• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why is prose not art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a wannabe author. Having only just found the storm which mythusmage stirred up in a now closed thread I feel lead to write a few words.

1. While I don't like all of the art in this forum, I can't draw at all and so admire the skill and passion with which every artist here approaches their work. Also, I thank you for making your work available to me. I've found some inspiration in more than one picture.

2. Piratecat, I don't understand why fiction is not art. I'm not trolling and I have no counter argument, I just am puzzled by your statement.

3. Mythusmage - you fell victim to a classic blunder. The first is never get involved in a land war in Asia. Somewhat less well known is this - never start a fight that you can't win.

I hope I haven't violated any rules by referrencing a closed thread.

cthuluftaghn

First Post
I didn't see the statement that you're referring to, but prose is DEFINITELY art. This just isn't the forum for that particular type of art. That's more for the Story Hour. While I haven't written much on my own Story Hour recently, I still head over there to read quite a bit. I'd love to see what you've got.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
NoOneofConsequence said:
I hope I haven't violated any rules by referrencing a closed thread.

You have, I'm afraid. Next time please shoot me an email instead of posting about a closed thread. But I'll gladly comment before I close this one. :)

Cthuluftaghn got it in one. Prose is art; this is just the wrong forum for it. My apologies for being less specific than I should have been! And as CF mentioned, the story hour forum is the right place for fiction, short stories, and the like.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads