[pfrpg]

fireinthedust

Explorer
@Everyone: I've done some prep work! I've got one of the sites you might stumble across detailed, including monsters and stats and suchnot, so that's fun. I'm just about ready to go now, so if we can get some more players going we can do just that.

Also, I've tried one PC, and I'll try making some more just to get a sense of what you folks will be able to do. I personally made a Gnome Bard, and those guys rock; I'm shocked I don't have a party of Bards here, people! :p

I'm liking what I'm seeing here, too. I want to meet these Ulfen adventurers, Varisian Clerics, and whatevertheheckelseweendupwith other folks.

I'll try to update the Character list and rules/house rules as best I can above. Right now I'm off to work!

ghostcat

First Post
Cool! Let's see the stats. Do some shopping, and remember: NOTHING Masterwork *yet*.

@everyone: And let me know if you folks are going to pitch in for a wagon! Or food, or a mule, or whatever the entire party could use.
I'd better rework Sir Angus to remove his master work Bastard Sword then.

Angus will pitch in for the wagon etc. Is it OK that he has his own "combat trained" horse?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I edited my cleric to remove the masterwork gear, so I think I'm all set now. I'll pitch in money for a cart and mule so we have something to carry some decent food in. Who wants to live on trail rations for weeks? Plus given my strength and the stuff I'm already carrying I don't think I could carry my own food =P

ghostcat

First Post
@fireinthedust

Are we allowed alchemist items such as everlasting lights, tanglefoot bags, etc?

I am assuming not, unless told otherwise.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Ghostcat: yeah, let's limit that for now. I want to focus on bare essentials, at the start. Not that you couldn't just go buy some later (after locating an alchemist's shop), but we're starting out higher than first as it is.
Basically, I want to start as "real" as we can get, before going "fantastic". Like... George Martin-styles.
Oil would be fine, though. Same thing for supplies like a vial of acid, or poison, or something. Just not "a bag of thunder" or whatever. matter of fact.

Also: not to sound 4e, but do we have the team basics covered? Like: Defense/tank, striker/damage, healer/buffs/"leader", etc.?

rangerjohn

Explorer
So basically I need to drop the concept. As a dragon disciple he would not be accepted by the culture. They hate dragons. Also a martial class is a requirement of the class. They have to have access to all martial weapons. As for how he earned his living, he is both a sailor and a guide.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'll toss in for the wagon and mule, too.

Rangerjohn, are you ok with having met while still in the land of the Linnorm Kings and having travelled south together? I'm not exactly sure what route would be best though it sounds like you would travel by ship as much as possible. Ship isn't ideal for me but is workable. If we do this it would mean that we've adventured/worked together for most of my/our pc's six levels. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas about it I'm willing to hear them.

For the rest of you/us, did we all meet for this job or do we have a history together? I think a little bit of history together would be great and give us incentive to stick together later on. If you can tolerate my pc and his corn-fed smurf, that is.

FitD, will Augment Summoning feat apply to the summoner's Summon Monster SLA? As for roles, I've been thinking about that some. My eidolon will most closely fit into the 'striker' role. Sindri is a little more problematic. He'll provide summons and buffs but once he's done with that he'll probably provide a little (crossbow) archery support. I'm rearranging my stats to better fulfill this, if that's ok.

Also, FitD, do you have objections to Chaotic Neutral alignment? It seems to be the best fit for self-centered but ultimately harmless. If you think it'll be a problem I'll go with Chaotic Good instead.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Fireinthedust, sounds like you really want to start at 1st level. I had trouble spending what I did, and with no special purchases, 2000 gp is way too much.
What do you envision us a trading company or something? Also, you apparently, don't want the prestige classes, without the background. Decide what you really want, and I'll design a new character.

If you decide to the current parameters, here are some answers to you questions.

As for meeting up with other character, if I'm still Ulfen that sounds good. For the Exile, I imagine it would depend on the individual in question. For the most part I'm not welcome in the country, but I imagine, there are some I either had to fight or flee. As for lodges I don't know the choices and how that would affect my character. I haven't seen a description of them, like the Shoanti have. As for family, I would say my father and brothers were part of the lodge, and it was a disgrace to the family, when the heritage was discovered. For a wife, I doubt I was old enough for one before I was exciled. Now a girlfriend/fiancee on the other hand has possiblities.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Glasseye said:

Rangerjohn, are you ok with having met while still in the land of the Linnorm Kings and having travelled south together? I'm not exactly sure what route would be best though it sounds like you would travel by ship as much as possible. Ship isn't ideal for me but is workable. If we do this it would mean that we've adventured/worked together for most of my/our pc's six levels. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas about it I'm willing to hear them.

If you recall, he is in exile for his own heritage, I doubt he would have a problem even if he knew the true story. I see him judging an individual by his actions, rather his past or who was in his family. Thinking about that if it isn't to far for the gold dragon line, I may even switch to chaotic good, for the individual freedom part.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases