Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Lou

Explorer
Laptop has failed, so I'm trying to get up and going again.

Ordered replacement fan and heatsink for $56. Then won auction on ebay for used same-model laptop in working order for $202.

Both fan and laptop are supposed to arrive on Friday, so I hope to be back to "normal" then.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I have just become aware of a variant rule that can allow wizards to regain expended spells two or more times in a single day. I have not yet seen the whole rule, but I have requested that the full text be made available. Anyway, what I have seen so far is this:

from Mark chance's Spes Magna games

Ten-Minute Rest Period

Once per encounter, characters may attempt a ten-minute rest period. Ten minutes of uninterrupted rest is a rest period. This period may include no more activity than conversation and light activity. Character abilities and class features that were previously granted “per day” are instead granted “per rest.” “Per rest” abilities include such things as rage, smite, and wild shape, as well as some spellcasting (see below). Regardless of how many 10-minute rest periods taken in a day, all abilities are refreshed once every 24 hours as normal. After a successful rest period, the following happens:

* All “per rest” class abilities are refreshed.
* All characters heal an amount of hit points equal to 25% of their normal, maximum hit point total.
* All characters recover 2 points of ability damage.
* All spell slots used to cast routine spells are refreshed (for spontaneous casters), or all routine spells are refreshed (for casters that prepare spells). Routine spells include all 0-level spells and any single-target spell with a duration of 1 min/level or less.

A 10-minute rest period does not recover spells/spell slots used to cast restricted or ritual spells. Restricted spells are those that:

* Have an area of effect or multiple targets
* Have a duration of 10 minutes per level or longer
* Are Conjuration (creation, calling, or teleport) spells

Restricted spells/spell slots can be recovered after a 10-minute rest period for 1 Action Point each.

Ritual spells are those that have unusual/expensive material components. In a standard campaign, this also includes the big four gamebreakers: commune, divination, raise dead, and teleport. “Edge case” spells that create permanent goods (water, food, iron) may be classified as ritual spells at DM’s discretion, along with any other spell which, by reputation or overuse, proves disruptive to the campaign

Comments are invited. Oh, and I'm also considering whether we should switch to Pathfinder rules, either totally, or at least as far as making cantrips at-will powers, presuming that this has not already been done and DeWar tells me that he believes it has, but we all know he's not to be trusted about such things.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I think WulfRatbane has the whole thing either here on En world or linked from here to trailblazer dot com.

[MENTION=94]Wulf Ratbane[/MENTION], are you still around?

Remove ads