D&D 4th Edition Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g) - Page 14




  1. #131
    Raijin sees and hears the horrible sounds from outside. He burst into motion, running very fast to the far side of the temple. We must block the doors, he says in a raised voice before toppling a stack of boxes away from the far wall.

    OOC

    Move action 1: Run to M13
    Move action 2: Run more, is U11 considered adjacent to the front doors? If not I will run to T14
    Standard action: Athletics 1d20+4=11 sorry folks, I will try to post early and do assists from now on.

 

  • #132
    Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    garyh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    5,840

    Ignore garyh
    Zhen dashes all the way across the chamber, then effortlessly hoists a large rock and uses it to block part of the entrance.

    Mechanics
    Double move - Run twice to V7.

    Move action (converted standard) - Athletics to place large rock in front of the door.

    Athletics (1d20+11=19)


    Zhen's Info
    Li "Zhen" Zhenyu - Male Half-Orc Monk 1
    Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17, Low-Light Vision
    AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 15, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
    HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 8/8
    Action Points: 1
    Resists: None

    Powers:
    Crane's Wings
    Five Storms
    Stone Fist Flurry of Blows

    Furious Assault
    Half-Orc Resilience
    Rising Storm
    Second Wind

    Spinning Leopard Maneuver
    Potion of Healing x1

    Full character sheet
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

  • #133
    ooc
    So, neither Farce nor Rickroll has been on for about two weeks. There are a number of ways we could proceed.

    1. NPC them. If we do this, I'll probably delegate responsibility to a couple volunteers, as I have no desire to NPC two PCs as well as run the bad guys.

    2. Drop them, soldier on. Dropping them doesn't necessarily mean they'll be torn apart by zombies. Maybe whoever's hunting them will snag them with a portal. Maybe they'll be busy holding off the zombies coming from a specific entrance. The point is that there won't be any interaction with them. Your group will be down to four, and with no defender, but you could probably handle it.

    3. Drop them, do some quick recruiting from the tavern. It's not inconceivable that an adventurer or two happened to be walking near the temple when all of a sudden zombies appeared everywhere. Rather than be devoured, they run to the nearest sanctuary, which happens to be here.

    Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'd like to reach some sort of consensus before continuing.

  • #134
    Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    garyh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    5,840

    Ignore garyh
    OOC
    If they don't respond to a PM and seem to really have dropped, I'd vote for Option 3.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

  • #135
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778

    Ignore Oni
    Oh...this isn't good.

    Lily rushed to the nearest door, plucking the dagger from her belt. Pausing for a second to contemplate the situation she tapped flat of the dagger's blade against her chin, hmmm. After a moment's consideration she began to scratch holy marks and warding symbols into the door, hopefully the correct ones. She worked quickly then took off for the other entryway across the chamber.

    ooc


    move to J14

    Religion to try to implement the proper ward for these particular undead.
    Religion (1d20+9=17)

    move to K8



    I reckon option 3 is probably best, if there is anyone hanging around the tavern waiting for a game.

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #136
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    evilbob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,679

    Ignore evilbob
    back!
    Hey guys! I'm back from out of town. Sorry that you guys have been having trouble and not much has happened!

    As for the options presented by THB, I vote for option 2. I think that's a stronger option and it will make things much smoother, easier, and get us back on track faster. Plus, that is SO appropriate to the adventure genre we just found ourselves in! "Oh my god, where's Johnny and Sue?!? They were just here!" "Never mind them, we have to get this bookcase in front of the door!"

    game
    Ok, so we killed the bad guy, his magic gem is glowy and causing undead to attack, and we left him and the glowy gem in the basement? But we think we're good until dawn, so we just have to hold up. Questions: Do we know how long it is until dawn? Did we ever decide that smashing the gem would be better or worse?

    So now we're in the skill challenge and also we need to position ourselves on the map, correct? Does it matter if we use the same skills over and over? I have literally never been in two skill challenges that have used the same rules, so are there any other rules for this one we should know about? Also, you said we get an extra move action this round: can we use that for another skill check? Or can we just make 1 check this round? (I will assume only one in my post for now.)



    And finally, because it has to be said:

    Zombies comin' up the hell right now!!! SHOOT 'EM IN THE HEAD! PRESS A, BITCH! Grab the shotgun - you ain't gotta load it, we did that for you! PRESS A!!! PRESS A!!!!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsDUSxK5Fs"](skip to 1:50 if you've already seen it)[/ame]

    After a short period of quiet contemplation, Empathy snaps back to attention and begins to help organize the resistance. She runs to the window to get a better look at the encroaching zombies so they'll know where the biggest wave will hit first.
    ooc
    Move to a window and look: perception 17 (is that a success or failure on a secondary roll?)

    I guess she'll just move to the closest window and then move to another window and another and then make the roll. If it becomes necessary to know exactly where she is we can figure it out or the DM can just place her.

    Empathy ministats
    Empathy Shardmind Psion 1
    Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
    AC:14, Fort:11, Reflex:14, Will:16
    HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/7
    Resist: 5 psychic
    Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 1/1/0
    Power Points: 2
    Powers:
    Dishearten
    Mind Thrust

    Shard Swarm
    Far Hand
    Forceful Push
    Second Wind

    Ravening Thoughts

    Important Stuff:

    Conditions:

    Full sheet: PC:Empathy (evilbob) - L4W Wiki

  • #137
    OOC
    I vote for Option 2 now that we still have 4 PCs, which should be enough. Option 3 if the DM can't power down the encounter a bit or is feeling like recruiting


    MC Chris
    I was at that show, okay I was at a show on that tour when he did that bit. In New Orleans

  • #138
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    evilbob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,679

    Ignore evilbob
    MC Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmeier1 View Post
    I was at that show, okay I was at a show on that tour when he did that bit. In New Orleans
    Awesome! Yeah I saw him at Dragon*Con a few years ago at a panel. I ended up talking to him for just a minute or two afterward and it was pretty cool - although he did try to give me the hard sell on one of his CDs.

  • #139
    As you set off, you hear a strange churning, crackling noise from the basement. D'keth and K'atzn'ii give each other a quick look and head back down. "We'll handle whatever that is, you just keep them from overrunning us!" D'keth shouts to you before closing the door behind him.

    ooc: Now they're out of the way, but able to come back if the players return.

    With a loud smash, one of the northern doors flies open and four cadavers stumble into the room. You recognize them as wearing the same patchwork uniforms as the bandits outside.

    Statuses
    Skill Challenge:
    Successes: 2/8

    Empathy's minor success gives the party a +2 bonus to one skill roll for the next round.

    The rules are pretty much those set up in the DMG. So if you're good at a skill, you can keep reusing it. The "catch" is that you're fighting a combat at the same time, and so you need to ration out your standard actions between killing the zombies that have gotten in and preventing more from following them. Remember, if nobody attempts a major skill check, that's an automatic failure for the round.

    Combat:
    Empathy (24/24)
    Lily (34/36)
    Raijin (22/22)
    Zhen (24/24)
    Risen 61
    Rotter 58
    Rotter 66
    Rotter 77
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chapel_p1_r1.jpg  

  • #140
    At the bursting of one door and the entrance of the undead, Raijin whirls around. He strides towards them imperiously, drawing his dagger. He gestures and motes of light fall from the ceiling in a blazed, but it is nothing compared to what he has done before. No! he seems to defy the reality of the situation.

    OOC
    Well, if there is ONE thing that Raijin is good at it is smiting.
    Move: Walk to Q5
    Minor: Draw dagger
    Standard: Blazing Starfall at I5 1d20+4=7 (vs Risen 61 Ref) 1d20+4=10 (vs Rotter 66 Ref) for 1d4+8=9 radiant and fire damage
    Well at least I didn't fail at the skill challenge!


    ministats
    Status: 1 failure on skill check
    Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 16
    AC 14, Fort 15, Reflex 10, Will 16
    HP 20/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 5/6
    Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
    Speed 6, Initiative +0
    Action Points: 0, Second Wind
    At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
    Encounter Powers: Promise of Storm, Thundering Roar
    Daily Powers: Lightning Breath

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 04:06 PM
    3. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM
    4. Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)
      By Stringbean2142 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 725
      Last Post: Thursday, 18th February, 2010, 09:30 PM
    5. Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 418
      Last Post: Sunday, 29th November, 2009, 08:48 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •