L4W Discussion Thread V

Someone

Adventurer
Cool. There's then a psion at-will in Psionic Power that's even more awesome than I believed.

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
Yep, you can teleport them 1 square "up" outside the radius =)

6 levels, eh? Damn, I need to get my second character out fast then. Otherwise I'll never be able to get that ardent out of my head.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Speaking of falls, does a dazed or stunned character get a save vs. a fall, and how would you RP success?

I've got some ideas, but I want to hear yours.

I had a dragon grab a stunned creature, take off into the air, and drop him from a large height. Not sure I did this right, but I figured that it was a dramatic gesture for an NPC, and it didn't matter. I'm sure if I did this against a PC, there would be an argument!

Theroc

First Post
I'm actually tempted to make a leader(Prolly Warlord) who never makes an attack roll... I just don't know whether or not I'll end up enjoying that in the long run. :p

Otakkun

Explorer
And well, here's Ianward Milner (Ian for short), a human battlemind almost ready to go. Still got a lot to edit on the template, but at least the most boring stuff is already over.

Anyone else has noticed how annoying is to be forced to take melee training for defenders not based on STR? With the coming essentials errata this is going to be even worse. I hope they address this problem soon at WotC.

renau1g

First Post
Speaking of falls, does a dazed or stunned character get a save vs. a fall, and how would you RP success?

I've got some ideas, but I want to hear yours.

I had a dragon grab a stunned creature, take off into the air, and drop him from a large height. Not sure I did this right, but I figured that it was a dramatic gesture for an NPC, and it didn't matter. I'm sure if I did this against a PC, there would be an argument!

If it was a PC, perhaps a saving throw, maybe their adrenaline flowing allowed them to push through the "stun" and let the PC grab onto the dragon's leg. The stunned condition doesn't require you to drop what you're carrying, so I could see the PC having a death grip on the dragon.

I'm actually tempted to make a leader(Prolly Warlord) who never makes an attack roll... I just don't know whether or not I'll end up enjoying that in the long run. :p

There's the "Lazy Warlord" builds on the WotC website

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

& one for shaman - Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Personally, I'd recommend against it, I think it'd get old quick in PbP. Now, you'd likely do all the rolling anyway because otherwise it'd slow up the games too much.

Someone

Adventurer
Well, having access to the rest of the party's sheets means that you can roll their MBAs easily. The real problem is that the inherent ramdomness of living settings may mean that you can get stuck in a party without anyone with strong MBAs, which would suck.

evilbob

Explorer
re: Dragon move
I can't come up with a reason that isn't a valid tactic against a PC either. In fact, it's a great tactic, and one that combos a lot of nice dragon abilities in a powerful way.

The main difference between a PC and an NPC is that an at-level group of PCs will likely have more defenses against falling (if nothing else, just HP) when fighting a dragon who can do all of that in one round easily.

Someone: Yeah, the cool thing about teleporting is the idea of teleporting someone upward and having them fall and be prone - it's a bonus damage and effect. However, to balance this out they made it so that any time you are about to teleport someone to a place where they would fall or take damage somehow, they get a saving throw to negate the teleport. It's kind of a huge nerf, but it was also a pretty awesome tactic that they didn't seem to think of when writing teleport abilities.

Remove ads