[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Zoryk smiles at the newcomer: "Greetings Tahn, no I've never been to Irthos, I grew up right here in Venza, but I would like to see Irthos one day, are all the rumors true, a home for half-breeds without prejudice?"

"It is indeed. A home for those without one. It is a place where we can walk the streets without odd stares at our ears, where the unwanted children of elven trysts can find a home. It is without a doubt the single concentration of our kind anywhere. It takes constant vigilance to maintain though, there are many powerful nations around it that would see it claimed as their own."

IronWolf

blank
Scott DeWar said:
Vencenzo shakes his head when asked if he was nobility, "no, nothing like that. Just a well established merchant famiglia.

"Merchant looking fer work, eh?" Fulgrim half-asks allowing the thought to tumble over a few times. "S'pose dat kinda' work would get borin' after awhile."

Fulgrim turns quiet as the conversation shifts to absent fathers and such, his gaze turns cold as he fiddles with the handle of his mug, staring intently at the slowly dissipating foam sinking beneath the rim of the mug.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ahhh, no.", he says flatly, " No work as a merchant. To many famiglias members to get a position. i was sent to a fencing acadamy to hopefully get a coveted position within the ranks of the order of crossed swords.

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl1 Fire Elemental Sorcerer

"It is indeed. A home for those without one. It is a place where we can walk the streets without odd stares at our ears, where the unwanted children of elven trysts can find a home. It is without a doubt the single concentration of our kind anywhere. It takes constant vigilance to maintain though, there are many powerful nations around it that would see it claimed as their own."

Zoryk nods seemingly lost in thought:"A place worthy of protection from the way you describe it. I will have to go see it with my own eyes, although I am sure your words do it justice, I have only dreamed of such a place." answers the half-elf in a dreamy voice.

IronWolf

blank
"Ahhh, no.", he says flatly, " No work as a merchant. To many famiglias members to get a position. i was sent to a fencing acadamy to hopefully get a coveted position within the ranks of the order of crossed swords.

"Order of crossed swords, eh?" Fulgrim replies. "Not 'amiliar with dem.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo brings his voice down low and says, " most are a bunch of snot nosed spoiled brats wheo wish they can use a weapon with the courage of a dwarf, but only under the cautious and watchful eye of judges and ready healers."
He shrugs and sits up right and continues in a normal volume, "but there are some really well skilled sword masters that duel there. They are every bit as deadly as the monsters in the wild."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner 1

Elenka smirks. "I do believe our good Vincenzo has misspoken. On my way into town I met a very friendly young man who in his attempt to impress me let it be known that he regularly earned accolades at the Venerable Society of the Crossed Swords; some blue-blood dueling society or something like that." She rolls her eyes showing how little she thought of the young man.

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl 1 Fire Elemental Sorcerer

Vincenzo brings his voice down low and says, " most are a bunch of snot nosed spoiled brats wheo wish they can use a weapon with the courage of a dwarf, but only under the cautious and watchful eye of judges and ready healers."
He shrugs and sits up right and continues in a normal volume, "but there are some really well skilled sword masters that duel there. They are every bit as deadly as the monsters in the wild."

Elenka smirks. "I do believe our good Vincenzo has misspoken. On my way into town I met a very friendly young man who in his attempt to impress me let it be known that he regularly earned accolades at the Venerable Society of the Crossed Swords; some blue-blood dueling society or something like that." She rolls her eyes showing how little she thought of the young man.

Turning his attention to the discussion of the Order of Crossed Swords:"Brom, my adoptive father and also a smith in the Incusine, made swords for members of that order, he claimed most of them were more interested in carrying a scabbard at their hip than actually learning anything useful." replies the half-elf with a smirk. Looking at Vicenzo he asks: "Is one of the masters skilled in the elven cureved blade?"

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer (celestial)

"A frog hunt, huh? So è a tenuta stagna culo di una rana?
', he asks, not really expecting a reply. Directing to Nathan he asks, "What is a Boggard?"

"Basically, a frog-man, though not in the lycanthropic way. I'm fairly certain they look like that all the time. I'm sure they're all quite handsome to one another, but ... " the sorcerer shakes his head to remove what's clearly a distasteful image, then winks.

He turns to the newest addition to the growing conversation to say "Well met, Tahn. Nathan Tchanlach. Never been to Irthos, myself, but I like to think the sort of folk who frequent the Dunn Wright are pretty open-minded 'bout a person's background. Takes all kinds, right?"

As talk turns to the swordsman school, Nathan shrugs. "I'm not much with a weapon, I have to admit. I think grandfather knew better than to let me learn to defend myself. Would have left much sooner if that had happened, I think. Much as I resent Dad, I suppose I've grown to lean on my minuscule kin now that I'm out and about."

Remove ads