will these monsters appear in 4e?

Yqatuba

First Post
Wondering if they will appear in a future product they sound interesting:

Umbrals
Intelligibles
Entities
Infinitaur (whats that like a minotaur with infinite horns?)
Quark Golem

also are your angels in 4e going to be good or any alignment like in regular 4e?

Belzamus

First Post
From what I remember of the Chronicle thread, the Infinitaur is a Far Realm Entity that specializes in murdering Sidereals; U_K's adventure seed had the players fighting off the head of a Cogent invasion on top of a massive, geometrically-suspect tower, only to discover, after they killed the thing, that they were in reality battling atop one of the horns of the Infinitaur.

Anyway, I'd love to see all of those; about the only reason I'll buy the 4E products, since I don't actually play it (or any version, any more).

Yqatuba said:
Wondering if they will appear in a future product they sound interesting:

Umbrals
Intelligibles
Entities
Infinitaur
Quark Golem

I have plans for all the above, and tons of stuff not on that list.

The problem is of course not in the planning, but getting books finished. :eek:

However, the plan (for what its worth) would see a number of Bestiaries after the Vampire based one. The first two (of a planned 7) would be...

Astral themed (Abominations, Angels, Devils, Grigori etc.)
Shadowfell themed (Daemons, Umbrals, Undead etc.)

Of course each would have its own unique monsters, dragons, golems, new races and so forth. I basically have the Astral themed one fully planned.

There is no way either of those will show up before 2011, but its possible they could both show up in 2011.

The order is still:

Vampire Bestiary - I should (fingers crossed) have this completed within 3 weeks.
Serpent Riders - hopefully by the Summer

(probably Revised 3.5 Bestiary and Ascension)
Immortals Index - Canaanite Mythos - hopefully Autumn
Immortals Handbook - Legendary Tier - hopefully Winter

Astral Bestiary - 2011

After that I'll get to see how each of the four elements is received (Bestiary, Adventure, Index, Immortals Handbook) and we can progress from there.

Infinitaur (whats that like a minotaur with infinite horns?)

No. I know exactly what it looks like, but I am not saying at this stage. Its pretty cool though. ;)

also are your angels in 4e going to be good or any alignment like in regular 4e?

Thats a good question. I prefer the idea that the PCs can battle Angels even if they are both Good-aligned. Angels might have their own agenda, where sometimes the 'greater good' might call for the death of thousands or millions. Putting them at odds with the PCs.

In addition there also exists the possibility of each God having their own Angels. Kali in the Vampire Bestiary has her Angels of Blood for instance.

The new Angelic Hierarchy has about 3 times as many angels in it, so its a lot more detailed.

Remove ads