Dragon Age: Origins [Assessing interest]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sure thing WD should have it up by MON/TUE even though I need to visit hotspots till I get my internet fixed.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Here you go WD but I haven't had the time to look over your character, my books are at home and I'm no where near there. but put this in and we can fix your mage as needed.

Character: insert name here
Code:
Background: Circle Mage (elf)             Communication  0
Class/LvL: Mage/1                          [arcane lore]
Experience: 0                             Dexterity      1
Speed: 13                                 Magic          4
Defense: 11                               Perception     0
Armor Rating: 0                            [seeing]                          
Health: 25                                Strength       0
Languages: Trade tounge, Ancient Tevene   Willpower      2

Class Powers: Weapon Groups - Brawling, Staves

Talents: Lore(novice)

Spells: Arcane Bolt, Heal, Rock Armor

Equipment:
backpack
traveler's garb
waterskin
staff
wand

Money: 59sp

Apperance:
Height:
Weight
Hair color:
Eye Color:
Description:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I am ready but still need VV and WS's characters in the RG and I need to go over WDs again don't see how he got a Magic 4.

I have read the adventure (pretty good actually) and it has it's mix of combat/RP but combat mostly to learn the game. I even think you might lvl up during it.

Also I am reading The Stolen Throne, can't wait to yell "Kill deem knife-ears!" LOL :p

Will start an IC this weekend until then you all need to figure how it is you want to start. One group or seperate. And get characters in the RG.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
I cannot find it myself at the moment, but given that even with magic 4 he has still the lowest stats in the group, shall we really care?

His stats total is 10, including 2 bonus from background.

WS has a total of 18. He barely needs the rest of the group.
RJ got 10, but I think without bonuses from background.
VV got 14, 15 with background.

okay, cool.

I think the issue with the system is not levels as much as it is stats and lack of levels. You really only get so much in terms of skills and powers when you're at the highest level, and stats determine how well you can use them. If you had a 20th level character in this system, you'd basically have a 1st level character with 20 extra stat points (unless the higher level books change that) and some nifty powers.
A better way of putting it is that a low set of rolls can be low enough that even a high level character is no match for a low level character with high stats. That may be why there are so many backgrounds and classes that give stat boosts!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That magic isn't my concern it is that maybe you had others dropped if one stat ooks off the others may be as well. If you are happy with the character then I am as well WD.

And I don't know what fitd was talking about in this game ever lvl up not only gives you class powers but a new focus every lvl, a +1 to a stat (even primary/odd secondary), along with hp and mana.

So at 2nd lvl you could up the magic to 5 add Magic [Arcane Lance] focus and take your lance way up in attack and power.

I saw they are trying for 20 lvls in four box sets. Don't know what that will be like.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well doesn't that explain alot of my huh?? as i was reading the rules thanks WD

I don't think a character that can shot a magical bolt every round has to much to worry about being "overshadowed". ;)

HM

Remove ads