[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer 4

The doors of the inn open to admit a mussed-but-not-so-you'd-mind young man in dark crimsons and chacoals. He looks around the room as if returning to a welcome haunt, then catches sight of the long-toothed demon hanging from the rafters.

"What the hoary hells?" he says with a start. He holds his hand palm forward, saying, "He's all yours!" Several small glowing motes spin in front of the young man's palm, then fade out again.

Nonplussed, the newcomer holds his palm horizontal and seems to speak to the air above it.

"What do you mean 'he's not as bad as he looks?' Have you seen those teeth?" A brief pause, then the man waves his hand dismissively. "I'm never going to understand you, am I?"

Now a laugh. "If the plan's so far beyond my ken, why do you have to keep jabbering to me about it?"

"Thought that might quiet you up," he finishes smugly. Looking about, he seems to realize he's drawn some attention.

"Sorry about that, folks. I just got done at a pesh-dealing brothel, and while I partook in neither drugs nor flesh, the whole affair's got my head a bit muddled.

"Nathan Tchanlach, trouble maker and occasional problem solver."

Nathan moves to the bar to order a drink, smiling sheepishly to the demonic eidolon. "Sorry about the, um, misunderstanding, eh?" he says.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus takes in the Human having a conversation with himself with interest. Then the apology draws a smile. He raises his mug in salute to the fellow as he tromps over toward the demon, the runed guy, the buff warrior and perhaps the mermaid...Marcus looks around attempting to locate her. He looks up as the barmaid walks by.

Never have to pay admission to a Menagerie again. Just come here and all the oddities come to you.

His comment nets him a smile and not much else. He chuckles and gathers his plate and mug and trumps himself over to the table.

Hope you don't mind if I just wedge myself in here.

His mug goes to the table, the plate then to his left hand, with the cestus on it, his right picking up one of the vegetable sticks.

I had heard from a couple of Gnomes this was the best place to see all the wonders, and maybe get some work. From the look of you lot, I can see they were severely understating matters. My name is Marcus.

He casts a friendly smile to all and sundry present, then chomps on another vegetable stick.

toasterferret

Explorer
Darius nods his agreement to Edghe, hoisting his crossbow. "Agreed. Using Zaphyn for target practice gets old quick"

The demon's eyes glow menacingly from the rafters above, as they narrow in Darius's direction. At Nathan's apology, the demon simply hisses out "YOU SSSHOULD LISssssSSTEN TO YOUR LITTLE FRIENDSSssSsSssss" before retreating further into the rafters.

"Don't mind him!" Darius calls out. "He deserves everything he gets!"

Ehdge

First Post
"That is certainly an interesting pet you keep around. I hope he is crate trained or something."

Ehdge looks after the retreating creature as if wondering if it wouldn't be best to keep the thing on a shorter leash...

"So has anyone heard of any maidens who need saving, monsters who need killing, or, and this is my favorite... treasure that needs finding?"

He looks around the room hopefully...

sunshadow21

Explorer
duo of treasure hunters, npcs

A strange looking pair of tengu enter the Inn, and go up the bar to inquire about a room. Their gear is all beat up and dirty, and they don't look much better off; all sorts of odd looking things hanging off every available space on their body and backpack. After securing a room, they disappear for a while, and eventually reappear looking slightly cleaner and in fresh garb, having left all of their equipment secured in their room. They order a light meal before settling down at a small table and chatting up the barmaids and anyone else who cares to listen about their great exploits (think Indiana Jone type exploits here) throughout the known region and beyond.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus keeps an eye on the toothed beasty as it retreats into the rafters. He lifts the sandwich from his plate, finishing it in two bites and using his newly freed hand to retrieve the mug from the table and takes a drink.

I'd ask where you got such an...interesting....companion....but I'm not so sure that I want to know the answer.

After setting downhis mug, he takes the last of the veggie stick things from his plate and sets the plate on the table, and takes the mug up in the other hand. He opens his mouth to answer when he spots the not as dusty duo and picks up a little of their conversation. He eyes Ehdge and tilts his head.

I bet those two have some good stories. Maybe even something we might could latch onto.

Having not seated himself at the table upon arrival, he crosses toward the table where the story telling duo sits, munching the last veggie stick until it is gone and all he has left is his mug of spiced cider. He gets into the "crowd" gathered around listening and does the same.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer 4

At Nathan's apology, the demon simply hisses out "YOU SSSHOULD LISssssSSTEN TO YOUR LITTLE FRIENDSSssSsSssss" before retreating further into the rafters

"That's what they keep trying to tell me," Nathan says with the hint of a smile, apparently adjusting from his initial shock.

"So has anyone heard of any maidens who need saving, monsters who need killing, or, and this is my favorite... treasure that needs finding?"

Nathan groans. "Monsters and treasure I'm up for, but fate save me from more ladies in distress. Between crazy elven divas and enslaved immigrant concubines, I've had more than my fill of the 'fairer sex'" the sorcerer says.

He orders himself a drink, knocks that back, orders a second, and wanders over to where the tengu are spinning yarns.

sunshadow21

Explorer
tengu treasure hunters

In any other place, the stories these two are telling would be completely outlandish, foolish, and suicidal; here, they are merely extremely dangerous, though some do still border on suicidal and foolish. The barmaids seem to be either uninterested or too busy to notice, much to the pairs' disappointment, though the presence of an interested crowd seems to alleviate that. Their stories range from raiding ancient ruins from the Harran all the way to the northern islands, and just as much geographical variation east to west. They show off a number of mechicanized and magical items that would best be described as very expensive toys, and detail the dangers they went through to find these and many other amazing wonders.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus arrives in the middle of one story and finds a spot to stand and listen to other stories, looking in from time to time when one of them starts on a story of "Let me tell you the tale of how we found...." and displays said item. He waits for a pause before curiosity gets the better of him.

Fascinating stories, gents. But I must ask...what do you do with all of these oddities that you find? Are they on display in some museum somewhere or do you hide them under your mattresses?

He speaks with a jovial tone, no insults intended.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases