Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
«POSSUM, to confirm:
1. Ganga has been searched and disarmed by Sloor. He has nothing of value on him (?).
2. Switch's desk has been searched by Keyton. It has nothing of value or interrest in it (?).
3. Switch is a total loss, utterly un-repearable (?).

«Forgot this bit last time:

Keyton looks at his wound, putting his hand over the blast burn. He runs his hand just over the wound, but not touching the skin. He appears as if he his grabbing something, pulls it out but then throws it on the ground. But there is nothing on the ground and the wound looks the same.
(Crazy, confirms Sloor. Utterly and completely crazy. He still throws a glance at his other two (tentative) companions, see if it makes sense to humans at least...)

"Alright then. I would suggest we get that information as soon as we are able. I will see of R5 here can give us a hand."
"Waste awf your time," predicts Sloor, heading back out.

I WOULD BE PLEASED TO ACCOMPANY YOU FOR THE TIME BEING, the droid replies via text on the screen. BUT BE ASSURED THAT I AM NO BEING'S PROPERTY SAVE FOR MYSELF.
TB, reading over Mir's shoulder, manages to look very smug indeed as it does a little celebratory dance of its own. It emits a lightning fast series of bleep, bloob and wheeps that still manage to sound like pressing questions.

[Sblock=Binary]«Basically inquiring about how R5 managed to become self-owning.[/sblock]
Ponda replies to Sloor's small talk. He is originally from Coruscant, but forced to move as the anti-alien sentiment got too much for him. He says that he was originally a security guard for a primarily human banking establishment, but was fired due to the COMPNOR sensitivities of the patrons.
"Rawf," sympathizes the besalisk as he picks up a blasted off limb, careful not to get too much gore on his furred jacket. "You ask me, Panda, you're better awf awn the rim. Mawr elbaw room... Mawr people like you and me... Mawr awpawrtunities taw GRAB!" As if in illustration he stomps *down*, flipping one of the door guard's huge vibroaxes up into his right hand -- the upper since he's still holding his pistol in the lower. He points the blade Ponda's way, "Speaking awf, you gawt anything planned fawr the rest awf the day?"

Assuming not:
"Well, there's this desk I'd want delivered... sawm items that need selling." He thumps the other once or twice on the shoulder before shaking him in a friendly sort of way, "I like you, spirk, saw let's say a hundred and fifty, PLUS fifteen percent of what you sell." He watches the other's reaction with interrest.

«Has the conversation revealed if Ponda has any special skills? Perticularly in the Persuassion/Haggle, Gather Information, or any of the Knowledges?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After Mack examines the remains of Switch, he decides it may not matter, as Mir appears to be getting the information out of the R5 unit. He takes out his tool kit and offers to help Mir with the R5 droid, “Let me see what I can do with it.”

First he needs to verify the droid’s attitude towards the group, it appears to be friendly based on its limited conversation with Mir.

Conversationally he will speak with Mir while he works, “You know, while it is noble to be generous with your money and not be about this business for profit, we are apparently starting our own little guerrilla unit. All organizations of that nature need money and weapons, we might need to let Sloor run amuck to keep us supplied with enough credits to effectively operate. I just hope we can trust him.”

To the rest of the group, “I do think that we need to thoroughly search these bodies and gather up anything of value before dumping out the trash. I can help once I am done here.”

<<OOC: Waiting on 2 things, Switch’s condition and R5’s attitude.>>

Last edited:

possum

First Post
From your conversion with Ponda, Sloor is able to tell that the Aqualish isn't particularly skilled at much. Even being hired muscle in a situation like this isn't entirely suited to him, it seems. As Sloor searches Ganga's corpse during the conversation, he finds a comlink on him, as well as 300 Imperial credits.

Switch's desk contains nothing of any real use for you, though some of it would be helpful for R5. Datapads containing information that does not concern you, mainly.

R5 lets out a cheerful warble as Sloor negotiates to his liking.

PM: Make a mechanics check, even if it's untrained, to see what you think of Switch's condition. The droid does seem friendly with the group.

Songdragon

Explorer
[sblock=ooc:] Do we know yet what we are supposed to get? I got from R5 that is is somewhere on Blue deck, but not what or where on Blue deck it may be. I also thought Mir was talking to R5. Just wanting to move along.

Loot the goons for anything of worth (Mack can get his credits back), there are lots of weapons, and anything else those now dead may have.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

As Sloor searches Ganga's corpse during the conversation, he finds a comlink on him, as well as 300 Imperial credits.
«Credits pocketed.

“I do think that we need to thoroughly search these bodies and gather up anything of value before dumping out the trash. I can help once I am done here.”

"That's what I'm trying taw setup with Panda here,"
explains Sloor as he steps back in to dump the last of his gruesome cargo. "Unless you're keen taw haul an arsenal through the gangways?"

Hands free, the besalisk slowly drops his weight on a cargo crate, teeth a little tight from the blaster burn but now feeling secure enough to somewhat relax. "TB, you fine drawid you, I think I'm in the mood fawr sawm healing naw, if you wouldn't mind."

"Your delicate consideration for others always brings a tear to my lens,"
grumphs the leggy droid as it dances over, an annoyed but dutiful metal spider. "It's not like I was having the most important conversation of my existance or anything of the kind."

Sloor throws him a 'what ARE you talking about?' look before shrugging it away : later. Right now his main concern is, "Saw when daw we move? And where?" he asks the others as TB sets to work. "If we're running awn nawn-stawp AND you gawt the canstitutiawn, Mack man, I knaw a bawncutter dawn in Marringay, patch you up within an hawer. Your creds, awf cawrse." And that gives him time to stach the desk away somewhere, maybe even pawn some of the weaponry if Ponda isn't too hot about earning easy creds (what is it with madmen today?).

[sblock=Healing]Sloor attempts to Aid: 1d20+1=14 successful.

TB takes 10 = 17 + 1 level + 2 medpack + 2 aid another = 7 HP regained. Sloor is now at 18 HP[/sblock]

Last edited:

possum

First Post
By now, Sloor can see that Ganga isn't dead, despite the Chevin crimelord wishing that he was. As Lor slowly begins to come to, the squat creature feels that his head is ten times as big as it really is.

R5 chirps up at Mir's curiosity. I PERSONALLY DO NOT KNOW MUCH BEYOND THE BASIC DIMENSIONS OF THE CARGO, the droid replies on the display. I DO KNOW THAT IT IS 2 METERS LONG AND ONE ACROSS AND WEIGHS APPROXIMATELY 200 KILOGRAMS. THE REST IS IN SWITCH'S HIGHLY ENCRYPTED FILES, AND EVEN I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THEM.

Looking over the blaster-shot body of Switch, Mack is able to see that it's likely very improbable that he or anyone on the station would be able to get the droid up and running again, if only for the fact that the costs of repairing him would exceed the amount needed to purchase a new 3PO unit.

Nebten

First Post
Well is there some kind of cargo depot within the Blue Deck. How many ports are there on the Blue Deck that ships station at?

Binder Fred

«I'm suggesting the back conversation around the desk continue, but gets whisper quiet from now on, at least until Ganga is out of earshot. Sensible precaution, right?

By now, Sloor can see that Ganga isn't dead, despite the Chevin crimelord wishing that he was. As Lor slowly begins to come to, the squat creature feels that his head is ten times as big as it really is.
Not bothering to get up, the besalisk raises his heavy blaster, pointing it straight between Ganga's beady eyes. "Tawld you nawt taw attack when strangers were abawt... Gawd news is: the drawid's slag -- cangratulatian. Bad news is: you, frecked, me, awf." Sloor enunciates every syllable, so that the other sees the awesome importance of that fact... "What daw you prawpawse taw daw abawt it?"

«If he attempts to stand up, gesture him back down with the end of his blaster. If he doesn't comply, see below.
«Ready action: fire on Ganga if he makes any sudden moves.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Upon seeing the destroyed Switch is beyond repair, Mack looks back to Sloor, with a little incomprehension. A short glance reveals that the unconscious crime boss is waking up, but Sloor appears to have that well in hand and trusts him to take care of the looting properly.

He calls out to Sloor, “The medical attention would be a good idea, I can walk and get around okay now, but I am far from combat ready, let me at least catch my second wind.”
<< OOC: He will take his second wind now, at 17/31 hp>>

Turning back to Mir and the R5 droid he speaks in a much quieter tone, “Where would these encrypted files be, in this computer?” Mack turns to the computer and begins to look into it and says, “First let’s try and get some schematics of the rest of the station and download them to this datapad we got from Maya. Knowing the location was only part of the assignment, we need to know how to retrieve the cargo as well. R5, do you have any data on how to get the cargo out?”
<< Take 10 for 16 on Use Computer Check on the computer terminal.>>

Remove ads