[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Qik

First Post
Putting down significantly more food than seems reasonable for a creature his size, Ni eyes the roguish Fury as he exits the Dunn Wright. "Something tells me that one'll be having quite a week..." he murmurs to no one in particular. The gnome trails off for a moment, a thoughtful look taking over. After this pause, he breaks his interiority with a shrug and returns to the business at hand: food, namely, coupled with waiting for the next opportunity to learn more about the strange new world that was the Eastern Continent.

Rolyat58

First Post
Davian Smilebeard (Halfling Rogue)

Davian sits on his stool in an awkward uneasiness, not knowing what to say now that all these new personalities are around him. He sits there and looks at the floor and swings his legs sheepishly.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"If you will excuse me, the amount of testosterone in this room has just gotten to stifling levels. I think I am going to retire for the evening." Veniarus says as he and Kalius depart the Inn heading for their new Apartment elsewhere in the city.

jbear

First Post
"Ahaha ... look at that Taniwha! We are scaring all the axceptional folk away!"

Maui watches with a smirk you'd probably quite like to wipe off his face as they leave. he even gives a most aggravating little wave.

OOC: oO'' Well, I wanted Maui to be unlikeable to match his 7 Charisma. I didn't expect the tavern to empty when he walked in :D

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos looks to Cythera with a bit of a smile.

"Hair of fire. You know, I didn't think he caught my looking at his well-muscled behind," he says, then raises his glass to Maui.

"You got it, Skinart. Drink and dinner on me, you big flatterer."

OOC: jbear, I think it was adventure-related. Fury's got a solo Qik is running, and DC is starting a lower-level adventure in which Veniarus can't take part, anyway, so he's probably clearing off until more folks his level show up after that.

BTW, Handling his animal companion ought to be interesting for Maui with a -4 Cha mod... ;)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera shrugs at Eanos, "The less experienced ones that boast too much are often the ones to get killed quicker with a missed dance step."

"Though, for all you know, he could be one of those assassins or spies."

She wishes Fury good luck as he departs and nods in agreement with Veniarus before he retires. But, when he decides to leave, she says, "Suit yourself, have a good rest."

Not really interested in the loud mouth's banter either, she glances at the now quiet halfling. For a brief moment she realizes they had not been keeping track of the little sticky fingers and she subtly checks her coin purse just to make sure it isn't lighter than it is supposed to be as she pays for more drink.

With her drinking companions heading in different directs, Cythera turns to the little guy and asks, "Well, Davian. It is good that you are not boastful, but there is no need to keep quiet either."

"Let me share my chilled wine and you can share your tale."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 22 (19 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 54 Current: 54
CMB: +8 CMD: 22 (23 vs. Sundering) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+1 with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive & Goblet
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 3/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13))[/sblock]___________________________

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

jbear

First Post
OOC: Hehe, that's a relief :) Cha 7 = -2 I thought, not -4, right? But yes ... hmm. I think I can maybe deal with that by forgoing his extra human feat and bumping the cheetah's intelligence up to 4. Then it doesn't need to be handled, right?

Rolyat58

First Post
Davian Smilebeard (Halfling Rogue)

Davian's ears perk up as he hears the tall lady mention him. "Oh um, not much to tell..." he says with a small smile, his head still tilted downwards towards the floor. His smile then changes to a small grimace as he conjures up his memories. "I was erhm.....traveling..... around the countryside for the longest time....I got lost.....spent some time in the woods before I got here...." and with that he looks up from the floor to the redheaded lady, replacing his grimace with an cheeky smile. "Now here I am!"

jbear

First Post
As Cythera ignores Maui he seems not to notice he is being ignored. He also doesn't seem to realise that Eanos is making a joke, or the fact he also has red hair.

"Why thank you Eyes of Jade. You have a fine spirit! Maui declares you are his friend. Keep metal! Maui will buy you Brown Water to show you his spirit is as generous as yours ... if not more!"

Maui waves at the barman and shouts.

"I buy the Brown Water for Eyes of Jade!"

With a chuckle that almost sounds genuine he turns back to the other patrons talking as though everyone were listening to him.

"But my name is not Skinnard. Or Devian, I am Maui. And I would never boast. I am te most humble man I know. But as Hair of Fire witches me to speak then I will tell you ..."

Until now blissfully unaware of the animosity and indifference his character has caused, as Davian begins to tell his story Maui pauses and looks puzzled. Not the sharpest tool in the shed it takes quite some time for it to dawn on him what the situation is.

"Oh ... Maui sees now. Hair of Fire calls me full of boasts and then talks to the child Devian instead of to a man. Taniwha stop that rubbing! Away from her!"

Maui's cheetah, which had been circling Cythera's table with tail twitching, has begun to nuzzle his head into her lap affectionately seeking attention. He completely ignores Maui's angry command.

Disgusted but unsurprised, as if this display of disobediance must happen quite often, Maui walks up to the bar and slaps down some coin.

"I will need 2 of the Brown Water, a Fire Water and your best Buffalo Milk"

When he is served after a short argument with the barman as to whether that which he has been given is or is not buffalo milk he returns amongst the other patrons. He gives Eanos his drink and sets his own tankard down as though he is going to sit next to him shortly.

"To your fine spirit, Eyes of Jade!"

He then moves to Cythera and slams down the shot of clear liquid he was served when he asked for Fire Water. Half of it spills.

"To warm your heart, Hair of Fire, Mother of Stone!"

He puts the milk down in front of Devian and removes the chilled wine Cythera has served him which he pours back into her glass.

"Here Lost Boy. Milk is what you need. Its not buffalo no matter what that liar says. Te Red Water is not for children. Hair of Fire's womb has turned hard and dead like stone, that is why she doesn't know you need milk. Te Red Water will make you sick like te poison. Now, when you finish and I finish sharing Brown Water with that man sitting there," he says pointing at Eanos. "When you are ready we can go and look for you parents."

He ruffles Davian's hair and returns to his drink, taking a seat.

"Taniwha ... come here! Now ...! .... ... ... Stupid cat."

Remove ads