D&D 4th Edition Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g) - Page 13




+ Log in or register to post
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 292
  1. #121
    Raijin turns from the collapsed hallway through the door. The spark from the crystal catches his eye. This talisman is still active, it will animate the dead and draw them here. He looks up ominously.

    OOC
    Arcana 1d20+5=23

 

  • #122
    ooc: Are you guys waiting for something from me?

  • #123
    ooc


    sorry, been a little busy. Headed to bed now, but I'll post after work tomorrow.

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #124
    Lily nodded in knowing agreement with Raijin, then suddenly she seemed to remember something that might be important. Um....so how many bodies did we pass coming in? Oh and this is a temple right? I wonder if they buried people here. She poked the crystal with the end of her boot. What do you think the range is on this thing? Maybe we should break it... Of course that would release all the energy at one time. I'm not sure what that would do. Maybe we better start burning bodies, until we figure out how to turn this thing off.

    Lily glanced toward the mural, looking first at the end then quickly working her way back to where Iaros had been studying when they first came into the chamber, looking for some clue as to how it might have been deactivated last time.

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #125
    From both the murals and Iaros's comments, you surmise that the necromantic energies of the crystal will recede at dawn. You would just need to survive until then.

    You hear a loud crash from upstairs, followed by a weird, unnatural cry.

  • #126
    Let us stick together. Come with me and we will strike down these abominations. Raijin moves to the stairs...

  • #127
    Nothing jumps out at you as you approach the stairs.

  • #128
    Lily glanced upward at the sound from overhead. Hmm...maybe we should get going.

    I think we should leave the crystal here, if they're attracted to it, no sense carrying it around with us. Besides this place is deserted, if the dead come here at least there is no one for the dead to hurt. She paused thoughtfully. Well except us...

    On that thought Lily started toward the stairway, Lith moving silently ahead of he. Reaching the base of the stairs something seemed to occur to her. Someone better watch out behind us, she gestured toward Iaros' body, he's liable to get up again.

    ooc


    When we go up the stairs, she'll let Lith lead the way if no one objects.

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #129
    ooc: Large post coming later today. If there's anything you want to do to Iaros's body or whatever before heading up the stairs, post it soon.

  • #130
    Upon reaching the top of the stairs, you hear a repetition of the strange cry. You turn towards the doors and thanks to the pale moonlight you can see a horrific vision: the forest is alive with rotting corpses. Some are the bandits outside, slowly pulling themselves to their feet. Some are much older, little more than skeletons. Some are animals, wolves and deer mostly, although there might be a bear or two. There are hundreds, maybe thousands. And they are shambling towards your position. Not particularly quickly, mind you, but they are coming.

    Skill Challenge: The Siege Begins
    You need to "zombie-proof" the temple as quickly as possible. So far the undead are sluggish and slow to react, an opportunity you should take as much advantage of as you can.

    The DC is 15, and you need 8 successes to pass. On any turn none of you attempt a primary skill check, you will receive one automatic failure.

    Primary Skills: Athletics, Dungeoneering, Religion, Thievery.
    Secondary Skills: Perception, anything else you can justify (but you better have a good reason for how Streetwise is going to help).

    You need to be adjacent to an entrance to fortify it. So if Zhen wants to use a box to barricade a door, he has to be next to the door, but he can assume that there is a willing box nearby.

    The rocks are difficult terrain. The bookcases block movement and line of sight, but you can move between them. The braziers can be lit.

    To represent you showing some hustle, on the first round you get an additional move action.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chapel_p1_r0.jpg  

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 04:06 PM
    3. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM
    4. Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)
      By Stringbean2142 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 725
      Last Post: Thursday, 18th February, 2010, 09:30 PM
    5. Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 418
      Last Post: Sunday, 29th November, 2009, 08:48 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •