Thieves World

Crothian

First Post
Lots of editing and some new editions to the Plots and Places Thread. Don't just read the latest posts, I'm editing the old ones with new info as well.

Dragongirl

First Post
Crothian said:
The secret of Enlibar steel is lost to even the S'Danzo.
Depends on how far in the books you go. Walegrin found the shard that led to the secret of Enlibar steel. He then proceeded to have some made.

Crothian

First Post
Dragongirl said:
Depends on how far in the books you go. Walegrin found the shard that led to the secret of Enlibar steel. He then proceeded to have some made.

Yes he does. I was just speaking generally, I don't think he taught anyone else it and I think the secret dies with him. But as far as everyone else knows, the secret is lost.

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
will weapons made of Enlibar metal have the 'natural' enhancement bonus that adamantine does?

I don't even like that Adamantine was redifined that way. So, in theory they will both be a normal enhancement bonus, but in practice I doubt it will matter. One doesn't really fight creatures with DR in Sanctuary. Sure, I can come up with specific examples that it could happen, but those would be the exception to the rule.

Decado

First Post
Crothian,

I just spent some time reading your Thieves World d20 conversion thread, great job so far! I am really fighting the urge to drop the books I am reading now and pick up my TW books and start reading. I stated in a previous post that I have the books "Sanctuary" and "Cross-Currents" which are a compilation of TW stories. I was wondering, since I do not have a complete set of TW books, if I needed all the books to understand what is going on or are the stories for the most part complete on their own?

Keep up the good work!

Decado

Crothian

First Post
Decado said:
Crothian,

I just spent some time reading your Thieves World d20 conversion thread, great job so far! I am really fighting the urge to drop the books I am reading now and pick up my TW books and start reading. I stated in a previous post that I have the books "Sanctuary" and "Cross-Currents" which are a compilation of TW stories. I was wondering, since I do not have a complete set of TW books, if I needed all the books to understand what is going on or are the stories for the most part complete on their own?

Keep up the good work!

Decado

Thanks. It's good to know I'm not just posting all this for my own amusement.

You have the first two anthologies consisting of the first 6 books. The next six are good to read and a lot is going on in them. However, they are not needed just a good read. All my conversions refer to the time period around the first novel if not a little before it. There are also novels on the certain characters that the authors have written, like Shadowspawn has two books dealing with him when he and Moonflower leave Sanctuary. However, these side novels are even harder to find. I'm still hunting for many of them. If you are curious about the other books, I suggest going here:

http://www.geocities.com/jillari1/menu.htm

There is no better resource for all things Thieves World anywhere.

Crothian

First Post
Okay, enough of this converting other peoples's stuff. Time to get to the fun stuff, the stuff that came out on my Thieves World games. Tommorrow I'm going to type up my notes on The Pit

Decado

First Post
Thanks for the reply Crothian. I am going to start looking for a used book store around here and hopefully I can find books 7-12. I have added that TW site you provided to my favorites. Have you read the latest Sanctuary book and if so what do you think? Is it as good as the originals?

Thanks again for the info.

Decado

Remove ads