Thieves World

Crothian

First Post
Decado said:
Thanks for the reply Crothian. I am going to start looking for a used book store around here and hopefully I can find books 7-12. I have added that TW site you provided to my favorites. Have you read the latest Sanctuary book and if so what do you think? Is it as good as the originals?

Thanks again for the info.

Decado

Your welcome. That site is just amazing for TW info. I wish I had that kind of time and dedication this little project.

The only new book out right now is called Sanctuary by Lynn Abbey. It's a good story for that takes place about 50 years later. Molin Torchholder is dieing and locates a local to basically take his place. He recaps most of the stories and tells you the characters endings, few good. This is not a compiliation of old stories writen in a new way or anything like. It's a darn good book for Thieves World fans. The next book, the first of the short stories, come out in November some time.

Crothian said:

that the authors have written, like Shadowspawn has two books dealing with him when he and Moonflower leave Sanctuary. However, these side novels are even harder to find. I'm still hunting for many of them

Erm.... "Shadowspawn" is about Hanse and Minuereal (or however it's spelled), picking up right after they leave Sanctuary (after Moonflower has been killed by a Beysib).

What's the other Shadowspan book?

Crothian

First Post
Heretic Apostate said:

Erm.... "Shadowspawn" is about Hanse and Minuereal (or however it's spelled), picking up right after they leave Sanctuary (after Moonflower has been killed by a Beysib).

What's the other Shadowspan book?

You're right, sorry, got the names confused. The other one is called Shadows and Sorcery and it takes place right after Shadowspawn I do believe.

Back cover blurb:

Master thief, magic haze

He is Shadowspawn. Master thief. Addicted to adventure. Light of foot, swift with steel, chieftain of the night. Now, on the outskirts of a city rules by sorcerers, he plunges below ground into a labyrinth guarded by lethal demons - and deadlier illusions. The treasure he finds could help his quest - or kill him on the spot.

His quest: the fabled Rings of Senek. His opponent: a master mage with powers beyond the ken of mortal man. At stake is the life of a lovely woman - and mastery of a city ruled by the spellcaster's darkest art...

the Shadow of Sorcery

The triumphant return of Shadowspawn!

Mr Fidgit

First Post
it occured to me that someone with the maat ability could be handled like a spellfire user from MoF, in that, it could be taken as feat (at first level only), which would give a character some small ability to see auras (like any detect spell). a maat-user PrC could be developed for people who hone this ability...

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
it occured to me that someone with the maat ability could be handled like a spellfire user from MoF, in that, it could be taken as feat (at first level only), which would give a character some small ability to see auras (like any detect spell). a maat-user PrC could be developed for people who hone this ability...

That also sounds good. In the other thread, someone suggested Niko would be a monk and that makes sense. So does having Maat as a feat. And the prestige class to take advantage of that is a good suggestion as well.

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
so do you think Randal really, really likes polymorph, or has a Shapeshifter-like PrC (from OA)?

That's hard to say. I think it's a shapeshifting power, personally.

The Pit is posted in the other thread. It's an fighting arena in the maze.

Remove ads