D&D 3E/3.5 Feywild(ish) Adventure (3.5) (Moved to Story Hour)

LostSoul

Adventurer
Can someone please let me know how to sblock/hide some text to break up my Wall of Text, Greater please :)

Like this: "sblock=some descriptive text" Text "/sblock", with square brackets [] instead of quotes.

Quote my reply to see it in action.

[sblock=Example of sblock]The second head directed them to speak to the old man in the house of stone, but do not enter no matter how he pleads, as he enjoys the good red wine, but ask him to come to the door and do not leave until you convince him to give the stick he keeps behind the door.[/sblock]

Nonei

Explorer
Session 2

Here is a partial update from last session - I will add more as I can.

The third head from the well ended up saying “If you help the creatures, they will return the favor.”

As the party leaves the cottage with the well, a surge of wild magic suddenly causes the third party member, previously 2 inches tall, to grow back to full size.
[sblock=Explanation]That’s how we handle when someone misses a few sessions: a surge of wild magic causes them to shrink to 2 inches and enter a state of suspended animation, although they are aware of everything around them – that way we don’t have to remember who knows what or risk a PC getting killed when the player is gone – and then when the player returns, a surge of wild magic causes the character to grow big again. Don’t remember where we got that from, but it works well.[/sblock]

The Owl
The characters – Evol (drow paladin), Anett (hadozee druid) and Menolly (Elan Psi warrior/psion) travel along the path for a little ways, feeling like they are being watched still. Before long, they hear an owl calling out in pain. On the other side of a grove of twisted trees, a few little folk are dancing around, poking at the owl with sticks.

A spirited debate about leaving the path follows, but in the end they cautiously approach. The little people are fat and skinny, big noses or tiny noses – almost grotesquely disproportioned. They flee as the party approaches, and the owl speaks to the party in common, asking for help. The druid touches the owl with a cure light wounds, and in return the owl pluck his own tail feather and hands it to him, saying: “Because you saved me, I will help you - I know many things about this land. Twirl this between your fingers if you need help, and I will come. I can help you three times.”

So, the owl flies off, and they make their way back to the path… which, to their dismay, is a little farther away than where they left it.

The Stone House
Soon they come to the house made of stone, with a large cat lounging on its doorstep. The cat watches them approach, flicking its tail. They knock on the door, and an old man’s voice entreats them to enter, but they remember the head’s warning about not entering the house. Instead, the druid cautiously opens the door (without entering) and they see the old man sitting on a chair.

He invites them in again for supper, and then pleads them to come in, as his bones and joints are hurting him too much to stand. But they do not, and eventually he approaches them at the door. He offers to trade the stick, when they ask for it, for a pint of the good red wine.

They decline, but offer him instead the walking stick they have been carrying for some time. “A stick for a stick”… he tests out the walking stick (walking stick is homebrew: +10 feet of movement/round while carried, and if set on end and the magic word spoken will remain upright). He likes this new freedom of movement, and agrees to the trade.

As they leave, the cat watches them go, its tail flicking.

Last edited:

Nonei

Explorer
Session 2 continued

The Bridge
From the stone house, they are not quite sure what to do, and so they simply continue on the path. Eventually they arrive at a small bridge crossing a river. The forest on the other side of the bridge seems fresh, green, and healthy. Anett conveys to the others that in the natural world this would be unusual; however, she has heard stories that in the realm of the fey their owned lands will reflect their personality, and so this likely means they have crossed a boundary from one fey's rule into another.

Menolly checks under the bridge, but there is no troll - only something glinting in the sun just out of reach. Though tempted, they decide not to leave the path to see what it is. Just on the other side of the bridge, two birch trees stretch up out of the ground - the druid, Anett, looks at them curiously, as the other trees are all maples and oaks (as far as she can tell).

The Village
They cautiously travel over the bridge, and soon come to a small village. They debate about leaving the crocodile behind while they enter, but decide that as mortals they are probably just as unusual. And, indeed, the village folk are much more interested in them, peering at them cautiously from the safety of their homes. The faeries in the village are of various sizes and colors, but are united in their handsome looks and gentle bearing - although, indeed, they do not seem very happy today.

A gentleman (if you can call him so) approaches the party and introduces himself as the leader of the village. Evol introduces the party, and the village leader comments that he has not seen mortals here for 1000 mortal years.

He states that the destiny was made that the mortals that came would be the ones to restore to them their prince and princess which had been turned to stone by an evil witch just before the twilight came. Their mother, the queen, was able to change the spell so they were birch trees instead, but she was not powerful enough to return them to their form. For a spell like that, an object belonging to the witch would be required.

On questioning, they began to realize that the staff they had bartered for was one that the witch had owned, when she was still alive. They were determined to try and change the trees back, but first they wanted to find out why the village was sad.

Each mortal year, the elder said, because of an agreement with one of their leaders which had since passed, one of their children must be given to the rose-colored dragon in exchange for it's protection (from itself as well as from any other thing). The dragon was due in about four hours.

One of the party asks, "Do you want to be free of the dragon?"

"Oh yes, but if we ask to be released from the agreement, then he will flatten the town. And we must keep our side for him to keep his. If you help us in this, then I will be grateful, but I cannot give you anything in return."

The party agrees that they cannot leave and let an innocent be hurt. They ask many things about the dragon, and find that it carries off the children, rather than eating them there, it's as big as four men put together, and also it enjoys a good game of wits.

They position themselves around the girl,who has been tied to a stake, and wait for the dragon. The village people lock their doors and for a while it is dark and silent. The dragon banks in a circle and lands on the other side of the fire from the girl.

(more to come from Session 2)
Note that the first post was updated with creature and setting information based on session.

Last edited:

Remove ads