[icons] Unconventional Heroes. [OOC]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Good! The mystic mind waves played their part!

So, sorry to be reiterative, but my lack of English domain makes it hard for me to understand.

PERSONALLY, I like M&M's version of possession (which is the bonus power version), SOOO... That's the version I will allow you to have without having to waste two powers on it.

So... I have merger, and a bonus power from my second roll, and another from the specialization? What can I chose for bonus power given my brainy jar background?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I thought about dropping my lame TK-1 for a bonus Supersense power... I'm assuming that the bonus power would be at the same level as the base power?

I may still keep it and develop it as a party trick. ;)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Good! The mystic mind waves played their part!

So... I have merger
Yes. I'm treating Merger as being the default for Possession
and a bonus power from my second roll
No. You still can roll for your second power; but, I'll let you select a power that fits your background. My suggestion would be Mental Blast or even Mind Control.

and another from the specialization?
No. The Power specialization only makes you better at using your power.
What can I chose for bonus power given my brainy jar background?
See my above comment.

I thought about dropping my lame TK-1 for a bonus Supersense power... I'm assuming that the bonus power would be at the same level as the base power?
Only your power states something like "additional effects as bonus powers" or "you can use {Bonus Power} at your {Base Power} power level" It's it doesn't, then you roll for the power's level.

Walking Dad

First Post
Y...

Only your power states something like "additional effects as bonus powers" or "you can use {Bonus Power} at your {Base Power} power level" It's it doesn't, then you roll for the power's level.

And I don't think there is a reason why to roll again. It is the same 'power slot', so you will still have the power level 1. Same happened to my character. I don't think the bonus power option is for re-rolling low scores.

Just my 2 cents, I'm not the DM. But the random method let's you roll the power levels after you are sure what powers you take.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Xokzatle

Origin, Prowess, Coordination, Strength, Intellect, Awareness, Will Power, Powers, Power Type

2d6 → [5,6] = (11) Unearthly I

2d6 → [2,2] = (4) 3 Prowess
2d6 → [5,6] = (11) 7 Coordination
2d6 → [5,1] = (6) 4 Strength
2d6 → [2,2] = (4) 3 Intellect
2d6 → [5,2] = (7) 5 Awareness
2d6 → [4,1] = (5) 4 Will Power

2d6 → [5,2] = (7) 3 powers

Roll Lookup

2d6 → [5,2] = (7) Mental
2d6 → [1,5] = (6) Defensive
2d6 → [4,3] = (7) Mental

Roll Lookup

I'll take 2 mental powers

Power rolls:

1d6 → [4] = (4)
1d6 → [6] = (6)
1d6 → [4] = (4)
1d6 → [6] = (6)

I'll take Possession and Merger as bonus power

Roll Lookup

Number of specialties: 3 (Occult, Mental resistance, Power(Possession))

Roll Lookup

Stamina = 8
Determination = 4

qualities:
Aztec High priest: Xokzatle has a broad knowledge of astronomy and aztec religion, as well as ancient knowledge of his people.
Mind senses: Xokzatle doesn't have actual ears or eyes, so he can't see or hear; he emulates those senses with his powerful brain.

challenge: Spread the word of the ancient Aztec gods and make the world a better place being a brain in a jar.

Xokzatle: The ancient Aztec wanted to preserve their most honourable priest, Xokzatle. They knew that it was his head that should be conserved, since no matter how hard they try, his body would decay after centuries. So employing magical rituals, the ancient Aztec preserved his brain, in a jar full of a magical conjunction. Xokzatle remained in his jar, buried in his mausoleum for centuries.
When tomb robbers dig in to stole his treasures, he activated his altar and stone legs raise him from the ground. Using his mental powers, he made the robbers pay the ultimate price.
Since then he wonders the world, trying to spread the word of the ancient Aztec gods, but the world has changed, and no one seems prone to accept what a brain in a walking jar says. So faithful to his teachings, Xokzatle will show with the example, and try making the world a better place.

Shayuri

First Post
It's well built. Though Serial Alter Ego is somewhat problematic since there has yet to be any official word on it's point buying cost. According to some interpretations I've seen, what you have written up for that power should cost 10 points (9 levels + the serial effect).

That leaves you with an 8 point discrepancy in the base form, which isn't really an issue considering that: 1) The base form is supposed to only have the Serial Alter Ego as a power. 2) Your suit is meant to augment your base form not replace it.

However, I will allow you to transfer 5 of those points to raise each of your forms' maximum point totals.

There's not that much I'd change considering that your choices of Ability vs Specialty makes sense since over all bonuses are better then situational bonuses. Your character suits also are clearly defined with powers that make sense, which is a huge bonus. I forsee you using the suits in this specific order (most use to least use) Power House, Sky Ranger, Scout, Explorer.

From your character's stats alone the image of a Tony Stark type character comes to mind. So unless your character intends on being self employed I have one connection..

New World Industries. They are the WayneCorp of this world, but minus many of the humanitarian subsidiaries. NWI does not have as many Government contracts, but maybe that's because they are rumored to have built their own corporations which they are supplying with weapons and equipment.

Excellent! That's exactly the info I needed. Thanks. :)

The question of cost is a little confusing. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, what you're offering is the chance to reduce the cost of the Serial Alter Ego to 13 from 18, and in lieu of spending those 5 points elsewhere on the character's base form, I would 'transfer' them to the value of each Ego, basically becoming a 40 point base character, who has 50 point Alter Egos.

If that's the case, then I have a few more questions. :)

1) How does the Strike power interact with strength? For example, you list it doing 'either' the Str damage, OR the damage of the Strike power, while the Bludgeoning Strike only does Str damage...does this mean an 'unarmed' strike does less than Str damage? Is there a reason to buy more than 1 rank in Strike (unless it's edged and you want to do more than Str damage)?

2) How does a 'bonus power' work? If I take 3 levels of Supersense, for 3 points, then buy Detect as a bonus power, does that mean I get 3 levels of Detect for 1 point? Or 1 level? Or is that not how it works at all?

3) If I buy a Blast with the Explosive rider, does that cost 1 point, or 1 point -per level-? Does it have to be a separate power from a Blast that's not explosive (say, a machine gun and missile launcher)?

4) If I go with the Serial Alter Egos, I ever get other powers via exp, or is that it forever? v

As for the rest:

I think it makes sense that at the very least we'd know OF each other. I suspect my character may be trying to keep a low profile, at peast publically, of his 'real' identity. He's not Tony Stark. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases