[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

pacdidj

First Post
"Treachery!" declares Crush, upon the announcement of the interlopers' victory.

"It seems we must rethink our tactics friends, if skill alone proves not enough to win. I'm not sure what we can do to combat teleportation. But it seems a wise idea at a minimum to keep a close eye on this 'Team Horn's Apex' from this point forward."

To Rikka he says, "I must say though, while it was not enough to win the day, that was some fine racing elf."

At this, the warforged turns his gaze downward, and paces back and forth, seemingly lost in thought.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka was silent for several minutes, as the aftermath of the race swirled around her- it seemed as if she were lost in thought, or perhaps adapting once more to live on the ground, without the disorienting (though enjoyable) rush of flight. When she did speak, her voice was quiet, pitched so that only her companions might hear it. "We did well enough, for a pack which has never hunted together before. With each challenge, we can learn more of how best to work together- and these men, who have worked together for some time I would guess, they beat us by the slimmest of margins. Next time, perhaps, the spirits will not favor them so much." With a nod of her head and a brief flickering glance of her eyes, she pointed towards the likely leader of the Orien team. "That one bears a mark of power, though I cannot tell if his packmates do well- if not, when we are challenged next, he is the one who must be watched, and who we must work to thwart. If he is their most gifted, they may rely too heavily upon his magic..." Then she shook her head, and turned towards Vok. "You are trained and gifted as a speaker. Might it be right to ask of the judges- was it truly noted that all of that team passed each mark, and that was witnessed? It is one thing to lose if they but bridged the final gap with magic, and another if they simply passed from start to finish with their magic while we all were made to actually make the entire trip?"

"I don't think we would accomplish anything by checking with the judges. If they are favored somehow, everything will say will be ignored. If they are not, then judges have seen them. If they bypassed some areas, well, more power to them. But if you want to check, by all means, go.

Rikka, could you please on the next leg of the race, if there is another quick chase give warning on judges positions if they're not obvious?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the Five Winds discuss the Orien team, it appears the Cyran's have taken the "appearance" of the Horn's Apex rather bad. Their leader, a woman who would almost be beautiful if not for her hooked nose, argues loudly with the judge who adamantly refuses to cede anything the Horn's had done as wrong. After a few minutes of bickering, which almost culminates in their ejection from the race, the some of the others of her team drag her away.

The announcer calls Horn's Apex forward, and they are led behind a shrouded alleyway. Cheers can be heard from the other side, fading away into the distance for some time after they enter. A few minutes later, the race runners come to the Five Winds.

This stage represents the infiltration of the garrison. Stealth and guile will be your guides here, though spell and sword may come in handy in some tight spots. You have a simple goal: Make it to the other side without the alarm being raised at our "garrison". Any questions?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
You say sword and spell may be useful? Does that mean the prohibition on combat is lifted for this stage?
The announcer nods. Combat is allowed, but realize it may draw untoward attention if not done with the goal of reaching the "garrison" unawares in mind. You will, of course, be fighting some lesser constructs of House Cannith. No real people will be hurt. Seeing Crush towering over him and glowering, he quickly backpeddles. Non-sapient, uh, constructs I, uh, mean. No warforged, uh, of-f-f course. Illegal and, uh, wrong, yes wrong! Yes.

No real people will be hurt.
Seeing Crush towering over him and glowering, he quickly backpeddles. Non-sapient, uh, constructs I, uh, mean. No warforged, uh, of-f-f course. Illegal and, uh, wrong, yes wrong! Yes.
hehe - go team crushers! ;)[/COLOR]

"Ah, a task worthy of my time. Time for the hunters! So, the task is to inflitrate the garrison with as little combat as possible. Do we all need to get there or only some of us? And if we get into combat, do we fail the challenge? How would success be judged?"

After announcer answers and retreats:
"Vok, would you consider taking of all that metal for this challenge? Rikka, maybe Ryk and Spring and me, we can bypass whatever needs to be done, but we cannot muffle the sound enough for you.

Crush, I realize you cannot take off your plating so we'll think of something...have you ever needed to muffle sound your movement? Do you know how or if it can be done?"

OOC: Just playing Bellegon who doesn't know much about living constructs, I know they don't get penalty for stealth :)

OOC: I'm thinking, if Vok and Crush take off their armor and we use some soft leather (maybe waterskins?) over their boots and shields, maybe we can improvise some stealth bonuses. And with two aid anothers per person, they get +4 to their checks if it's obligatory...If it's only part of the challenge, then we stealthy go forward and they follow.

On Puget Sound

First Post
I can adjust the straps on my footpads to fit a larger person, and lend someone my mottled gray overcloak. They may help.

[sblock="ooc"]Ryk has footpads that grant +1 to stealth for moving silently, and camouflaged clothing that grants +1 to stealth for hiding. Without these items he is still at +9 stealth, so he can lend them to someone who needs them more. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Take off my armor? If fighting breaks out I will be useless to you. I cannot imagine a worse idea for my own safety" Vok proclaims adamantly.

[sblock=ooc]
Even removing armor + leaving my shield strapped to my back only gives a +2 bonus... moving up to +6 at best...I might think it best to take out chances with the -2 from the plate, but leave the shield strapped so Vok still has it on if a battle erupts[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases