D&D 4th Edition The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk) - Page 7




  1. #61
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Those creatures seem to only show themselves during the night; however the town does not seem like it could keep them away. It is better that we continue on and stay weary of our surroundings.

    A wise man once said "A fool wants to die in his bed. The wise do not want to die at all."
    says Kaz.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

 

  • #62
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    "Well, it seems we have a majority for pressing on. I guess we'll skip the village this time, see how far we can get tonight," Mason says.

    The wagon heads down the overgrown road, the going slowing appreciably. Things get even worse when the skies cloud up and the rain begins to fall an hour later.

    Before long, it seems as though everyone is spending more time pulling the wagon out of the mud than is spent heading down the path. After a couple hours of dirty, back-breaking work, Mason has the group pull the wagon off the path in the partial protection of a slightly overhanging cliff-face. It's still chilly, damp, and exposed to occasional gusts of wind, but at least with a couple fires going the group is spared the worst of the storm.

    "We'll be at the bridge sometime tomorrow morning," Mason says everyone huddles close around the fires and eats some partially-warm stew. "Even if it rains hard and the roads are as bad as they were earlier, we'll still get there before noon."

    Soon the craftsmen are settling down to bed, huddled close to the fires in their damp blankets to get some sleep.

    "Time for me to go to bed as well, wake me up if you see any ghosts or stinky crows or whatever,"
    she says. "If there's something like that around, I'd prefer to see it with my own two eyes.

    Watches
    Same order as before?

  • #63
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    watch

    Same watch order is fine with me
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #64
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Xeterog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    336

    Ignore Xeterog
    watch
    same as before works for me
    -Xeterog

  • #65
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ignore Mewness
    watch
    Same order is good.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #66
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    The night is dark, the only like coming from the fires that the party struggles to keep burning with damp wood, sudden gusts, and the water running down the cliff face.

    Standing on watch is miserable. To get a good view of the surrounds, those on watch have to leave even the marginal shelter of the cliff, exposed to the rain and winds directly.

    Required Check
    Everyone on watch makes an Endurance or Nature 15(rolled) check or loses a healing surge at the start of the next day from chills and exhaustion. For every watch where the fire goes out, the DC increases by 2. Roll it either way and I'll let you know the final DC once everyone has finished their watches.


    First Watch
    You are cold and wet, huddled in blankets as the storm tears into you. Even the most stalwart of you look back at those shivering by the fire with longing.
    Perception 18(Darkvision), 20(Low-light), 22(Normal)
    You see and hear something moving around in the storm just at the edge of vision at random intervals throughout your watch, but it has always vanishes like a figment of your imagination when you point it out or examine it more closely...
    Insight 20
    There is something out there in the night, something dangerous and malevolent. You can sense it watching you and even your dreams are nightmares full of figures chasing you, always behind you, just out your vision. By the time your watch is over, you almost wish something would attack, if only you could have something tangible to fight.
    Nature 16
    You keep the fire going.
    Nature 25
    This storm isn't natural, not for this time of year, especially this cold. Your teeth are chattering and the summer clothing and bedding everyone brought is barely adequate.


    Second Watch
    The storm intensifies while you are on watch and it's a struggle to keep the fire going. Mason wakes up briefly and gives you a small flask of something highly alcoholic to ward of the chill, but even with it the cold cuts to the bone.
    Nature 18
    You keep the fire going despite the intensity of the storm.
    Nature 25
    This storm isn't natural, not for this time of year, especially this cold. Your teeth are chattering and the summer clothing and bedding everyone brought is barely adequate.
    Arcana 20
    You sense a hint of dark magics in the night, perhaps the storm, perhaps something else...
    Arcana 25
    You detect a web of magic around the camp, a subtle, black curse that you manage to dispel with fragments of a half-forgotten ritual. Mechanical benefit: You gain an extra action point at the start of the next day.


    Third Watch
    You're awakened from your fitful, chilled sleep into a wet hell. It's a struggle to keep the fire going, especially since most of the nearby wood has already been burned, require stumbling treks into the wet dark for wood.
    Nature 20
    You keep the fire from going out, despite the intensity of the storm and the dwindling wood supply.
    Nature 25
    This storm isn't natural, not for this time of year, especially this cold. Your teeth are chattering and the summer clothing and bedding everyone brought is barely adequate.
    Dungeoneering 20
    Towards the end of watch, as it begins to get light, you see that the rain has weakened the cliff face. It could collapse at any moment on those just stirring from their blankets...


    At dawn the rain still falls as everyone awakens, soaked, groggy, coughing, and chilled from a night of fitful sleep and dark dreams...
    Last edited by Iron Sky; Wednesday, 23rd June, 2010 at 07:28 AM.

  • #67
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Kaz takes the second watch. The rain makes it impossible to see and soaks his robes. Though he does not complain in the morning, it has been a difficult night for him.

    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #68
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677

    Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    My communities:

    Eithal stokes the fire to keep it going as she stares out into the darkness. Suddenly, her face goes ashen. Her eyes dart from one nondescript location in the night to another. She draws her axe and, standing up, she runs to the edge of the firelight still straining to see into the darkness, "Yimmy!" She whispers over her shoulder, "Somethin' aint riyaht. It's lahk somethin' owt thayah wants tah keell us."

    Try as she might, she is unable to see anything. She wants to warn the others, but she knows it would be silly to wake the group on only a suspicion.
    OOC
    Insight = 1d20+1=20
    Perception = 1d20+6 = 18
    Nature = Passive = 16


    Edit: Didn't see the required Nature check (rolled) 1d20+6=9 Fail. Down to 11/12.
    Ministats

    Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 2
    Initiative: +1
    Speed 6
    Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
    Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
    AC: 19; Fort: 17; Reflex: 11; Will: 13
    HP: 42/42; Bloodied: 21; Surge Value: 10; Surges left: 11/12
    Action Points: 1
    Powers
    Strength of Stone
    Thorn Strike
    Warden's Fury
    Warden's Grasp

    Grasping Winds
    Strength of Stone
    Relentless Panther Attack

    Warden’s Tempest
    Form of the Relentless Panther
    Feats:
    Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

    Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.
    Last edited by H.M.Gimlord; Thursday, 24th June, 2010 at 12:14 AM.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #69
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Xeterog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    336

    Ignore Xeterog
    The chill rain does not seem to bother Fredrock on the 2nd shift as it seems to do with Kaz, but the shift drags on, as nothing interesting happens.

    rolls
    I am still getting used to IC..rolled three checks 3 times ...only the 1st 3 are valid..passed the Endurance with flying colors (unless the fire goes out more than 4 times!), but failed the nature and arcana checks.
    Endurance (1d20+10=23), Nature (1d20+4=8), Arcana (1d20+2=18)
    -Xeterog

  • #70
    Corvus does his best to keep warm in the storm, grumbling the whole time, "You see, this is exactly what I was talking about, guess what? Tomorrow, we'll all be miserable, exhausted, and even more vulnerable. Gods!" he complains, throwing up his hands. He spends about five minutes looking for wood, throwing the soaked timber to the ground in frustration.

    ooc

    endurance; nature; dungeonering (1d20+7=11, 1d20=14, 1d20=6) yup... he fails

    That'll bring him down to 9/10 surges

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    3. Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)
      By Iron Sky in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Sunday, 25th July, 2010, 11:37 PM
    4. [IRON DM] Holiday Iron DM (for Iron DM Newbies Only)
      By el-remmen in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Thursday, 30th October, 2003, 01:06 PM
    5. [Judge Dredd] Mechanismo Robot judge
      By Gospog in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 20th October, 2003, 04:13 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •