Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack marks the location of the secret door on the mock-up and smiles at the Felucian's contribution. "So maybe we don't need a diversion to go in the front door after all."

Through the translator Mack asks, "Can we reach this secret door without being observed by the turret? Also do your hunters have any other information on imperial activity?"

[sblock=OOC]Eh? After all of the questions I asked, Songdragon's and Nebten's is the only one to be answered?
Most important questions:
1. Night time operations, practical or not.
2. Imperial patrols, exist or not? Do they have mech units with them?
3. Does the facility have any early warning? Should be answerable if the they responded to the Felucian's getting close.
4. Any other Felucian's besides the guide going with us?[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

possum

First Post
Vazus answers the rest of the questions, now free of the interuption of the scout. He explains that there isn't any real difference in patrols during night and day, and there doesn't seem to be that huge of a presence--at least visible. He's seen at least one of the new AT-STs, and believes that there may be a few of the RTs still around in the base. There have been speeder bike patrols in the jungle, but they've never gotten close to their hidden village.

Verimak was never seen, and he admits the entrance was actually a half-broken grate that leads inside. He also says that he will be the only one accompaning the group.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack nods appreciatively while listening to the man share his information. Afterward, he remarks, "AT-STs and maybe some RTs too, huh? That's frakkin great, and me without a grenade launcher. Well, best bet is to avoid them since you don't have an AT version tucked away here in the village. I am not too stealthy, but can Verimak get us to this secret passage without being spotted or discovered? That would be the best course of action."

The soldier turns to his companions and asks, "
Any other ideas? Can you make us invisible with those mystical powers of yours, Miss Mir?"

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir smiles and considers the thought a moment. "If needed I could come up with suitable camouflage for say... 10 seconds or so. While I know how to hide myself sight, I was never taught to hide others. Perhaps something I could work on, but not something for the mission at hand. Sorry." she says with a wry grin.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack doesn't show any disappointment with Mir's answer, his mind already looking for another solution. He turns to the Felucian scout and asks with the help of the translator, "Since you are adept at sneaking in close, can you help us with some camouflage to help us blend in with the terrain on our approach." He hopes this will not mean dressing up as a man size mushroom, bringing to mind a costume akin to a teenager dressed up as a hot dog for his after school part-time job.

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Nebten

First Post
This folliage can act as cover enough. AT-STs and RT's won't be of much use of a small force like ours. If they only think the way in is the front doors, then that will be were their main focus will be. I think we have a starting of an assault but without knowledge of the insides, we are probably going to have to wing once we get to the base.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack nods in agreement, "Affirmative, you are probably right, Keyton. Everything will have to be improvised once we are inside. The only thing we can be sure about, is that we have a device that can bring the whole thing down once we are ready to leave. Flexibility will be the name of the game when inside. Anything else we can think of, or are we ready to finish up our business here in the village and get some rest before this op begins?"

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Remove ads