L4W Discussion Thread V

KenHood

First Post
Yeah they're super OP'd compared to the PHB2 ones. That's why everyone in LFR has either one of them, or Windrise Ports.
But if EVERYBODY has them, then they're not overpowered. Instead, they'd be status quo.

Yeah. That feeling you're experiencing is being impaled upon my sharp logic.

So, give me the damned backgrounds!

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
So, here I am browsing the PHB3, and I find myself thinking the ardent might be fun. I look for a race to go with, and half-elves fit perfectly. I then remember the dilettante racial feature, which causes me to go back to PHB3 and look at the battlemind's at-wills.

And now I have a question. Could, say, a half-elf ardent who chose a battlemind/psion power as their dilettante power use their power points to augment it? I haven't by any means read PHB3 cover to cover, but I haven't noticed anything so far that would prevent this.
EDIT: I just found my answer, haha. Under "Power Points" in the ardent, battlemind, and psion class descriptions it says: "You can use your power points to augment any augmentable power you have, regardless of how you gained the power." So, if anyone else was wondering, there's your answer ;)

At least they've already fixed it so you can't choose a 27th-level at-will for your dilettante power ;)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Power points are power points. There is nothing that says it loses the augmentable keyword that I can find.

KenHood

First Post
Boons, legendary abilities, and grandmaster training...

Can we spend gold to buy these in L4W?

(Thinking about the Kord's Might for Tonk. And would also like a Secret Crazy Mace Master technique that lets Tonk get +3 proficiency with a mace instead of +2.)

renau1g

First Post
I believe Boons would need to be re-flavoured to fit as there's no Kord in L4W, but Maros might work. Are they from approved sources? I think Boons are DMG2 right? Not sure where the other 2 come from.

is there something out there that turns a +2 weapon into a +3 one?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
So, here I am browsing the PHB3, and I find myself thinking the ardent might be fun. I look for a race to go with, and half-elves fit perfectly. I then remember the dilettante racial feature, which causes me to go back to PHB3 and look at the battlemind's at-wills.

And now I have a question. Could, say, a half-elf ardent who chose a battlemind/psion power as their dilettante power use their power points to augment it? I haven't by any means read PHB3 cover to cover, but I haven't noticed anything so far that would prevent this.
EDIT: I just found my answer, haha. Under "Power Points" in the ardent, battlemind, and psion class descriptions it says: "You can use your power points to augment any augmentable power you have, regardless of how you gained the power." So, if anyone else was wondering, there's your answer ;)

At least they've already fixed it so you can't choose a 27th-level at-will for your dilettante power ;)

The augment keyword states, "When a racial trait grants you an at-will attack power of your choice and you choose an augmentable at0will attack power, the power loses both the augmentable keyword and it's augmentations."

Sorry your stuck like my human psion

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases