D&D 4th Edition Adventure : Humanitas Severe





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 407
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    ° Ignore Mal Malenkirk

    Adventure : Humanitas Severe

    Raiko, Ashir, Haruka and Max suddenly find themselves hurtled on a forest floor. Everyone is stunned and recover slowly. Haruka looks particularly drained and pale, unable to get back on her feet. The others are barely stronger.

    They look around in a daze, Sheng and Patrin being nowhere to be seen. They are surrounded by tall deciduous trees of bizarre appearances; they are so tall and yet branches hang too low, the leaves are too thick and despite how little light makes it to the ground, everything is too vividly green with bright spots of red and blues from countless flowers that appears to be in perpetual bloom.
    By the color of the circle just before they landed, Ashir and Haruka believe they should be in Arcadia. The intense feeling of magic that assails their sense everywhere they look certainly confirms that they are in the land of the fey, most likely very deep, deeper than mortals are meant to see.

    They seem safe for the moment and are completely exhausted, both by their struggles and by the bizarre hijacking of their teleportation. It is as if their mysterious saviours dug in their vital energy to power this feat of magic. But they hear no more from that entity and without even realizing they all collapse in exhausted slumber.

    It is several hours later before some of our heroes, feeling refreshed, awaken suddenly with enough mental energy to be alarmed at their predicament.

 

  • #2
    Haruka coughs once, twice, and begins to choke. Quickly she rolls onto her side and disgorges a sizable amount of some oily black liquid. It is quickly absorbed into the ground, leaving a dark sheen on whatever it touched.

    She then slumps back into a supine position and looks around. A miserable groan escapes her stained lips, "No, not here. Not again..."

  • #3
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    ° Ignore dimsdale
    Max eyes shift back-and-forth, trying to get a grasp on his new surrounding. Obviously irritaded by recent events he fires questions off to anyone who'll listen. "What the heck is going on here? Where are we? Where's Sheng!"

    updated statblock

    Max - Human Bravura Warlord 3
    *Adverse Condition: none
    *Initiative: +2
    *Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
    *Passive Insight 13
    *Passive Perception 12
    *Senses Normal
    *HP 37
    *Bloodied 18 Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 7
    *AC =19
    *Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 14 Speed 5
    *action surges: 0
    *action Points:1
    *Second Wind: 1
    *Basic Attack: +8 to hit: 1d8+4 Damage
    Powers
    *At will:
    Commander's Strike
    Brash Assault
    Opening Shove
    *Encounter:
    Inspiring Word 2
    Flattening Charge
    Knight's Move
    Vengence is Mine
    *Daily
    Concentrated Attack

    party basic melee attacks

    Raiko: Katana (Bastard Sword), +9 to Hit vs AC, 1d10+4 damage
    Haruka:
    Ashir:



    AP Bravura Presence


    Bravura Presence

    When an ally I see spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hit, the ally can choose to make a basic attack or a move action as a free action after the AP action. If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.


    basic melee attacks please :)


    can everyone give me their basic melee attack again since some of us have gone up a level, which may have changed some of the stats.

    Thankyou

    Last edited by dimsdale; Sunday, 16th May, 2010 at 04:50 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #4
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    ° Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Raiko's eyes open at the shouting. He quickly props himself up on one elbow, and seeing no threat, stands sheathing his sword.

    "Kythira, perhaps the Savage Lands?"

    Basic Attack

    Raiko's Basic Attack remains the same. The magic oil going away balances out his advanced levels.

    Katana (Bastard Sword), +9 to Hit vs AC, 1d10+4 damage

    Edit: Actually I suppose I'm doing less damage now.


    Stat Block
    Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 ()
    Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
    AC: 22; Fort: 17; Reflex: 15; Will: 16
    HP: 54/54; Surges: 16 hp, 13/13
    AcP: 1
    Potions: 2

    Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
    Languages: Common, Draconic
    Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

    Sling Bullets: 20/20

    Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
    Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
    Paladin's Judgement
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Sunday, 16th May, 2010 at 04:39 AM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #5
    Haruka replies without getting up. Her voice is dry and hollow, sounding like it should come from an elderly male elf, "Welcome, friends, to Arcadia, colloquially known as the Feywild. Home of all manner of wretched, miserable, scheming fey. May they all rot." Further ranting is cut short by another coughing fit.

  • #6
    The genasi slowly lifts his head from his face-down position in the lush green grass that he found himself lying in. He looks around in confusion at their location, and rubs his aching head. Ashir sees the others moving, but two of their group is missing and that revelation sends the memories of their wild transportation here back into his mind. He moves to a sitting position as his head swims.

    After hearing Haruka's words, the wizard begins turning the phrase over in his mind, but he had never really explored much of this plane during his time Lao Teshlyn. Instead he had focused on the Oni and their dreaded plane. "Uh, so Haruka, you seem to know where we are. Why do you think we are here and also where do you think we should go?" Ashir asks, looking around cautiously

    ooc

    nature (1d20+10=15) for info on this plane


    L4W Ashir

    Init: +3 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 14
    AC: 18 NAD:17/16/15
    HP: 34/34 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
    Languages: Common, Primordial
    Str:18 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

    Powers:
    Cantrips
    Scorching Burst
    Thunderwave
    Burning Hands
    Promise of Storms
    Fire Shroud
    Icy Rays (in Tome)
    Second Wind
    Tome of Readiness
    Shield (Moonstride)
    Fey Step (from Tome)
    Flaming Sphere
    Summon Dretch <- won't be using this until Haruka and Ashir have some time to "practice"

    Full Character Sheet


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #7
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    ° Ignore dimsdale
    Max is standing now and finds a place to swing his sword, going through a regiment of practiced moves. He finds this activity to settle him down when he is in a state of stress. Just then he overhears Ashir speaking to Haruka.

    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    "Uh, so Haruka, you seem to know where we are. Why do you think we are here and also where do you think we should go?" Ashir asks, looking around cautiously
    Max continues with his routine, but pays particular attention to Haruka, wanting to hear what she has to say.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #8
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    ° Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    "Splendid." He takes a quick look around and his emotions are unclear, even to him. No devils, but possible immediate danger. Possible hostiles, possible friendlies. Likely not easy to return.

    "Any reason to think I might die if I climb this tree?" He says indicating a large one nearby.

    ooc
    Raiko tries to remember anything he might have heard about this place in his travels or training. Not exactly his realm of expertise.

    Arcana 19, History 19, Nature 13, Religion 14
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #9
    Haruka doesn't respond for a few moments. When she does speak, she does so very quietly, "I've been here before. Only not nearly as deep. We just stayed at the edges. That was bad enough." She sits up and pulls her knees to her chest. "I don't know where to go. At all. I'm sorry. I do know that whatever we do, we should stick together. I'd rather not have you start disappearing on me..."

    She looks over at Raiko, then at the tree, and grins shakily, "That depends. The trees here can be pretty moody. They take offense at the smallest slight. Try to climb it respectfully. I don't recommend getting on its bad side."

    Haruka's mini-stats
    Haruka Sato human warlock 5
    Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
    AC: 18 | For: 17
    | Ref: 17 | Will: 16
    HP: 51/51| Bloodied: 23 | Surge value: 11 | Surges: 10/10
    Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
    Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
    AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
    Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6 damage
    Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
    Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
    Vampiric Embrace
    Fiery Bolt

    Flames of Phlegethos
    Tyrannical Threat

    Ethereal Stride

    Deathcut Armor
    Prison of Salzacas

    Conditions:

  • #10
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    ° Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Ashir
    Arcana, not nature, is the key knowledge skill tied to the Feywild. That being said, you have the same modifier for both roll (which I expect to be +11, not +10 if you are now level 4) so the roll stands.


    Arcana Skill check
    You all rolled over 10 and under 20, so that's basic knowledge. Essentially, you all agree that you are indeed in the feywild and don't know much more.


    As Haruka finally feels fully recovered, the mysterious voice of the entity that saved them from Tartarus only to drop them here echoes again in her head.

    ''You may soon curse me for having saved you from Tartarus only to trap you in my former Desmene, child. I confess to selfish motives and limited means to attain my goals. I can’t claim to know your soul as I am far from the prime of my power. If you are already fully corrupted by your patron, I have wasted what little essence remain of me, as you would have been better served by a sentence in Tartarus. But I believe in mortals, even though they and I have forgotten my name. Even beyond death I feel compelled to stop your patron, for you cannot fight as fiercely as I have fought, love as passionately as I have loved, without some of that spirit enduring.''

    The voice is as distant as ever, the emotions of the words struggling to free themselve from the calling of the void.

    Raiko and Ashir
    Anyone who scores 15 on an arcana or religion (pick just one, don’t roll twice) check hears a muffled and unintelligible version of the speech, as if overhearing a conversation in another room. A check of 20 you can understand the speech. Trained only.


    Not so long ago you made a fateful choice. You always had the spark, child. This much I can sense. You always had the potential for greater heights than most can dream of. You could have learned in time, with patience and dedication. But instead you chose the easiest path to power. It almost cost you your soul and that of your companions. It might yet. I no longer see the entirety of the tapestry, my sight has faded. I cannot claim to understand all the imperatives that you weighed before making your choice. Even when I could have, I would never have claimed to be the arbiter of Right or Wrong. But I know about weak or strong, about easy or hard.

    I was loved against the odds, and in turn I chose to protect and defend those who loved me. I decided how I was going to be defined in this universe. Wise men say we are the sum of our choices. But the universe tests us with choices that are easier than other. Will you take the path of least resistance and let fate define who you will become? Or will you be who you really chose to be, no matter the cost?

    A hard choice is coming, child, and an even harder one soon after. I spent much of what is left of me for the thin hope that you will choose to walk the hard path, with no means to force your hand. That was my hard choice. Now it’s up to you. Farewell.


    The voice fades away slowly and then the familiar screech of Haruka's patron overpower it completely.

    ARGGG! Begone! Begone. You are nothing but a memory! I killed you, I killed you!

    OOC
    Well, I am no professional writer. Hope it was not too cheezy


    30 seconds Later

    A female scream of panic pierces the forest. The voice doesn't sound very distant, maybe fifty yards or so.

    OOC
    You can post a reaction to what just happened, but don't make it too elaborate as you are interrupted soon after.
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Tuesday, 18th May, 2010 at 12:34 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. How severe would you rule the damage done?
      By StreamOfTheSky in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd December, 2008, 04:38 PM
    2. The problem with elves take 2: A severe condemnation [merged]
      By Edena_of_Neith in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 371
      Last Post: Sunday, 2nd September, 2007, 08:06 PM
    3. Severe Injuries: What systems are out there?
      By AFGNCAAP in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th December, 2003, 06:23 AM
    4. Replies: 3
      Last Post: Tuesday, 3rd December, 2002, 11:42 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •