was when he passed, even though he passed his art down to his young son. He had lived a life more noble than many, no, than all around him had. And so this story would be a sad one with an extraordinarly noble undertone; had not the next part of the tale occurred."

"A man was seen toiling around the land. The son had seen him, thought he was stealing from the farm and went to challenge him. His feet flew as he raced toward the man, for although the harvest was a gift they would not be stolen from. His feet failed and he collapsed, laying on his face in the field. He looked up at his father, their eyes locked in a last gaze. The son began to cry, for who can be so strong as to see the a lost loved one with no emotion? 'My son, blessed we are. Blessed we shall be. I will always be near you, to help you. I love you and your mother.' The young man looked up, but his father was gone. Left in his place was the symbol of their god, etched in the earth itself."

"And so a story of sadness turns into the tale of a man whose love for others empowered him to be more than a man. His love was so deep that it touched the gods, and for they love those who love others, and place them before themselves. Brach is said to still work in the fields, and is often seen working along side his son."

Jynxx looks around, his eyes beginning to water, "A man truly bless milady, that he was allowed to defeat death because of love."[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Azryah listens intently as Jynxx weaves his tale. When he is finished she sighs a bit sadly.

"I fear, master Bard, that we may have differing opinions on what type of stories are uplifting. That was a good tale to be sure, and the ending was redeeming, but I still find it rather sad. I do thank you for the tale though. Simply being around people is a pleasant change of pace at the moment."

Mezegis

First Post
Chaku nods as Azryah comments on the somewhat sad nature of the tale.

True, while love is good, and love so strong it touches the gods themselves even better, I think stories about death have a hint of sadness in them no matter the true tale. he says, But still, good story, with a good moral; be good! He chuckles at his somewhat pathetic attempt at humor.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx smiles, "Death is but another form of life! Uplifting is when love can conquer all. When selfless acts destroy the selfishness of others. Uplifting is when one person reachs down and pulls an entire group up."

Jynxx raises one eyebrow at Arzyah's comments, "Has trouble found you? Or do you simply seek a fellow soul to help rest a weary heart?"

LadyLaw

First Post
Azryah smiles, attempting to be disarming.

"No, no trouble. It's just that my road of late has been long, and mostly solitary. It is good to be around people for a change, and so I'm glad that I have come to this place. I travel often, but not typically if I have others in tow I am acting as a guard, and of necessity spend less time being social."

Pausing to sip her ale she thinks perhaps she may have said too much. Noticing that Cyr had been silent since their introduction, she turns to him in an attempt to draw him into the conversation.

"I find it especially good to see another Deva in the area. It has been long indeed since I've seen such. Have you often met others upon your travels? Or, in general, since perhaps you do not travel as often as I."

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas, after overhearing Jynxx's tale about the farmer, says to Kaeysari, "I don't get it. It doesn't make sense. A fellow has a hard life and then dies? That isn't even a story. Nothing happens!" He means to speak to her privately, but his voice is loud enough to be overheard.

[sblock=ooc to OnlytheStrong]No insult intended. Nobody else is being a semi-drunken idiot at the moment so Papolstaanas is taking this essential job himself :D[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc to CaBaNa]Papolstaanas is interested (Kobold Warden 1), but he would like to adventure with Kaeysari, and there are plenty of first characters around, so if there doesn't end up being room for them both he'll wait for the next plot hook to come along.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco, bored with all the cheerful faces around him and having told his story goes to stretch his legs and notices the notice.
"Hrumph! I just might get a look. Waiting around for that eladrin will get me pennyless if I continue with it. And here be undead to smite. HA!"

He returns to the tavern, notice in hand...
"Here be job by temple of the dead if someone's interested ! More dead then you ever want to see and it just might be you next."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Ah my friend, you will understand when you are ready to!" Jynxx turns suddenly serious as he hears of the undead.

"Young though I may look, I do think I would be able to help. If the others would have me."

[sblock=Mewness]

You jerk! I worked so hard on that story!

Okay, no I didn't :) It's fine lol. I'm pretty hard to offend. I hope I didn't offend you. Just teasing. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases