[pfrpg]

rangerjohn

Explorer
Characters in Signature

How is it done, FitD? It won't allow me to do so, says I have to many lines.

Even though I spoiler blocked it. Also updated sheet, no horses or wagon.

grufflehead

First Post
Seriously, though, I just don't want people changing characters over and over again. I'm fine with her the way she is, but looking at your Ranger version, that's good also. Basically: if you're happy, that's great. And great sheet, btw!

Yep, skills and misc stuff like HP and saves are virtually the same but now I feel I can do something nobody else can so I think it benefits the party.

The sheet is lifted from one down by a friend of mine who runs another pbp on ENWorld. If anyone else has trouble, format your sheet in another application, then put it in the [ code ][/ code ] tags and it shoud stay lined up!

Also: thanks all of you for sticking with this as we get off to a start. I'll do my best to make it worth your while!

As a group we've put more effort into the game set up than almost all the other pbps I've played and I think we'll reap the benefits once everyone makes any last tweaks. Thanks for letting us finesse things a bit FitD

SelcSilverhand

First Post
If you have access to photoshop, I found that very easy to do my outdoor maps in. I would find a background that I liked that showed a perspective from high up. Then I would turn on the grid and adjust it to my liking. After that I would visit the WotC Miniatures gallery where they have images of every single mini they released. Right click and save the image, use the masking wand to select all the backgrounds, invert the mask, then save the image as a transparent ".GIF". I could then copy and paste it onto my map background. Because photoshop uses layers, each time I paste it becomes a new layer I can move around the map. This means that if I save my project I can come back later, select the right layer, and move that character around the map without having to start from scratch. Once you have the map you want, take a screen shot and crop out everything but the map, save it, and post it.

Here is an example and another one from one of my games.

It sounds like a lot of work, but after I puzzled it out I got to liking it.

Edit: Ohh, and if I go waaay back, I can find this gem of a map... ; )

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'd like to do over my character for the equipment aspect, is poison use considered evil (Guessing so, just wanted to ask and make sure)

Yes. Well, depends. If you have a knockout poison, that's fine. You have a death attack, so I don't see the point: free mechanic for death, no poison needed.

technically, for you and me, killing someone is evil. It might have benefits, but it's generally frowned upon nonetheless. That said, it's still a part of D&D (*or seems to be)

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
OK

would it be possible that my character would have access to drow KO poison?
I see that as more of a rarity in the surface world. It's your call.

If someone makes their fortitude save or I screw up somehow, I could use the poison to take them out anyway, Also, and I'll put this in the updated version, the Death Attack can paralyze if I want it to.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Updated Julius

[sblock=Sheet]Rogue 5/Assassin 1

HP: 39
AC: 16/17 (Dodge) (10+ 4 Dexterity+ 2 Leather +1 Dodge)

STR: 16
DEX: 19
CON: 13
INT: 16
WIS: 11
CHA: 13

Attacks:
Composite Shortbow: +8 (1d6+3)
2 Daggers: +4/+4 (1d4+3/1d4+1)
Dagger (Thrown): +8 (1d4+3)
Longsword: +2 (1d8+3)
Sneak Attack +4d6 when flanked or otherwise flat-footed

Death Attack: If an assassin studies his victim for 3 rounds and then makes a sneak attack with a melee weapon that successfully deals damage, the sneak attack has the additional effect of possibly either paralyzing or killing the target (assassin's choice). Studying the victim is a standard action. The death attack fails if the target detects the assassin or recognizes the assassin as an enemy (although the attack might still be a sneak attack if the target is denied his Dexterity bonus to his Armor Class or is flanked). If the victim of such a death attack fails a Fortitude save (DC 10 + the assassin's class level + the assassin's Int modifier) against the kill effect, she dies. If the saving throw fails against the paralysis effect, the victim is rendered helpless and unable to act for 1d6 rounds plus 1 round per level of the assassin. If the victim's saving throw succeeds, the attack is just a normal sneak attack. Once the assassin has completed the 3 rounds of study, he must make the death attack within the next 3 rounds.
If a death attack is attempted and fails (the victim makes her save) or if the assassin does not launch the attack within 3 rounds of completing the study, 3 new rounds of study are required before he can attempt another death attack.

Skills: Acrobatics +14 (6 ranks), Appraise +12 (6 ranks), Bluff +10 (6), Climb +12 (6), Disable Device +14 (6), Disguise +10 (6), Intimidate +10 (6), Perception +10 (6), Stealth +14 (6), Diplomacy +8 (4)

Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Dodge

Rogue Talents: Fast Stealth, Rogue Crawl

Equipment: 3 bottles of oil, 6 torches, flint and steel, thieves tools, 2 daggers, shortbow, backpack, bedroll, leather armor, 10 doses of KO Poison (75gp each)

KO Poison: Type: Injury, Onset: Instant, Frequency: 1/Min for 2 mins, Effect: Unconscious for 1 min/2d4 Hours, 1 save (DC 13)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases