Random Inn Generator w/Floorpalns and now Menus

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
I've updated my free Random Inn Generator with options for random menus. I started it a couple of months ago when I liked some of the tile-based random dungeon generators and then thought I could do something similar for random inn floorplans. (BTW, more floorplan tiles are coming.)

Random Inn/Tavern Generator

Based on early feedback when I posted some food menu options, a few people wanted to see simpler menus, and a few people wanted menus that included fantasy beast ingredients. I've been able to accommodate both requests by allowing options. If you set the "Menu Variety" to "poor" you'll be left with only basic menu items. If you set "Has Fantasy Foods" to "Yes" you will get some unusual ingredients as long as "Menu Variety" is not "Poor" and it isn't randomly set to "Poor" if you leave it blank.

In the case of drinks, again if the "Menu Variety" is "Poor" you get a menu with just the basic Ale, Wine, etc. If you pick something other than "Poor" (or the random selection is not "Poor") you'll get seven or eleven drink options. Many of these have names as if they are named after a city, river, country, etc., or as if they simply have a sort of brand name.

Note that next up will be some more random floorplan tiles. There are currently at least two random tiles for each part of the inn, but I'm planning on adding at least a whole new second floor. And I'll also fill in the kitchen area on the existing tiles with a fireplace or two, a few food prep tables, etc.

I'd still like to add more options for foods and drinks, so please post with any suggestions! I genuinely hope many can find it useful.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Add a downloadable option to your list, perhaps at the end, and you'll be doing folks another solid.

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
Add a downloadable option to your list, perhaps at the end, and you'll be doing folks another solid.

I'm not quite sure I understand... a way to download the map as one image file? Or something else? Thanks for the feedback and I'm just trying to better understand your suggestion.

Gilladian

Adventurer
Another good option would be the ability to ask for no restrooms. In my campaign world, anyway, they are all privies out back. There's no sewer system/running water IN most buildings.

sjmiller

Explorer
Another good option would be the ability to ask for no restrooms. In my campaign world, anyway, they are all privies out back. There's no sewer system/running water IN most buildings.
Wow, I was going to say the exact same thing. Indoor plumbing, especially something as fancy as a toilet, is a rather modern invention. Sure, castles and some other buildings had garderobe (a small room with a hole leading to a cesspit or moat), but that was not all that common. Public toilets (or public privies) were much more common.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'm not quite sure I understand... a way to download the map as one image file? Or something else? Thanks for the feedback and I'm just trying to better understand your suggestion.

A version I can have on my laptop (with the other NPC generators, name generators, etc.) for when I have no Internet so I can use it in freeform sandbox games I run on the fly. :)

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
A version I can have on my laptop (with the other NPC generators, name generators, etc.) for when I have no Internet so I can use it in freeform sandbox games I run on the fly. :)

I'll have to look into a way of allowing that in the future. For now I guess you just just gen a couple of different ones ahead of time and dump them to the printer or print them to a pdf file. (Tools like PrimoPDF and CutePDF will allow you to save any web page as a pdf by simply going to your browser's "Print" button and choosing the pdf utility instead of a normal printer.)

Good point! Expect this in a future revision.

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
Just a heads up that there have been major updates to the Random Inn generator:
-I upgraded the random menu generation twice.
-I added a second set of tiles for the upstairs where the center isn't open and contains a few storage rooms (allowing for more rooms along the wall) and a large or common room.
-I now allow you to turn off "indoor privies" and if you don't set it there is a 50/50 chance the inn will have them.
-Next up will probably be rumors followed by NPCs (staff/regulars) and more tile options. I think now all the base tiles are set, but it would be nice to have more variations.

(I wasn't sure if I should resurrect this thread or not. I decided to post again because so many people loved the tool and I was addressing one of the specific concerns (privies) mentioned here. (The other changes occurred gradually over the past few weeks.) I apologize if I shouldn't have.)

IronWolf

blank
(I wasn't sure if I should resurrect this thread or not. I decided to post again because so many people loved the tool and I was addressing one of the specific concerns (privies) mentioned here. (The other changes occurred gradually over the past few weeks.) I apologize if I shouldn't have.)

Very nice generator! And certainly worth resurrecting the thread for so folks could see there were updates.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases