Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mach asks Mir, "Do you happen to know anything about these natives? Perhaps they are a little war-like and primitive, and an individual test of strength might actually be just what we need. It doesn't appear to be causing a complete resumption of hostilities. Back in the unit, there is always a pecking order and you have to establish it somehow. Perhaps Vazus will shed some light on this. He doesn't appear to be concerned."

MackSmall.jpg

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Saw, you and me 'kid'," challenges a grinning Sloor, feet planted, four arms spread and ready. "Winner leads the charge against the imperials!"

As the felucian tries to engage, Sloor uses his READIED action to haul him over his head, flip him upside-down and *toss him at the water at his feet*!

There is a mighty splash.

«AKA as a PIN maneuver: 16 to hit, if the felucian can't beat a 16 on a grapple test, then 10 damage and kid felucian can't act on his next turn. 1d20+4=16, 1d20+6=16, 1d6+4=10. Let's say its non-lethal damage, represented by the water impact, since this is a friendly strength contest and all. :devil:

Last edited:

possum

First Post
With a large splash, the challenging Felucian loses his contest and is thrown into the water. He spends a few seconds under the shallow water before slowly getting up. He speaks something in his native language which Vazus interprets as surrender.

"Now that that's over," Vazus says to the rest of the group. "I suggest we head over to the village. You can rest for a short while there, and I may have something that can help you there."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mach comes up behind Sloor and gives him a friendly congratulatory pat on the back, "You sure know how to make splashing impression, huh? Not afraid to make waves either."

He dons his helmet again and prepares to continue the trek, heading towards the Felucian village, wondering what this 'something' Vazus mentioned might be. He shares his thoughts with the besalisk, "I kinda hope this *something* is an airspeeder or even better yet an AT-AT walker, Both items could be useful. Of course while we are wishing, a ground to space Ion cannon might be more important for our getaway when we need to leave."

MackSmall.jpg

Last edited:

possum

First Post
The trek to the village takes around half an hour, with Vazus speaking to you all along the way. He correctly surmises that you mean to venture into the Imperial facility nearby. He says that he has something else that will help with the facility, but he's not carrying it on him "for obvious reasons."

Eventually, you reach the village, a small by galactic core standards settlement carved out of the giant fungi littering the area. The other villagers mill about the area, and look at you curiously and are somewhat alert.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
EDIT= Oops, took too long to compose this apparently. :)

Mach comes up behind Sloor and gives him a friendly congratulatory pat on the back, "You sure know how to make splashing impression, huh? Not afraid to make waves either."

"Refreshing," agrees the Besalisk with a victor's grin. Distracting too... Now- now it's back to frecking planet duty... Sloor circles one heavily muscled arm around the beaten felucian and starts walking towards the village, "Saw what's your name, kid?" he asks before tapping himself in the chest with another hand, "Sloor Sanbraiz. Sla-oo-ruh... And what's this trouble with the imperials anyway?"

«Try to communicate as best they can, through gestures and such, since Kid Felucian seems to understand some of what they're saying anyways. GATHER INFORMATION 1d20+8=18

Mack dons his helmet again and prepares to continue the trek, heading towards the Felucian village, wondering what this 'something' Vazus mentioned might be. He shares his thoughts with the besalisk, "I kinda hope this *something* is an airspeeder or even better yet an AT-AT walker, Both items could be useful. Of course while we are wishing, a ground to space Ion cannon might be more important for our getaway when we need to leave."

"Wish fawr a gift-wrapped admiral,"
suggests the always practical alien, though he punctuates it with a friendly knock on Mack's armor.

Back at the original scene, TB calmly picks up the unconscious felucian its owner was formerly wearing on one shoulder and hauls him into a carrying position, its spindly manipulator surprisingly strong for their size. "He and the wounded one should awaken shortly, miss Mir. Neither of their lives are in danger." Its glowing optics scan over the retreating backs of Sloor, Mack and Keyton... "No more so than present circonstances dictates anyway," it wrily amends.

«Scene change, so I suggest we assume TB patches up all those that want patching. Sloor gains back 9 HP for a total 23/24. No medpac used. Please correct me if I'm assuming too much, Possum.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"Wish fawr a gift-wrapped admiral," suggests the always practical alien, though he punctuates it with a friendly knock on Mack's armor.
Mack chuckles, "Yeah, that would help make this mission mighty easy now wouldn't it."

--------------------------------

Mack brings up the rear, scanning the village for anything threatening, "Sloor, it looks kinda quaint if you like mushrooms and fungi for decor. While we are here relaxing, maybe they have more fun and games you can play. 'Toss the Felucian' seemed to go over pretty well, maybe they like 'Ring Around the Toadstool' too."

MackSmall.jpg

Nebten

First Post
Keyton will help up the one he wounded and assist in carrying him to the village if the native allows him. He also asks TB to take care of the wound that was inflicted upon him during the fight (auto 9 hps, right? I should be a full then)

Once they get to the village, Keyton reaches out with his hand and moves his fingers as if he was lightly playing a piano.

Any help you can provide us would be greatly appricated. Is there any chance we could talk to the leader? Perhaps the locals could provide a distraction for us for our mission.

possum

First Post
OOC: Perceptions, please.

You're not long in the village before an elderly looking--or at least you think he or she may be elderly--approaches you and Mandrake. He speaks something to the able-bodied Felucian who quickly carries his lightsaber-wounded companion away.

"He asks you why you are here," Vazus translates, adding that the chief wishes to hear you speak the words, even if he cannot understand them.

Mir and Keyton hear strange gutteral whispers as the chief stares straight into your eyes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases