'Punishing' rogue experience and rogue|warden build

Larrin

Entropic Good
I was playing around with Rogue|warden hybrid concept (based on a dream i had the night before) and realized that with riposte strike and wardens fury I get to attack an enemy no matter what they do, also there is a daily stance "duelist prowess" that has a similar "hit me i hit you" effect.

First: Ignoring the |warden part for a second, how do brutal rogues do with riposte-like powers? Is it a good way to increase your attacks per turn? How big a deterent/punishment does it amount to?

Second: add |warden back into the mix; with a focus on defense (or even just one hybrid talent feat, though i'd rather take the brutal rogue talent) I can easily get my AC to tank levels (hide+heavy shield). That could make marking enemies a fun exercise in "you'll get hit either way" (either with a riposte if you hit me, or warden's fury/grasp). Naturally it shouldn't be my main goal, I'm thinking this would be an intriguing 5th man to paly. Any thoughts? Would it be a one trick pony with little else going on, or a fun complement to an abnormal build?

Mengu

First Post
A better way to do this is probably through Vigilante Justice Style, and with Blade Bravo PP. Be a Wilden, and grab Battle Awareness (MC fighter) for a couple more interrupt attacks to use to supplement your encounter powers, and you are in pretty good shape for making sure your immediate actions don't go unused.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases