Adventure : Humanitas Severe

renau1g

First Post
Haruka walks up to Ashir, "So, you were saying something rather interesting before we suddenly needed to tend to our charges. Something about wanting to share knowledge. But..." her expression becomes confused, but her eyes sparkle with interest, "surely you know that my powers come from a different source than yours do. What, exactly, do you think I can teach you? What are you asking for?"

"Ah....yes, well it is certain that your abilities are not grounded in the same sources as mine, as mine are dealing exclusively with the elemental powers of this world, just a focus of their concentrations. Yours is certainly from...elsewhere. I have been taught that the more knowledge one has about different power sources the more powerful that individual can be. As my goal is to remove the Oni threat from our Empire any power I can attain to use against them would be useful. What am I asking for? I'm not sure exactly, perhaps when we have some time we can discuss where and how you use your powers as I see no spellbooks amongst your possessions." Ashir replies.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Site... is... so... slow![/sblock]

The morning of the ultimatum comes slowly. It gives Ashir some time to experiment and alleviate the curse that affects the villagers. It's not a complete removal, but you soon realize that Raiko's divine aura still has enough power to combine with Ashir's magic and lift the curse in a small radius. Severus might be in a tougher fight than he expected. If he shows up in person, that is.

As the sun rises, a knight in silver armor approaches the village from the North, staying just out of ballista range. In the distance you see his troops which seem to include beasts and flying critters as well humanoids. The forces in presence seem overwhelming but perhaps if you stick together and force them

-''My Master demands an answer!'' bellows the powerful knight.

What shall you do?

[sblock=OOC]You can pretty much just insult him and move to the fight but maybe you have something else in mind. And maybe some tactics?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]The guards and civilians will have the ability to fight as long as they are within 10 Square of Raiko-God.

I don't want to handle loads of NPCs though, so every players will get the use of some powers that will allow you to get a free flank or have a guard interpose himself to stop an attack that hits (Complete with the slow motion 'Nooooooooo!'). I'll detail it as the fight start.

For ovious reasons, I can't cut Raiko at this point so he'll be NPCed until further notice.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]Whatever you decide, roll your initiative while deciding on your tactics to save some time.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ashir calmly flips through his tome, barely batting an eye at the myriad forces arrayed against them. If it was his time, the genasi would go out without an ounce of cowardice in his slender frame. Whatever the outcome of this battle is, Ashir was changed forever, no longer the timid wizard barely able to utter a minor cantrip, he had found some courage within. Ashir was indebted to these people for this realization and knew that it would prove a valuable asset to his efforts to aid his homeland in the future, should he have a future to live. There was no choice for him in this matter, these people would be free from Severus, and perhaps with his allies they could free the world from this tyrant.

Seeing Haruka barely constraining her sure to be sarcastic repartee to the knight, the genasi opened his tome to the most relevant page and waited for the enemies to come to them. He had a wry grin on his face as he glanced over his shoulder and saw the men and women armed with his, Haruka, and Raiko's efforts to remove the curse. "At least we can surprise them" Ashir thinks to himself.

[sblock=ooc]
strategy? Hmmm...don't die I suppose, oh and let Ashir hit with one of his powers.

But in all seriousness, Ashir will be summoning a Magma Beast to aid us. I'm thinking Haruka and Ashir on the walls again, the balistas and us focus fire, Raiko and Max hold down the front lines, perhaps open the gates and wait just inside the doors so you create a wall.

init (1d20+3=23) Hmmm that'll be my only 20 for him I'm sure [/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka glances down at the knight from atop the wall. She looks very unimpressed. "Just who are you supposed to be? Don't bother answering; I don't actually care. Go tell your master to address us in person, or at least with another illusory simulacrum. I'm not about to sully myself by negotiating with one of Severus's dogs." Her tone is that of utter boredom rather than scathing contempt. Maybe she's trying to be diplomatic?

renau1g

First Post
Ashir chuckles to himself, his eyes still dancing over the pages, at Haruka's words and Max's actions. "Good friends to have by my side" the genasi thinks to himself, a smile crossing his face.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases