[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

As the others stand to leave, Yoshiki does the same. With a quick bow, he quietly follows Anna out the door, avoiding all the ruckus going on in the tavern. "Until tomorrow" he says as he heads in a different direction than the sorceress.

Ehdge

First Post
Newcomer

The door to the inn opens and a large, muscular human with shoulder length brown hair steps into the room. He glances around at the other patrons for a moment before moving towards an unoccupied table near the corner. He patiently waits a the table for a server to come by and when they do, he asks for a meal and an ale, then leans back to wait for his food and drink.

Ehdge

First Post
The newcomer scans the room, wondering why it is so quiet. He had been told this was the place to go to find others who were seeking to make their fortunes through battle and exploration... He leans back in his booth and drinks from his tankard while watching for signs of life in the other patrons...

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
It takes but two or three rounds of the weird stone game for Marcus to get the idea of what is going on. He lifts his mug and sips from it and turns his gaze across the room. There are a few there that he missed during the two turns he watched. Or maybe they were there and just moved. His eyes move casually across, but take note of, the rather largely muscled human sitting at a table with a mug in his hand. He continues his scan around a little bit longer and excuses himself from the table with the three players.

Thanks for letting me watch. Looks like a bit of a challenge. Maybe next time I stop in and you're all here I'll sit in.

He slips his arm from the grip of the female Gnome, leaving her giving him a longing look, before picking up his mug and turning his half-elven gaze again on the room. He sort of meanders between a few tables, nodding here or there when he catches someones eyes on him. He makes his way to the bar and orders something to eat and a refill on his spiced cider.

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
The door to the Dunn Wright swings open, and a man in a long leather robe walks through. You hardly get a look at him before he goes up to the bar, has a few hushed words with the inn-keep, and disappears into the back.

Several minutes later, he returns to the common room, followed by something entirely monstrous. The man stands just under six feet, with striking blue eyes and dark hair. His leather robe has the sleeves rolled, and faintly glowing tattoos of chains can be seen wrapping upward from his wrist, disappearing under the rolled sleeves. His companion however, seems to be the stuff of nightmares. Standing over six and a half feet tall, with an impressive set of wings folded on it's back. Razor sharp claws adorn it's fingers, and it has a gaping maw, filled with needle-like teeth. It's tail swings behind it menacingly as it glowers at all present. Upon closer inspection, faintly glowing cuffs seem tattooed around the creatures wrists, their color matching those of the man's tattoos.

Walking deeper into the common room, the man calls out to the barkeep:

"A round for everyone here! Barring my scary friend here, he needs to watch his figure..."

Walking over to the more populated table, he introduces himself.

"Darius at your service. That fellow over there is Zaphyn, and don't worry about him, he is quite under control. Who might i have the honor of addressing?"

While this goes on, the demon quietly walks up behind Darius, before chiming in with a toothy grin.

"FOR NOW, MASSSsssSSTER"

Darius points to a corner of the room without turning to acknowledge the demon, "Sit" he commands. The demon glowers once more before quietly moving to the corner of the room and perching himself in the rafters.

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Into the Dunn Wright Inn walks--or more precisely slithers--a mermaid. Marla the barmaid looks up for a moment, then smiles and goes back to work. "Your friends were just here, covered in soot. You look all right, though."

"What? Yes, I'm fine... I'm sorry, I'm a little hazy about what happened. Sometimes, the volcano takes over for my safety."

"The volcano?!" Marla replies. "That was you?"

"Ummm..." the mermaid replies, twisting and biting her lip in apprehension, "I'm not sure? Don't think so?"

Marla looks askance at the mermaid. "Whatever you say, Kazanto. I'll get you some kippers and ale."

Kazanto the mermaid responds, "Ale... the grass-water you eat, yes, that is good."

Kazanto looks around. Her hair is long, black. Her human-side skin tone is pale, almost bluish, and her fish-tail is a deep fiery red. She wears an impressive breastplate made of some black scales that almost seems to glow red, like magma, in the cracks.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus looks around as a plate arrives with a modest sized sandwich and some kind of vegetable cut into sticks. He takes one of these and slides it into his mouth, chewing on it as the leather robed figure enters and passes through to the back. He shrugs and takes a bite of his sandwich, looking back again at the muscled human. A thought seems to cause him to gather his mug and plate and almost start into motion when the man in the leather robe returns with some...thing...following him. He eyes the thing warily as it fairly skulks along behind the robed figure. He doesn't seem too assured when the bellow of rounds for everyone is issued, but he nods as the barkeep turns an eye to him. His attention is now riveted to that pairing as they approach a populated table. He sets his plate back down again on the bar and lifts the sandwich taking another bite when the barmaid, off to his right, strikes up a conversation with another new arrival. He eyes the mermaid a moment, his eyes hovering a moment, one could assume taking in the odd design of the breastplate. He turns back to his sandwich, listening to that conversation, and a few others close by, nodding as a second mug of spiced cider arrives. He takes a big drink from the first one, managing to empty it, he mutters low...

Those Gnomes weren't doing this place justice.

This causes him to smile as he retrieves another vegetable stick and proceeds to bite it in half and chew.

toasterferret

Explorer
Darius turns and acknowledges the new arrival with a deep bow.

"Good afternoon my lady." he says, admiring Kazanto's breastplate.

Turning back to the populated table, he inquires:

"I hear this is the place to find freelance work no?" I've newly arrived back in town and find myself with an abundance of time and a dearth of coin"

A raspy hissing voice can be heard from the rafters above:

"SSsssOOO CLEVER HE THINKSSssSS HE ISSsssSSSss...."

Ehdge

First Post
Now this is more like it... thinks Ehdge...

He stands and moves over before the leather robed newcomer with the glowing tattoos.

"Yes, I too heard that the Dunn Wright Inn is the place to go to find work or word of it. My blade is growing restless for lack of foes to test itself against!"

Last edited:

Remove ads