Looking for top-down fantasy tokens

Ahnirades

First Post
I'm looking for tabletop tokens with the overhead perspective of dungeon tiles and battlemats. Are they available, and if so, where?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Lots of places...

I'm looking for tabletop tokens with the overhead perspective of dungeon tiles and battlemats. Are they available, and if so, where?

There are lots of places out there for top-down tokens:

fouruglymonsters.com
dundjinni.com
cartographersguild.com
rpgmapshare.com
rptools.net forums

and soon: freeRPGmaps.com

There are probably plenty more such sites, these are just off the top of my head.

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
A few of mine...

Here's a few top-down tokens of mine. Note most of these guys are for a tavern scene, so most have cups of brew in their hands... the first guy is just a monk ready for combat and a couple horses (these are all hand-drawn):

monk.png
top-down03.png
top-down04.png
top-down05.png
top-down06.png
top-down07.png
top-down08.png
top-down10.png
top-down11.png
top-down12.png
top-down13.png

Enjoy!

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
And just for fun, here's one more...

And just for fun, here's an old one of mine, a favorite - the Aboleth top down. Sorry, this one's kind of big! He was kind of an experiment in 3D.

GP

aboleth-top.png

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
The site I mentioned FourUglyMonsters.com is Devin Night's website.

Also the Cartographers' Guild, which I am a senior member, Devin is a member, as are every developer of mapping software, many fantasy authors creating their own world maps there too. But that site is full of RPG maps, as well as tokens, tutorials, resources, map elements (compass roses, GIMP/Photoshop brushes), monthly map contests, software tips, an entire boad dedicated to Work-in-Progress maps, where the site's experts critique and help out users making their maps. Its the best site online for RPG map anything - all the top RPG industry cartographers are members. And plenty of "never created a map before, but want to" new members.

If you're just looking for map objects, they are there, but if you want to learn anything more about creating maps for your games, there is no better place.

GP

PS: I have over 300 maps posted at the Cartographers' Guild - I'm a pro fantasy cartographer, and an RPG publisher.

Nytmare

David Jose
Whenever I need overhead views of "realistic" flora and fauna the Dundjinni forums are always the first place I look.

I prefer portrait images for tokens, just because I think you can show more of the character with a face than with arms and the top of a head, but for bodies and statues, Dundjinni always has something for me to work with.

Remove ads