Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack says, "Well, let me take a look at it," and takes out his Mechanical Interface Visor to examine the detonator and device itself.

"I am pretty sure that I can put it in place to properly do its job. I might even get lucky and place it real well to bring the whole facility crashing in."

<<Take 10 on Mechanics +9 for 19, should be routine enough to tell me about the detonator, trigger, and approximate damage output, I would think.>>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

possum

First Post
It's definitely a big bomb, and it will likely take a small-sized facility down. It's set on a timer, that you can easily see.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack examines the timer and ensures it is not set and running. He informs the others, "Well, I think this will do the job. I suppose I better hang on to it."

Putting it aside he turns to Vazus and says, "Thanks for this. It should be very useful. What can you tell us about the facility itself? Layout, defenses, numbers of personnel, or any other useful intel, would be great."

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

possum

First Post
"I haven't really gotten a good luck at it, to be honest," Vazus says. "It's two stories tall, with one large blast door. The only defenses I could see was a large turret near the door."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
<<OOC: Going to take a liberty here on the scene and assume that the Felucians will come to our planning session.>>

Mack looks around the table at his companions and then asks Vazus, "Can we get the Felucian scout or guide in here? And anyone else that might have useful intel would be great as well." While he waits he gathers some of the little items scattered around and begins placing them on the cleared space of the table to start making a mock-up of the facility and its surroundings.

Once everyone is present Mack starts pointing out what things represent and getting the positions right, "Okay. This is the facility and this is the turret. Are these positions roughly correct and where's the door? Okay. Thanks."

"Now, about this turret. Can someone point out what they think its fields of fire are and where the blind spots might be in its coverage?" Mack uses the little items to mark this data on the mock-up.

"Okay, what's the terrain like? Any significant cover to used and where is it?" He marks this on the mock-up as well. "That should do it for the terrain. Does anyone know if the facility has an underground section? Maybe someone observed the facility during the construction process and had a peek."

Mack stands there looking at the mock-up and rubs the stubble on his chin as he considers. He asks more questions with the aid of Vazus interpreting, "So which direction is our ingress from? What are we looking at for imperial patrols in the area? Your scouts must have seen or had contact with them, correct? Any mechanical units, like walkers or speeders? I would like to know about night time activities as well. Is it safe to travel at night around here?"

"Are there any good spots for us to set up a hidden observation post to survey the facility's surroundings safely? Whenever any of the Felucian's have approached the facility what was the imperial's response? How do you suppose they detected them and how far away from the facility were they?"

"Other than our guide here are we having anyone else coming with us on this operation? I am thinking a diversion or distraction might be very useful."

[sblock=OOC] Sorry to ask you a lot of questions at once but I figure it better to get them all out there and answered in one shot in the PbP environment. Also I am trying to role-play this properly. Mack would want to thoroughly plan this operation. I am thinking that with enough accurate intel from the locals we should be able to have a fairly accurate picture of the situation. He would pick their brains until he was sure he had every available nugget of information.

From a meta-game point of view this would probably translate into a look at the next Tac Grid of the outside of the facility. And basic tactical information regarding what the opposition is going to look like.[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir watches and listens to what Mack has to say while she takes a break from helping TB with the children. She adds, "I do hope that there is another way in. In how it was described, that front door does make for easy entry. I might be able to help getting close with my abilities, but it does not last long."

Nebten

First Post
What would be the odds that they have a back door ;). Maybe they have scouts. If we are able to ambush the scouts, take their armor, we might be able to get through those blast doors. Once inside, the ruse maybe short lived but we can last longer inside then a frontal assault.

possum

First Post
Verimak, having entered the meeting during the interim, begins speaking as Mack's questions are translated. He mentions something about a secret door that he discovered while hunting near the area a week or two ago.

possum

First Post
Verimak, having entered the meeting during the interim, begins speaking as Mack's questions are translated. He mentions something about a secret door that he discovered while hunting near the area a week or two ago.

Remove ads