Netbook: The Book of Forbidden Lore

Remathilis

Legend
This book doesn’t exist.

The knowledge inside in forbidden; none are allowed to glimpse these lost secrets. In years past, powerful wizards sealed these beasts away so that none should ever rival their power. Yet acolytes of these wizards learned of their secrets and created simulacrums of them, imperfect but functional, to challenge wayfarers from afar in mortal combat. Be cautious, for if the ancient wizards learn their secrets have been stolen, the consequences would be dire indeed.

This book is a translation of several famous “IP-locked” monsters into Pathfinder-compatible forms. They are NOT Open Content; those wishing to use them in anything other than their own home games had best understand the consequences. These are simply conversions for Pathfinder GMs who wish to get full use out of their 3.5-compatible monsters. The names were altered, and no descriptive text is given as to appearance, habitant, or personality. If you’re using this document, you should already be familiar with the beasts inside.

This document is not endorsed by Wizards of the Coast or Paizo.

Monsters Included

Astral Reaver
Bewildering Beast
Chaod (Crimson, Azure, Celadon, Cinereal, Reaper)
Deep One
Displacer
Eyeball
Eye Tyrant
Orphidics (Initiate, Acolyte, Enlightened)
Tentacle Worm
Thulid
Zerthic

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Book of Forbidden Lore.pdf
    116.1 KB · Views: 5,758

Vorpal Puppy

First Post
I've lurked on enworld for a couple of years but I never felt compelled to actually say anything until now. And what I have to say can be summed up in one capitalized, misspelled (for effect) word.

SWEEEEET!

Thank you for your efforts. They are not in vain, although my players may not appreciate them as much as I do. ;)

Mon

Explorer
This is all kinds of awesome. Some of the names are smurf-tastic.

Or should I say swerf-tastic.

Hmmm... seems I lack your talent for inventive renaming :/

Last edited:

Remove ads