What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The EN World kitten COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    ENniesGygax Memorial FundI Defended The Walls!

Ignore Alzrius
    My communities:

Sorcerer Bloodline database

Of all the class changes made in Pathfinder, sorcerer bloodlines are easily my most favorite. Given that, I virtually always pick up third-party products that have new sorcerer bloodlines in them.

Lately however, there have been enough bloodlines written that it's getting tricky to remember them all. As such, I've written this list, which I'm posting here so everyone can use it as a resource. As more sorcerer bloodlines are written, I'll update this post accordingly.

Pathfinder Core Rulebook
    Aberrant
    Abyssal
    Arcane
    Celestial
    Destined
    Draconic
    Elemental
    Fey
    Infernal
    Undead

Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide
    Aquatic
    Boreal
    Deep Earth
    Dreamspun
    Protean
    Serpentine
    Shadow
    Starsoul
    Stormborn
    Verdant

Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide
    Imperious
    Kobold

Pathfinder Ultimate Magic
    Accursed
    Djinni
    Efreeti
    Maestro
    Marid
    Rakshasa
    Shaitan

Advanced Arcana
    Dao
    Djinn
    Efreet
    Marid

Adventureaweek.com
    Ancestral Guardian
    Ancestral Rage Spirit
    Ancestral Wisdom Spirit

Adventurer Essentials: True Alchemy
    Mad Science

Ancient Warriors: Sons of Sparta
    Warrior's Blood

Bloodlines: New Options for Sorcerers
    Barghest
    Doppelganger
    Efreeti
    Ghoul
    Gibbering Mouther
    Ice Devil
    Kirin
    Lillend
    Medusa
    Naga
    Rakshasa
    Treant
    Vampire

The Book of Arcane Magic
    Bestial
    Divine
    Feline
    Fiendish
    Genie
    Lycanthropic
    Mixed
    Monstrous
    Nightmarish
    Reborn Soul (web enhancement)
    Scaly

Book of Drakes
    Drake

Book of Heroic Races: Half-Faerie Dragons
    Faerie Dragon

"Bonus Bloodlines"
    Artificial
    Plant

Class Acts: Sorcerers
    Mesmeric
    Trollblooded

Class Expansions: Hybrid Elemental Sorcerer Bloodlines
    Clouds
    Dust
    Magma
    Mud
    Smoke
    Steam

Class Expansions: Sorcerer Bloodlines
    Artificial
    Fatespun
    Radiant

Class Options Vol. 1: Sorcerer Bloodlines
    Envy
    Gluttony
    Greed
    Lust
    Nature
    Pride
    Seer
    Sloth
    Words
    Wrath

Dredan Realm of Metal & Myth Campaign Setting (Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible)
    Negative
    Positive

Evocative City Sites: Bedlam Asylum
    Medusa

Fantastic Races of the Otherverse - The Urlock
    Psychic

Fursona - The Definitive Guide to Creating Anthropomorphic Characters
    Anthro

The Genius Guide to Air Magic
    Skyborne

The Genius Guide to Crystal Magic
    Crystal

The Genius Guide to Dream Magic
    Dreamscape

The Genius Guide to Earth Magic
    Stone

The Genius Guide to Ice Magic
    Frost

The Genius Guide to the Godling Ascendant
    Godling

The Grand OGL Wiki
    Autumn
    Spring
    Summer
    Winter

"The Hagspawn Bloodline"
    Hagspawn

In One's Blood
    Aquatic
    Divine
    Giant
    Ooze
    Plant
    Psychic
    Vermin

In The Company of Minotaurs
    Taurian

"Inherited Gifts"
    Scion of Beltova
    Descendant of Marbus

Inkantations: A Sourcebook of Tattoo Magic & Body Art
    Inked

Ironborn of Questhaven
    Constructed

Kobold Quarterly #13
    Shadow

Kobold Quarterly #15
    Green

Kobold Quarterly #20
    Ooze

Kobold Quarterly website
    Rakshasa

Legendary Races: Rakshasa
    Rakshasa

Legends of the Shining Jewel: Campaign Guide
    Lycanthrope

Midgard Preview
    Huginn

Minotaurs of the Black Hills
    Yith

Northlands
    Giant
    Hyperborean

The Nymian Beastlands: A Playtester's Guide to the Lands and Peoples of Omarka
    Rakshasa

Otyughnomicon: Northern Waste Otyugh
    Otyugh

Pact Magic to Pathfinder RPG Conversion Guide
    Ravaged

Pathfinder #29: Mother of Flies
    Pestilence

Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of Angels
    Martyred

Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of Fiends
    Daemon

Pathfinder Player Companion: Dragon Empires Primer
    Oni

Pathfinder Player Companion: Orcs of Golarion
    Orc

"Shifting Sorcerers"
    Doppelganger
    Lycanthrope

The Slumbering Tsar: The Desolation, Part 2 - The Ghosts of Victory
    Verminous

Sunken Empires
    Aboleth
    Ocean
    Vril

Tales of the Old Margreve Web Compilation
    Margreve (also found on the Kobold Quarterly website)

Wayfinder #1
    Ancestral
    Shadow

Wayfinder #2
    Haunted
    Linnorm
    Ophidian
    Psionic

Wayfinder #3
    Legendary

Wayfinder #5
    Runescarred

Wyrd of Questhaven
    Oni
    Last edited by Alzrius; Monday, 29th April, 2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Added the Class Expansions books
    Need an informed review of a product? No problem! Check out my RPGnow Staff Reviews!

Debuting on an internet near you, it's Intelligence Check, my new Pathfinder blog!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore vezina99
    Very cool of you to post this. I have no other PF books besides the core book, but any contribution to facilitate game knowledge is more than welcome. Would you recommend any specific 3rd party book out of these?

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Alzrius
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by vezina99 View Post
    Very cool of you to post this. I have no other PF books besides the core book, but any contribution to facilitate game knowledge is more than welcome. Would you recommend any specific 3rd party book out of these?
    I would indeed.

The Book of Arcane Magic is a nice expansion for arcane spellcasters. New spells, feats, and of course the sorcerer bloodlines are all very cool, and introduce some nice options.

Similarly, The Genius Guide to Ice Magic is great for making ice its own archetype among spellcasters, having new ice spells (one for each spell level) a new ice clerical domain, wizard school specialization, that bloodline, and more. Really, anything from the SuperGenius Games imprint of OtherWorld Creations is good.

And of course, the Kobold Quarterly one is nice and free.
    Need an informed review of a product? No problem! Check out my RPGnow Staff Reviews!

Debuting on an internet near you, it's Intelligence Check, my new Pathfinder blog!

Greater Elemental (Lvl 23)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Dannyalcatraz
    My communities:

Thank you thank you thank you!

I agree with you about the Sorcerer- essentially, Pathfinder did with Sorcerers what I did with them in 3.5 using DCv1 and a couple of other sources.

Quick question: I'm new to Pathfinder- which of the sources you've cited are physical books and which are PDF only?
    IAAL...and an MBA. No, really!
    Metal School Founder; Campaign Ideas; my 3.X Databases: The Monk, The Martial Arcanist, Aquatic Ideas, The Psychonomicon

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Alzrius
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyalcatraz View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you!
    You're very welcome!

I agree with you about the Sorcerer- essentially, Pathfinder did with Sorcerers what I did with them in 3.5 using DCv1 and a couple of other sources.
    I did something similiar, though I used Octavirate Expansions: Feared and Hated which basically introduced sorcerer bloodlines into 3.5 (usually with cool and obvious physical mutations, to play up the idea of "sorcerers as shunned freaks").

Quick question: I'm new to Pathfinder- which of the sources you've cited are physical books and which are PDF only?
    From what I've seen, only The Book of Arcane Magic is available in a print edition (as well as PDF). There is a print edition of Dredan Realm of Metal & Myth available, but it's the 3.5 edition, not Pathfinder - the PF edition is still PDF only as far as I know.

Likewise, everything else on that list (notwithstanding the PF Core Rulebook and Pathfinder #29) are PDF only.

Greater Elemental (Lvl 23)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Dannyalcatraz
    My communities:

FRAK!

Er...thanks for the info.

FRAK!
    IAAL...and an MBA. No, really!
    Metal School Founder; Campaign Ideas; my 3.X Databases: The Monk, The Martial Arcanist, Aquatic Ideas, The Psychonomicon

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore vezina99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzrius View Post
    I would indeed.

The Book of Arcane Magic is a nice expansion for arcane spellcasters. New spells, feats, and of course the sorcerer bloodlines are all very cool, and introduce some nice options.

Similarly, The Genius Guide to Ice Magic is great for making ice its own archetype among spellcasters, having new ice spells (one for each spell level) a new ice clerical domain, wizard school specialization, that bloodline, and more. Really, anything from the SuperGenius Games imprint of OtherWorld Creations is good.

And of course, the Kobold Quarterly one is nice and free.
    Thanks.

To explain myself: my group was jaded in 3.5 from the Feats book in 3.0/3.5. There were several things that broke the game for my group, and we haven't looked at most 3rd party stuff since then.

I will say, however, that the community behind Pathfinder seems to be much well oriented to the rules system that we all play with. As noticed above, my main concern with 3rd party products is balance. What I've read from 3rd party providers seems very well designed. I plan on picking up several of these supplements, and I thank you for your opinions.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Gicko
    Im thinking of making myself an albino Heterochromiac (different colour eyes) sorcerer, who was born into a tribe of magically starved bugbears. As far as I know of, no dragons have encountered them, they have no past with demons or cestials, and they have very few (if any) other magical bugbears in known history. Any idea what kind of bloodline could fit that description? If you like i could write out their backstory so you know a little more about them.

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Alzrius
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    Im thinking of making myself an albino Heterochromiac (different colour eyes) sorcerer, who was born into a tribe of magically starved bugbears. As far as I know of, no dragons have encountered them, they have no past with demons or cestials, and they have very few (if any) other magical bugbears in known history. Any idea what kind of bloodline could fit that description? If you like i could write out their backstory so you know a little more about them.
    Is this character a bugbear himself? Either way, given what's up with his hair and eye color, there's clearly something going on in his gene pool!

Seriously though, it sounds like you're leaning away from having your sorcerer's magic be due to some sort of special ancestor. If that's the case, you still have a number of options - there are several bloodline choices that don't rely on someone having been intimate with some sort of monster.

From the PF Core rulebook, there's always the Arcane (if he's just naturally magically inclined) or Destined (he's meant for something greater) bloodlines. Likewise, you can interpret the Elemental bloodline as being more about an affinity for a type of planar energy than having an elemental ancestor.

The Reborn Soul bloodline from the free web enhancement for The Book of Arcane Magic fits if he's a reincarnation of a great spellcaster. Bear in mind that this web enhancement draws on the book, so you'll either need to have the BoAM, or modify the bloodline.

Class Options Vol. 1 is entirely based around the idea of non-ancestor bloodlines. Three of them (Nature, Seer, and Word) are based around having a connection to something diffuse (such as nature itself) or some special sort of magical ability (being a seer, or tapping into the power of the spoken word). The other seven are based around having a close connection to one of the seven deadly sins.

The two bloodlines in Dredan are also based around having a connection to a planar energy - in this case life or death energy. Similarly, the one in the Genius Guide to Ice Magic does the same thing for cold as an energy type.

The Pestilence bloodline in Pathfinder #29 is a rather disgusting source of arcane power, being based around filth and vermin.

Finally, if you want his power to be ancestral in general, rather than having an odd monster in his family history, the Ancestral bloodline in Wayfinder #1 is a good choice.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Gicko
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzrius View Post
    Is this character a bugbear himself? Either way, given what's up with his hair and eye color, there's clearly something going on in his gene pool!

Seriously though, it sounds like you're leaning away from having your sorcerer's magic be due to some sort of special ancestor. If that's the case, you still have a number of options - there are several bloodline choices that don't rely on someone having been intimate with some sort of monster.

From the PF Core rulebook, there's always the Arcane (if he's just naturally magically inclined) or Destined (he's meant for something greater) bloodlines. Likewise, you can interpret the Elemental bloodline as being more about an affinity for a type of planar energy than having an elemental ancestor.

The Reborn Soul bloodline from the free web enhancement for The Book of Arcane Magic fits if he's a reincarnation of a great spellcaster. Bear in mind that this web enhancement draws on the book, so you'll either need to have the BoAM, or modify the bloodline.

Class Options Vol. 1 is entirely based around the idea of non-ancestor bloodlines. Three of them (Nature, Seer, and Word) are based around having a connection to something diffuse (such as nature itself) or some special sort of magical ability (being a seer, or tapping into the power of the spoken word). The other seven are based around having a close connection to one of the seven deadly sins.

The two bloodlines in Dredan are also based around having a connection to a planar energy - in this case life or death energy. Similarly, the one in the Genius Guide to Ice Magic does the same thing for cold as an energy type.

The Pestilence bloodline in Pathfinder #29 is a rather disgusting source of arcane power, being based around filth and vermin.

Finally, if you want his power to be ancestral in general, rather than having an odd monster in his family history, the Ancestral bloodline in Wayfinder #1 is a good choice.

yes s/he (havent dicided yet) is a bugbear himself. the color thing is mainly their to show he is special, and that he is not normal members of his tribe.

i do like the sound of the Seer bloodline. i was planning on haveing him be nicknamed "the seer" (all bugbears in the tribe get a nickname like that. the tracker, the scout, the leader, the wise, ETC) so ill give that one a look.

thanks for the help.

edit: now if i could just find a website that will give me the info i need >.<
    Last edited by Gicko; Saturday, 13th February, 2010 at 08:12 AM.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast