[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

possum

First Post
"Cute," Dolgrin kind of grumbles at Mesem's name joke. He takes another drink from his mug before setting it down on the counter. "I've been in the area for a couple of days, but I haven't done anything more exciting than drive a coyote away from my camp on the way here..."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem, Halfling Cook, Level 1

Lem walks into the Inn. He had just come from an unfortunately unsuccessful and short excursion to some nearby goblin-filled hills. Low on money, he decides to return to the Dunn Wright Inn. Going to the bar he requests, "One glass of goat's milk, please."

Qik

First Post
"I've been in the area for a couple of days, but I haven't done anything more exciting than drive a coyote away from my camp on the way here..."

Mesem purses his lips, idly watching the diminutive Lem as he enters the tavern and orders a milk. "Hmm. While I hope that an opportunity presents itself soon, patience is a virtue worth cultivating. So I will wait." He smiles thinly, and taps his fingers on the bar unconsciously.

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg
[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +7
HP: 9/9 real + 11/11 temporary
AC: 13 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 12) CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)

Natural Weapons:Bite (+5, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (+6, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 10/10 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +0 CMD: 10
Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 4/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 2/2

Active Magic: None
[/sblock]​

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

"New to the area, myself," Ru says, glancing to the newest arrival. "But, hey, if the foot traffic through here is any indication, place must be worth it's reputation," he says.

Qik

First Post
Mesem nods in response to Ru's comments. "It would seem to be so. After traveling so far, I am pleased to have arrived at a suitable destination."

Mesem's food arrives - a simple mixture of grains and vegetables, prepared at his request - and he sets into it thankfully. Given the relative lull he seems to have walked into, he contents himself to eat until the opportunity to speak presents itself.

OOC: Things are a bit slow for me gaming-wise at the moment, so I'm happy to chat someone's ear off, but it wouldn't be like Mesem to spam questions. :) Hopefully we'll be getting an adventure opportunity soon.

Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: None

[/sblock]​

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

Lem sheepishly admits, "I am often at awe at the cooking here and always seek to learn a new recipe."

Ru shrugs. "Really? To each his own, brother," he says with a wink. "So long as it's not rotten, I can eat just about anything. Probably managed to stomach a few rotten things, too, come to think of it."

Mesem nods in response to Ru's comments. "It would seem to be so. After traveling so far, I am pleased to have arrived at a suitable destination."

Ru turns back to the thin half-elf, casually asking, "And how far was that?"

Qik

First Post
Mesem swallows his most recent bite, and then answers Ru. "I come from deep within the Sethir Mountains, south of Irthos. It is not just the distance that makes it seem far away - the area is not what you would call 'clement' to transportation," he says with a smile.

"How about yourself, friend Ru? Where do you hail from? And, if you do not mind me asking, where did you learn to use a blade?" he adds, gesturing to Ru's wakizashis.

[/sblock]​

possum

First Post
"Yes, never seen blades like that before," Dolgrin says, his attention brought to the strange curved blades by Mesem. "Look useful." The dwarf takes another drink from his newly refilled mug. "I come from Valley Mouth in your tongue," he adds himself. "The name in my native language is a bit much for humans to pronounce. Or spell, even..."

Qik

First Post
Mesem chuckles slightly, holding his spoon. "I know of that feeling. I have been speaking celestial since I was of my youth, and it was only when I began to have the opportunity to interact with outsiders that I discovered that its symmetry and orderliness gave those who were not native to its rhythms much consternation." He chuckles again. "Ours is truly the age of the polyglot."

Mesem takes a bite of his food, turning thoughtful.

[/sblock]​

Remove ads