Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
NOT Rushing Anyone - Just an Update!

It occurred to me that without some sort of notification system those who aren't monitoring side threads other than their own won't have any way of knowing who's posted; when you post in your side thread, if you could pop over here and let the others know that would be great.

So far I have Round 02 posts for Leaf and Mustapha.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
(From his Side Thread)

OOC - I take it Leaf and Mustapha can now communicate? How do you want to handle that - look at each other's threads, combine into 1 thread again?

Very good question . . . hmmm.

I don't want to combine threads or encourage you to peek at the other threads, because you still can't see everything the others can (for example, at this point Leaf can see both Mustapha and Abraxis, but Mustapha and Abraxis can't see each other.

Why don't we post verbal communications in the IC as well as in your side thread. Would this be too cumbersome? You could just write up your side thread post and do a Copy/Paste of the relevant parts over to the IC.

If that sounds like too much I'm open to suggestions - the idea is to do something different and have fun, but the fun comes first.

(I'm reposting this over to the OOC as well so the rest of the group can legitimately chime in if they wish).

grufflehead

First Post
Good question! If I post it only to my IC thread, no-one else will read it unless I notify them in the OC thread - but then they can see anything that has happened previously which may or may not have a bearing. If I post it to the general IC thread, everybody can see it, including people who shouldn't....

How about doing it my PM then. Send to GM and any of the other players who you can see. As it's not 'common' knowledge, then no need to summarise it back to either the general IC or individual player IC threads?

I'll do that this time then - PM to GM and Leaf, and you can see if it works like that.

You can make a ruling about how much info can be 'daisy-chained' like this and the action it takes. For example Player A can see B, B can see C but A and C can't see each other. They can use B as the hub for a conversation, but at what point you make people use Move actions to have discussions rather than Free actions is a GM call.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
We'll try it by PM then, if no one objects.

Note that the fog restricts sight but not sound. Conversations will be somewhat muffled, but normal rules (whatever they are) for speaking apply. So I'd PM anything you want to whisper to someone in an adjacent square, but anything said in a volume approaching 'normal' (including verbal spell components) you can post either to PM & your Side Thread or to IC/Side Thread - either way I'll pick it up and run with it.

Just do be sure to send PMd character conversation to me as well :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases