L4W Discussion Thread V

Theroc

First Post
Kinda funny. Monk and Ardent are my least favorite of the Psionic classes... I really wish there was a 'REALLY' psionic striker. Monk's just feel like supermartial characters from what I saw. I want to see a 'striker' version of the Psion... or a Soulknife or something.

Ardent looks alright, not sure what race/build I'd want though. I could go pole, but Cha/Wis would end up very vulnerable to attacks... low fort/AC.

Otakkun

Explorer
I'd recommend you human CHA/CON. The con is always welcomed, plus human gives you nad defenses, the always welcomed extra at will and a bonus feat.

But then, if you like strikers, you could try building a warlock with some psionic flavor or something like that =)

Theroc

First Post
I'd recommend you human CHA/CON. The con is always welcomed, plus human gives you nad defenses, the always welcomed extra at will and a bonus feat.

But then, if you like strikers, you could try building a warlock with some psionic flavor or something like that =)

Waiting for the Sorcerer King pact to hit the CB for that. ;)

For the Human Cha/Con, that's doable, two issues: The at-will according to the handbooks is unaugmentable(Seems silly IMO), and going con would STILL make the valuable polearm feats hard to access(Don't they require dex or wis?)

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm waiting for the CB update to make Kamotz as well, just want to see what other options he could have...

Not waiting to make Gil though, he's going to be really fun! Where Kamotz is all doom and gloom, focused on Death as he is, Gil is concentrated on being "good" and bringing hope and prosperity to the people around him.

The Sorcerer King Pact sounds like something straight out of the Valley of Bone! I love it. Though it could work any number of other ways, I'm sure they will make some interesting characters.

I don't really know much about Ardents or Battleminds, in fact most of the psionic classes never really grabbed my attention. Though I really enjoy having them in the group, the ones I've played with have been pretty cool.

I like the Hybrid system though, Kamotz will be Cleric|Paladin when I get around to making him.

Gil is going to be Wizard|Artificer/Assassin, I'd like to try and get most of his CS done this evening, but I doubt that will happen.

Otakkun

Explorer
Waiting for the Sorcerer King pact to hit the CB for that. ;)

For the Human Cha/Con, that's doable, two issues: The at-will according to the handbooks is unaugmentable(Seems silly IMO), and going con would STILL make the valuable polearm feats hard to access(Don't they require dex or wis?)

True, but then you're not going to be playing a fighter. Great Spear is there to give you two things:
1.- +3 to hit
2.- Reach

Regarding the human power, yeah, you can't augment it. But then, Energising Strike is good enough without augmentations to get as a 3rd power, allowing you to get one other power besides Demoralizing Strike.

Otakkun

Explorer
Quick silly (yeah I know the answer is out there, somewhere, but just humor me with a 2 word answer) question: Do we get to have more than 2 character is l4w?

Someone

Adventurer
Rules question. I can't find any rule that forbids teleporting people into terrain that can't sustain them, or, put in other words, that you can teleport your enemies into the air and possibly inflict them falling damage if you teleport them high enough. The only rules that I can see could apply are the ones in PHB's page 284, that allows a save against any power that forces you over a cliff or into a precipice. Has this been clarified or FAQed anywhere?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases