[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien tilts forward to give the man a wave and a smile, "Yes, quite rough, and in an unfriendly, unplayful manner at that." He rubs kidney area, deciding not to describe his injury. "Nothing my friend and his king couldn't handle though." he points out about Maui and his beast, "I knew I could spot a good man when I see one."

When the question of buffalo milk comes up, Amien shifts his eyes and suggests in a half-sincere tone, "White wine looks like milk... Maybe that will..?"

He then receives his mead, and begins to drink it. Soon he winces and feels at his stomach, "Gah. Is that where alcohol goes through? Bloody.. I should probably see a healer about that."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

This time the door manages to close completely, and actually rests in that position for a few moments. The last patrons to enter the inn have actually had time to settle in to their conversations when it opens once more, this time barely wide enough to allow a short, stocky figure to enter. The Dwarf slips his hood off as he enters and nods respectfully to Grog. He slips into a table in the corner; when Marla comes over he speaks quietly to her, then lets his head rest against the wall behind him, closing his eyes, presumably waiting for his order.​
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 09/09
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +00 CMD: 16
Fort: +03 Reflex: +04 Will: +06
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
The word "Talking Dog" immediately caught Aradra's ear. Pausing long enough to return his spoon to his bowl "I am not familiar with any dog that talks? More so one that likes, what did you call it? Brown water?" Aradra nods at the ale in front of Maui. However, he does smile a little about getting beat up. "I would prefer to get punched in the face than what I fought in my last mission. At least you didn't get bitten by a creature 5 times your size. Here."

Pulling up his shirt, a flash of silvery metal covers the man chests, but he pulls that up as well, revealing the bare skin beneath it. Aradra's chests seemed more scarred that his face; There are many cuts and scrapes, but one can make out two rows of giant teeth that seemed fresh. Based on the deep gouge marks, it is a small miracle the man is still alive.

Pulling back down his armor and clothes, Aradra continues with "I can take a look at your wounds if you want me to. Uh...didn't catch your names?" he says, looking at both the blond haired person and the noble Maui called "Handsome Blade"

The newly arrival did not escape Aradra's well trained eyes, but seeing as the dwarf did not want to join them at the bar Aradra does not say anything.

WindCrystal

First Post
Being presented with scars that tell a far more incredible battle than he had just recently fought, Amien's face lights up in astonishment. In a subtle panic to preserve his dignity, he quickly states his name, "Amien Thrus." and then begins to chug his mead in hopes that somehow he won't have to show lack of amazing scars.

jbear

First Post
"Hmmm. Beautiful" Maui responds to the show of scars. "Maui desires to fight te taniwha like te one that bites you Scarred Wolf. But Maui can only find te Slave Makers, te Dog Callers, te Worm Warriors, te Puffwampi and te Woken Dead. Te biggest thing Maui fights is te False King Toad! Ha! My Taniwha put te right Toad in te right place!" he boasts taking a bite of the freshly served frog's legs that have just arrived in front of him. As he chews thinking about his past toad inspired adventure he pales a little and stops chewing. "Err ... Grog... Where do you find te legs of te frog?"

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra's face darkens when the dead rising again is mentioned, but he tries to straighten his face. "Scarred Wolf eh? I guess that works. As for the creatures I fought, we won and everyone survived, so that's the important part."

Aradra looks at the chugging blond haired boy and says "Well met Amien. Don't drink that too quickly or you'll spit it back up."

Finishing his soup Aradra stretches and takes a look around. "Surprised no else in my last mission showed up. Probably sleeping in their own beds. Grog, I'm taking a room upstairs to nap in before heading out. Let Kalinn know I was here if she turns up."

Looking at the other 3, the man nods in farewell, and walks up the stairs towards the beds in the inn.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Paladin of Helerion (NPC)

~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Morrolan.png

A tall, muscular man with short blond hair enters the tavern. He is wearing shiny, steel platemail of excellent quality. For those that are familiar with holy symbols, you would recognize the emblem of Helerion stylized in gold on the breastplate of his armor. The same emblem is emblazoned in gold embroidery on his white cloak.

On his belt is a longsword and morningstar.

His square jaw is set and he doesn't look particularly in good cheer. He surveys the room, nods to Grog behind the bar. It was a gesture of greeting like one professional to another and the half-orc returned it.

The knight finds an empty table and orders a goblet of wine and some food.

GM: This is my recruitment NPC for the adventure for 3rd and 4th level characters. It is about to be crowded in the DWI. So when Amien and Ru eventually talk with Kaedyn, please put the header "At Kaedyn's Table" at the top to indicate they are at his table and not talking to everyone else. I am not going to do more than socialize with Kaedyn until GE's Inheritance concludes and the rest of the part can be assembled. I could potentially recap information from the previous adventures that prelude the one I am going to run though.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
A ruggedly handsome human man steps into the Dunn Wright Inn. It is clear his eyes are not accustomed to the low light as he stumbles a bit to find himself a table. He has a number of unusual tattoos and marks upon his arms, most prominent is a birthmark in the form of a bow with a notched arrow on his left hand. The reset appear to be halfling script, perhaps proverbs of a sort. The holy symbol of Issolatha is carved upon the wooden shield which is strapped to his back along with his other belongings. Interestingly, symbol of Issolatha bears a bow which is curiously similar to the one upon his hand. His sun-bleached brown hair is cropped short and he has a short brown beard speckled with bits of red. He has the look of a traveler: sun damaged skin which is deeply tanned skin. As he finds his table he unlatches his morningstar from his belt and rests it against his chair.

A cheerful maid walks over to the table. The man smiles at her as she arrives. He has a charming demeanor and flirtatious eyes. "What can I get you, traveler?" Marla asks with a coy grin.

"A pint of spiced mead if you have it. And some bread would be lovely as well. Dor esta fili, lass," he ends with a halfling thank you. "Oh and one more thing," he adds as if an afterthought. "I've come to Venza seeking adventure in the name of my patron goddess, Issolatha. If you have any good word of such work here, I'd be much obliged if you bring it to me. I hear the Dunn Wright Inn is the finest place in the city for such crusades."

Marla grins again as the man tosses her a copper, "I'll keep my ears perked, traveler, and let you know if I hear anything."

While he waits for his bread and mead to arrive, he begins asking those in the tables near him if they know of any work for a young upstart such as himself (Diplomacy check to gather information).
Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo smiles at the memory of the shadow Wolf.

"Ah, yes. It was a wolf that was able to speak, with scary red eyes. It was a creature that was more shadow, then real."

Remove ads