Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
With a muttered curse at his mischievous ghosts, Chaarr steps back behind Annika and points the wand between his allies at the cluster of acid creatures coming up the slope. A cone of flame shoots forth, engulfing the creatures and eliciting a wet sizzle.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Move: 5' Step SE (positioning him between Annika and Ape)
  • Standard: Burning Hands (3d4=8) (DC11 Reflex Save for ½), angled to catch as many of the cluster of 3 bad guys as he can.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Noticed that I've actually got 2 rounds worth of actions from most characters, so:

Mystal vanishes from the wall and reappears in a puff of shadow behind the wizard, clinging to the walls with his toes. Mystal stabs at the wizard with his tiny rapier; not much damage but enough to cause the wizard's spell to fizzle just as Annika's burning arrow winks out of existence.

Meanwhile, Glip climbs up the outcropping, rolls under the swinging fists of the wizard's guardian ooze-man and rams his trident home into the ooze-man's leg.

Chaarr sprays the approaching oozes and ooze-men with fire, and they halt in their approach, sizzling under the onslaught. Ape calls into being a fire spirit that menaces the oozemen from above.

The hovering rust mephit breathes out another stream of rusty particles but Annika's magic shield deflects them from the group. It also holds off the attack of the oozeman that crawls up from the right, pressing in on the group with a moaning noise.

[sblock=OOC]
Mystal - Shadow Jaunt, attack wizard and hits for 1 damage.

Annika - casts protection from acid, acid (fire) arrow 4 damage to wizard.

Ape - summon natures ally II for small fire elemental. Elemental miss on #4

Chaarr - burning hands on #3 , #4 and ooze 1 for 8 damage to all.

Glip - climb, missed by AoO from #2 , hit #2 for 9 damage.

Wizard - spell fails

Mephit - breath for 1 damage against Annika, Ape and Chaarr. All save (which I've fluffed as Annika's magic doing the work).

#2 - miss Glip

#4 - miss Annika
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cavern 3.jpg
    Cavern 3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 64

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Well, if a little's good, a lot's better . . . The tiny man once more points the wand, praying it continues to be effective.

[sblock=Actions]
We're up again? Wasn't sure . . . if not, just use this when Chaarr's turn comes around.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ahayford

First Post
OOC: So....somehow I stopped getting email updates when threads got bumped....got busy at work...and decided I would check manually since I doubted people just dropped off the face of the earth in all the games I was playing. Low and behold, technology has failed me. Not a good excuse but its the one I have. I will jump in again shortly. I'm sorry for the delay.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: [MENTION=6680745]ahayford[/MENTION], no worries, glad you're still with us! [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], I thought that the Shadow Jaunt would use up his move action but if it's a swift or free I'm happy to add on Focussed Strike damage.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]
No shadow jaunt is standard action, that's why he moved BEHIND (via standard jaunt) and used move to re-hide...second round he has full round of actions therefore Move to focus and then attack

I thought you got that by commenting on how there are two rounds of actions in the post?

Also, if there is some question whether he can re-hide after appearing, use used cloak of deception (swift), get greater invisibility before the teleport...invisibility ends at the end of his turn (but he should be hidden by that time)

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Oh right, think I missed that.

Mystal's blade sinks deep into the slimy wizard, but his (its?) malleable form seems little affected by the piercing strike. Nevertheless, the attack is enough to disrupt its spellcasting.

Chaarr sprays fire over the approaching ooze creatures. One of the ooze-men withers and collapses under its own weight into a puddle of bubbling goo. The slime and the other oozeman stagger back under the onslaught, the slime slithering towards the protection of the water.

[sblock=OOC]
Mystal Focussed Strike 18, gives +2d6 = 6 damage.

Ooze-man #3 is destroyed.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 44/51, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:3/5, 2:4/4, 3:2/3)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Ape readies the wand to conjure some healing spirits for himself and his allies.

[sblock=ooc]

Hi, I want him to use his wand first on himself and then on Annika. I think he can do the first the round the elemental appears and the other now, right? I rolled both healing charges below.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 5, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Faerie Fire, Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Animal Aspect, Ball Lightning
3/Day Level3: Summon Nature's Ally III, Magic Circle vs Spirits

CLW Wand: 48/50 charges.

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +11
[/sblock]

Remove ads